Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the details surrounding the AOD project are true and the players were not made fully aware that they were guinea pigs for this trial or the possible side effects etc as is standard for any participants of a medical trial, then I'm pretty sure it is against the law.

Add to that the assertion from some of the flogs on your board that the *players were possibly duped and given something that was different to what they were told. That is also illegal.

Given the known text messages between *Hird and *Dank discussing what was to be given to players as well as the "financials for the AOD project" it is reasonable to assume that *Hird was at least compliant in the whole thing so he should be accountable. Same would go for *Evans. As for *Dank, it is his profession and he should know better.

Hope that helps

Geez a few people really do blur the lines between a doping violation and a criminal act.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
After all the bluster, the one substance they stand accused of taking is one they had no way of knowing they were being administered - that is, they were never told they were receiving TB4.
Chinese swimmers didn't know what they were taking either. Player are told that the Doc is the only person to be injecting them, yet here comes Dank and no eyebrows were raised for months.

Agreed on all counts here.

Also why doesn't Corcoran get a *?
Clerical error.

Noooooo not agreed at all.
Ok, *Hird met Charter pool side and in a complete coincidence he ended up shopping for peptides in China. The rest happened.

Nah not highly likely at all. In fact, I'm starting to lean towards highly unlikely.
Having difficulty seeing through the wool?

$10m eh? What made you come up with that figure?
I have a random fine generator machine in my shed. I inputted some data (the drugs used, the level of incompetence, the arrogance of the participants etc.). It originally came up with $150 million, but that seems crazy, so I took out the 5.

GarnerSmash

10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So another fun filled question, should the AFL Tribunal find ZERO players guilty of doping, what will your reaction/feeling be?
Joy that your club will have a s**t stain on it for eternity.

GarnerSmash

Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Nah, I feel quite good thanks. No hate past the normal feeling that I have had for your *club for a long time.

By the way, you are dragging down the tenor of the thread again. Either express you sympathy for * or depart for delusional shores.

GarnerSmash

Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So another fun filled question, should the AFL Tribunal find ZERO players guilty of doping, what will your reaction/feeling be?
If we're playing the question game, here's one for you.
If the players and Hird are found guilty. Where will you most likely found crying?

A) Alone in your bedroom, unable to leave for weeks on end.
B) With all the other deluded imbeciles. Who have set up Candle light vigil outside Bunnings Tullamarine.
C) Sitting in the shower trying to wash of the stain that was once your beloved club
D) All of the above

You know I really feel unloved by you blokes sometimes.

I may have to start cutting myself, just to feel something.

See you in a couple of weeks ya bunny boilers. ;)
HAIL HYDRA, l mean HAIL hird*.

Above all Hird is the one person who should be hit the hardest. He was responsible for what happened to his players and should never coach or be involved in sporting club again - period. He has escaped with a twelve month fully paid holiday and two year contract extension. Laughable and I think that is when most people lost all respect for Essendon as a club. I can cope with the players being let off lightly (they will be) as I do believe that, although they were stupidly naive, they are victims to a degree of Essendon and Hird'smismanagement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 8, 2013
The Norwegian Sky
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Celtics Saints LSU Chelsea RedSox
Interesting. Do you think 34 players doped?
Well if they didn't they would have taken their opportunity to tell the truth when the first lot of SC notices where issued. Instead they are happy to avoid telling the truth by dragging the whole thing out through the courts. An innocent man would take the opportunity to clear his name.

Havent the AFL handed down punishment for poor governance only? If players get banned then the club is going to have to cop punishment for systematic doping of 34 scumbags.

As for the AFLPA they have lost the plot. They are spending all their time looking after the interests of 34 players. They should be looking after the interests of the other 700 players by making sure the cheats amongst their ranks get the punishment they deserve.

That's right kangatime and that is actually stated in the Age article. If the AFL fails to act in terms of what the WADA code calls for, then I think that WADA will feel bound to act.

And I also think that every other sporting body in Australia will be watching this aspect very closely, particularly those that represent team sports at Olympic level.

If I was involved with any of those sporting bodies, I would actually be writing to the AFL to remind it of its obligations under the WADA code.

Last edited:
Gee I'm really over hearing about all this s**t. I can't believe it's still not over.

Asada are incompetent and Essendon are a disgrace.

I see no reason why the ASADA should cop it for the sins of others. Justice Middleton went to some length to commend the ASADA for their part in the process.

Blame *essendon first and foremost for the length of time this has dragged on. The USADA received the same treatment over their pursuit of *lance *armstrong. *essendon have borrowed the *lance *armstong instructional video on the art of using obstructionist tactics.

The *essendon fc deserves to have the book thrown at them in every possible way and I would not be against the removal of their licence or at the very least the AFL taking over their licence until such time as everyone associated with this most disgraceful period in our game is gone forever from *essendon.
The *essendon fc have brought our great game into disrepute and deserve to be punished in the heaviest possible terms.

Last edited:

Confidence that WADA will smack them into 2016.

Aug 13, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NORTH! 2016,2017,2018.
I see no reason why the ASADA should cop it for the sins of others. Justice Middleton went to some length to commend the ASADA for their part in the process.

Blame *essendon first and foremost for the length of time this has dragged on. The USADA received the same treatment over their pursuit of *lance *armstrong. *essendon have borrowed the *lance *armstong instructional video on the art of using obstructionist tactics.

The *essendon fc deserves to have the book thrown at them in every possible way and I would not be against the removal of their licence or at the very least the AFL taking over their licence until such time as everyone associated with this most disgraceful period in our game is gone forever from *essendon.
The *essendon fc have brought our great game into disrepute and deserve to be punished in the heaviest possible terms.
Exactly right. This sport is doing it's best to branch out globally. The best way they can sort it all out is give them a good belting so the sport keeps its credibility and so no one dares try it again!

Jul 19, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
GRM, Williams
You know I really feel unloved by you blokes sometimes.

I may have to start cutting myself, just to feel something.

See you in a couple of weeks ya bunny boilers. ;)

Enjoyed reading the recent discussion involving our * visitor. Adds some spice. Can someone explain again why we are not allowed to post on their ASADA thread?

Enjoyed reading the recent discussion involving our * visitor. Adds some spice. Can someone explain again why we are not allowed to post on their ASADA thread?
The truth hurts.

People forget that this saga is unprecedented in Australian sporting history. ASADA were well equipped to deal with individuals, but two teams? With the limited resources they had, I reckon they've done an outstanding job so far. People who are calling them incompetent are either *Essendon supporters and sycophants or people who haven't followed this closely enough. ASADA had to ask the government for extra funding, and new legislature to help them out because the task was so enormous. We're talking hundreds of people interviewed, tens of thousands of documents that all have to be checked, triple checked, cross referenced, etc. All at the same time of following the letter of the law, and due process.

Consider also that *Essendon have made their jobs a lot harder, something they have no doubt planned for. I don't think they will show them any leniency, especially not McDevitt who has been professionally attacked by certain parties, as well as personally.

Mar 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sort of flies in the face of “we are innocent, we have nothing to hide, when the evidence is presented, we will be vindicated / in a good place”.

nah nah nah, stick one head in da sand and hope things go away. It's really beginning to get fun now.
  1. Bans to players
  2. litigation:- players v's club
  3. compensation to players banned.
This will go for years, like many of us here have tipped and prayed for. The pain and suffering will go longer than what Carlton still experience now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back