Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE fridge in Stephen Dank’s office at Windy Hill wasn’t stocked with typical supplies.

Bottled water and sandwiches? No.

This was Essendon FC in 2012.

Peptides were on the menu.

The man they call “Danksy” stored hexarelin and other potions in this fridge, which he left unlocked in his disorderly office deep inside Bombers’ HQ.

Yeah people on the bay seemed to think people are revisiting the 'Dank was rogue' scenario again. I read it completely differently and saw that article as pointing fingers at Hird and Reid, and the 'Essendon Leaders' in general. The article just used Dank as the mechanism to do so. It actually talks him up in parts and humanises him. The last few paragraphs about the tribunal and charges don't mention him at all though. Not sure if others will agree with me but I made a post about it over there anyway. Interesting times.

They are guilty.......

Guilty of attempting to cheat their way into premiership contention
Guilty of hiring the most infamous PED peddler in Australian sport
Guilty of throwing under the bus anyone in the club who held views diverging from the golden boy
Guilty of taking no responsibility, even in light of the critical findings of their own commissioned investigation
Guilty of behaving like some rich private school prefect who believes they operate with a different set of rules
Guilty of using their naive players as guinea pigs in their 'sports science' experiments
Guilty of being reamed by their Machiavellian cultist leader who cares for only his own interests
Guilty of claiming they are victims of a conspiracy whilst conspiring to remove evidence of exactly what they were doing
Guilty of f&&&ing around the competition for three years
Guilty of being the most pathetic flog of a club in the history of Aussie Rules

Regardless of what happens on March 31, they are already guilty as sin.
Cracking post!!!

Yeah people on the bay seemed to think people are revisiting the 'Dank was rogue' scenario again. I read it completely differently and saw that article as pointing fingers at Hird and Reid, and the 'Essendon Leaders' in general. The article just used Dank as the mechanism to do so. It actually talks him up in parts and humanises him. The last few paragraphs about the tribunal and charges don't mention him at all though. Not sure if others will agree with me but I made a post about it over there anyway. Interesting times.
That's how I read it.

tumblr_inline_mkbhzysFTV1qz4rgp.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THE fridge in Stephen Dank’s office at Windy Hill wasn’t stocked with typical supplies.

The man they call “Danksy” stored hexarelin and other potions in this fridge, which he left unlocked in his disorderly office deep inside Bombers’ HQ.

The existence of a fridge in Dank's office was revealed to that crack investigative reporter and all-round media personality and budding superstar when he interviewed the Weapon a while back.

Iirc, Darcy's reaction was not ''what was in the fridge?" or even "why would you mention a fridge?"

His reaction was "a fridge eh...". He then moved on to more relevant issues, like what Dank had on his toast and how many sugars he had in his coffee.

Interestingly, Carly Crawford opens her story in the Hun with mention of the fridge and its contents.

Failing to follow up the fridge angle would probably haunt a more intelligent person. It probably hasn't bothered Darcy in the least.

Forget now how many documents, statements, phone call/text transcripts, laptop histories etc were mentioned, and IIRC, ASADA took 3-4 days to submit their evidence to the tribunal, but there seems to be a theory by *fanbois that all players will be found not guilty due to lack of evidence :confused:

Agree with your reading and your HTB comments. I found this article a surprisingly good and thorough summary.

Forget now how many documents, statements, phone call/text transcripts, laptop histories etc were mentioned, and IIRC, ASADA took 3-4 days to submit their evidence to the tribunal, but there seems to be a theory by *fanbois that all players will be found not guilty due to lack of evidence :confused:

I think it's clear. ASADA are full of Foamers.

I love this bit:
WHEN a wave of soft tissue injuries struck the club, Hird asked his sports scientist for clues.
In April, he texted Dank: “Why do you reckon we are getting all the injuries?”
Dank said: “I need to use much more placental cells and Actovegin ... West Coast, Hawthorn and Collingwood’s tissues are biologically advanced. We need to change our biology for a little while.”

I still know a few Bombers fans that reckon that they were just trying to keep up with an AFL arms race.

It didn't exist. * were completely sucked in by a con man.

I love this bit:
WHEN a wave of soft tissue injuries struck the club, Hird asked his sports scientist for clues.
Dank said: “I need to use much more placental cells and Actovegin ... West Coast, Hawthorn and Collingwood’s tissues are biologically advanced. We need to change our biology for a little while.”

I still know a few Bombers fans that reckon that they were just trying to keep up with an AFL arms race.

Yep.

Nothing to see here....

I have just kept a lazy eye on this saga, and sorry if I am rehashing, but I just had a search on Actovegin, that was oh so casually mentioned in his text. What a dodgy fkr!

Actovegin
is a highly filtered extract obtained from calf blood which enhances aerobic oxidation in mammals. This improves absorption of glucose and oxygen uptake in tissue, which may enhance physical performance and stamina.

Actovegin made headlines from 2009 to 2011 when Canadian sports doctor Anthony Galea was charged with illegally providing professional athletes with a number of performance-enhancing drugs, including Actovegin. As revealed by later testimony by drivers, it was also regularly used by Lance Armstrong and the members of his U.S. Postal Service Pro Cycling Team on the 2000 Tour de France to enhance their performance.....
Market approvals
As of July 2011, the drug was not approved for sale, importation, or use in the United States.[12] It is an unapproved drug in Canada as well.

Last edited:
I love this bit:

*Dank was probably right in suggesting that the biology of many WC players was significantly altered by substances.

The priorities and attitudes of people on this thread REALLY stagger me sometimes. The important things get lost in the minutiae of totally useless details.

I can say, hand-on-(ahem)-heart, that I have ABSOLUTLEY NO IDEA what music was playing during my first lap dance. I was busy concentrating on other things at the time............

.......... like not falling off the stage for a start.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back