Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
images
Or ripping, it's a win either way. :D

Lol btw there is no way North could be in this.
Having a look at McKenzie, Bastinac, Wright, to name a few were cleanskins.
Were too honest and hardworking to cheat.
Always be a club that succeeds through talent and discipline.

A little bit of me feels that if I laugh too hard, then somehow North will become implicated and it will be my fault.

But the other 99% of me can't stop chortling. Golden Boy and the master plan bringing the club to its knees? Goddard left to pick up the pieces? Perfection.

Its really a sad day for the sport, a sport that most of us played when we were kids, we dreamt of playing VFL/AFL if we were lucky or gifted enough.
The afl cannot dodge this anymore our game is tainted:- they claimed tanking didnt exist and has dragged its own feet with the investigation (probably planning to announce its finding when the season is about to start) Its February and still no news, they did state days before xmas it'll be announcing its findings in the new year. Some people argue that the rules were there to used , its was a too good of a carrot just hanging out there, waiting to be taken.
But now this has raised its ugly head, now I hate Essendon as much as anyone but to have a professional football club purposefully push the boundaries of fairplay, knowingly do this for the sake of achieving success. Just reeks the essence of what Australia is known, not to be.
I hope to christ their sponsors do the decent thing, drop them like a hot potato, the AFL makes them struggle, just as much time if not longer than Carlton did for breaching the salary cap.
Reputations now are tarnished, Jobe Watson who in my public opinion seems to be a decent person may lose his Brownlow medal, its just amazing in this day and age where transparency rules the roost, where 30-40 people/players were asked to sign waivers and not one of them had one ounce of a negative "gut feeling" on the subject. Mark Thompson who again appears publicly, to be of good character had these 2 Sports medicine gurus at Geelong, there may be a few Geelong supporters asking the questions:- did this happen down at sleepy hollow? it may have not but there is today a little less gloss with those magic seasons down there, only for the mere fact that these 2 drugs cheats were involved there at the time.
Again, I hope Essendon rot bigtime!!
But its the supporters who suffer, us!!, those that only have one joy in life is to see one day, their side win a flag. Those that have a low incomes but because they love football so much its their only luxury they afford themselves in life.
To me, its a sad time in the sport, a little bit of the magic has gone. But nothing a cracking season from the NMFC cant fix;).

Its really a sad day for the sport, a sport that most of us played when we were kids, we dreamt of playing VFL/AFL if we were lucky or gifted enough.
The afl cannot dodge this anymore our game is tainted:- they claimed tanking didnt exist and has dragged its own feet with the investigation (probably planning to announce its finding when the season is about to start) Its February and still no news, they did state days before xmas it'll be announcing its findings in the new year. Some people argue that the rules were there to used , its was a too good of a carrot just hanging out there, waiting to be taken.
But now this has raised its ugly head, now I hate Essendon as much as anyone but to have a professional football club purposefully push the boundaries of fairplay, knowingly do this for the sake of achieving success. Just reeks the essence of what Australia is known, not to be.
I hope to christ their sponsors do the decent thing, drop them like a hot potato, the AFL makes them struggle, just as much time if not longer than Carlton did for breaching the salary cap.
Reputations now are tarnished, Jobe Watson who in my public opinion seems to be a decent person may lose his Brownlow medal, its just amazing in this day and age where transparency rules the roost, where 30-40 people/players were asked to sign waivers and not one of them had one ounce of a negative "gut feeling" on the subject. Mark Thompson who again appears publicly, to be of good character had these 2 Sports medicine gurus at Geelong, there may be a few Geelong supporters asking the questions:- did this happen down at sleepy hollow? it may have not but there is today a little less gloss with those magic seasons down there, only for the mere fact that these 2 drugs cheats were involved there at the time.
Again, I hope Essendon rot bigtime!!
But its the supporters who suffer, us!!, those that only have one joy in life is to see one day, their side win a flag. Those that have a low incomes but because they love football so much its their only luxury they afford themselves in life.
To me, its a sad time in the sport, a little bit of the magic has gone. But nothing a cracking season from the NMFC cant fix;).

absolute quality post, agreed with everything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where might this leave Jobe and his Brownlow ?

If he has taken banned substance he has to be stripped of it. No way the AFL will allow him to keep it.

I want to know how they can play in 2013 if they did dope and even if it is a tiny advantage - any advantage and they should be sitting out the season. We can delay our round 1 game V Pies and play it on Anzac day.

The bonus of being a small club is i doubt we could afford to dope our players up, unless it was coming out of their own pocket ;)

Stuffed if i know whats gonna happen at this end of this saga (loss of points, loss of draft picks, loss of jobs, loss of season, all of the above). I know there is alot of die-hard supporters out there and i do feel a little sorry for them, but my mates who go for the bombers and a few of the Essendon posters on big footy can go and get f***ed. Suck s**t

I am so disappointed that so many here seem to be so down on the Essendon Football Club, gloating at this time of such deep embarassment.

But I am even more disappointed, no devastated is the word, that the one and only, Sir James Hird may be implicated (I mean he wouldn't would he?).

How can we revel in the knowledge of this terrible situation?

He is Sir James. He is wonderful. He was an on-field icon of the game (apart from the McLaren incident which incidentally he got right but that's by the by - I think it was McLaren - they all morph into the one image of incompetence). Since becoming coach his god like status has increased and he has propelled the bombers up the ladder (hasn't he?) in a manner that Matthew Knights never could have.

And he is every mother's dream to have as a son-in-law (apart from the ears) assuming they have a daughter (although some mothers might still be happy if they just have a son).

We should be better than this, we should be offering our support to him in these terrible times.

In the words of that other great Essendon man, Mark Thompson (surely he is not implicated too is he? - didn't the Weapon come from geelong via the GC to the bombers at the suggestion of Bomber?)

"Leave him alone, all of you".

Ben the Gooner obviously slept through the Carey affair.....

The suggestions are that if another club gets dragged into this, it will be Geelong. So let's hope we're not taking too many things away from our Friday summer sessions.

The EX-head of ASADA was on SEN this morning and it's fair to state that he pulled no punches. If the rumoured "stimulant" (GRH6 or something like that) is correct, then he said they were in huge trouble. It's the kind of thing that is immediately seized by Customs if they come across it. Apparently, a rugby player got involved with this a few years back, and he was suspended for 4 years (although, I think that included actual dealing).

He said that ASADA knew of this sports-science guy and he was always on the verge of crossing the line (mentioned calfs blood treatment while at Manly). When asked whether he would hire him if he was in charge of a club, he took about 0.0001 seconds to state "NO".

The suggestions are that if another club gets dragged into this, it will be Geelong. So let's hope we're not taking too many things away from our Friday summer sessions.

The EX-head of ASADA was on SEN this morning and it's fair to state that he pulled no punches. If the rumoured "stimulant" (GRH6 or something like that) is correct, then he said they were in huge trouble. It's the kind of thing that is immediately seized by Customs if they come across it. Apparently, a rugby player got involved with this a few years back, and he was suspended for 4 years (although, I think that included actual dealing).

He said that ASADA knew of this sports-science guy and he was always on the verge of crossing the line (mentioned calfs blood treatment while at Manly). When asked whether he would hire him if he was in charge of a club, he took about 0.0001 seconds to state "NO".
this just keeps getting funnier and funnier!

I can't remove my smile!
tumblr_mb5hp40Uds1qha4tr.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back