Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't even know how a thread qualifies for such a prefix, but I still called for it back on 18/9/2013 o_O:confused::$

Under the prefix list, there's a ~super secret~ mod only list.

If we deem a particular thread "legendary" enough, it gets tagged with the CLT prefix.

I might slap it on the Trent Dumont thread, because that one is an absolute belter.

I know I requested it a few times.

When I saw the prefix I thought I was on the GD board, Jay-Z would know which thread I'm talking about.

From memory there's actually very few threads that have the CLT prefix, site-wide.

The only ones I know of are the Awkward Flirting Stories thread on GD, and the Hamish McLachlan thread on the Main Board.

When I say we "only got it" last week, I mean it only showed up in the thread prefix list. Previous to that, it was only a MB/GD thing.

I know I requested it a few times.

When I saw the prefix I thought I was on the GD board, Jay-Z would know which thread I'm talking about.
Yep, that thread (AFS) along with this one are the two best threads on the whole site. Fitting they now share the CLT prefix

Yep, that thread (AFS) along with this one are the two best threads on the whole site. Fitting they now share the CLT prefix
I am interested in the flirting stories one, the hamish mclachlan one is a cracker.

Just don't read my contribution in the Awkward Flirting Stories thread. If its the thread im thinking of it involves a missed 3some because im a chivalrous campaigner an' all that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got directed to the Awkward Flirting Stories thread in the last offseason and it was like one of those sketch comedies, where you have a chuckle here and there, a few that miss the mark, until you get to a cracker that has you rolling on the floor. Some absolute gold in there. Can we somehow merge the threads?

*jimmy flirting with football oblivion?
Vlad flirting with Aurora?
* flirting with bankruptcy?

Sympathy for *essendon - *jimmy's awkward flirt with football oblivion?

Perhaps it is time to start reposting the legendary posts of the legendary thread.

Last edited:
Love the new prefix.

Although, sadly, it appears not all North supporters share our enthusiasm for this most holy of threads.

What is worse? Using PEDs to improve your athletic output, or 'aggravated robbery' of a defenceless cabbie?

The amusing thing about this is the reaction on the North board.

18 months of moralising about PED use but suddenly they all have some compassion. LOL.

Yes. LOL indeed....

687403877231115336.gif

....just not for the same reason.

Love the new prefix.

Although, sadly, it appears not all North supporters share our enthusiasm for this most holy of threads.

Yes. LOL indeed....

687403877231115336.gif

....just not for the same reason.
There is a small number of self-righteous tossers on this board, who love the opportunity to demonstrate their moral superiority over the rest of us.

Unless you post your uncompromising outrage at Dumont’s alleged wrongdoing, at the same time berating others for cutting the kid a little slack, you are not truly a highly moral being, superior in every way.

:drunk:

What's the worse that could happen? players receive bans,they say **** off and keep playing it's not like Asada/AFL can hold a gun to their head and force them to miss games.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

This poor * sap is in serious need of sympathy - this is an email he sent to Robbo..
what i wrote to robbo...

Football isn’t the most important thing in the world, but in this city it comes close. As one famous quote reads ‘football is the most important of the less important things.

This city breathes football, its tribal. You are born into bloodlines that carry you though a football supporting life until you pass them onto your kids. There’s no changing it, there’s no supressing it, it’s there for ever, like a splinter in your soul. Of course it ebbs and flows; as a child it’s your everything, those players are like gods amongst men. As a teen it ebbs a little while you find out what’s at the bottom of a brown bottle and the allure of the opposite sex…but it’s still there. You can pretend not to care but when a news report of your club comes on you stop to listen. You still get the adrenaline during a close game or feel the eyes welling at a close loss.

It’s also a social binder, people are known by who they support sometimes more than by who they are. Football is a leveller, it’s not uncommon to see blue collar workers, white collar workers, scholars, immigrants, all sitting around the one bar table discussing football. These are things that don’t normally happen in society, but for our game.

I was in a happy little routine as a proud Bombers supporter, I’d go to work and debate all day long about the state of the game, who was good, who was bad, Quite often with people that I don’t even know by name, only by who their team is. The best part about these arguments is there is no winners, there is no wrong answer, its all about opinions. Your rebuttals can go back to having won 16 flags, to how good the kids on your list are, to that time we beat you by a point after the siren.

These moments of football banter got me through the long days, the longs weeks of work that are sometimes mundane. Its was my escape.

Then something happened, the so called worst day in sporting history happened.

As a bombers fan this was our twin towers, our Bali bombings, the day we lost our innocence and as it happens our ability to hold any moral ground in any footballing debate from that point forward. The anger builds inside me as I try and make my point when I hear from the other side of the table, well at least we aren’t drug cheats…..

Know it alls trying to tell me why I should hate Hird, because they read the latest newspaper article. Know it alls suddenly experts in bio chemisty or contract law. Journos strumming our pain with their pens as they straddle the lines of propaganda while they blatantly put forward the rhetoric of whichever side they are leaking for. The club with its back up, bound, looking for any angle of retort.

This turned into a media war with leak and counter leak, spin and counter spin to a point where the original points of debate were lost months ago. As with any war, its always the same, there is collateral damage and the innocent people are the ones to get hurt. This saga has been reported to saturation point via every possible angle, except for one, the Bombers fans, nobody has stopped for a single moment to think or report how this has been for us.

What were we supposed to do? Of course we had to stand by our club who told us the truth will come....the longer we waited the more abuse we received from everybody in society who has been against us from the start, while their anger was being fanned by the daily papers. Kids in school being teased as drug cheats before they should know what drugs are. We have been marooned like hapless fools while the club made promises, each weak move the board made, made us look more the fool. The strong amongst us kept up the fight for months, we believed the truth would come despite the bombardment from all angles. But after a while it became too much, repeating the same answers to the same idiotic accusations – sheep believing every aspect of what they are served without an ounce of free thought or perspective.

Well im tired.

I cant do it anymore, and I know I’m not the only one, I no longer seek out the people in the work corridor to chat about football, I no longer visit the football chat rooms or forums, its too painful. I used to love reading the paper from the back in the morning – I no longer buy it. The sports report on the news? Change the channel.

I am at my lowest ebb as a football fan, the flame is flickering, and I know for a fact this is happening across Melbourne and not just From the red and black end. This needs to end before the damage is irreplaceable, please put down your guns, put your proof if any on the table ASADA, and end this so we can all move on.

I know that this stain will always be there, and if an argument gets hard the mug on the other side will always bring up the drugs, no matter if we are found innocent or guilty. But I can wear that, it’s the price we pay for what’s happened.

Lets finish this so I can get my footy life back

And slobbo's reply...

Hang in there mate, it's just about over and Bombers very confident.

:drunk:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back