Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the post of Jade's and it is flawed.

If Glenn Archer was North coach and lead a systematic PED program he would have been forced to stand down pretty quickly.

As a club we have stared death in the eyes and won, like we wouldn't tolerate a threat to our survival with little to no ramifications from the club to the man who lead us to a precarious position.

The idea we would react similarly disregards how personal our rank and file hold our survival and almost completely disregards the identity our club has had for 146 years.

Our supporters have had to fight for our survival, people on this board have had to fight for our survival, when have * ever had to fight for anything?

We'd react very differently, f*** the AFL would react differently they probably wouldn't be calling to tip us off they would be calling in our licence.

Kool-Aid chugger gets his 15 minutes of fame...
http://www.smh.com.au/comment/james-hirds-essendon-story-has-yet-to-be-told-20150303-13sa71.html

I can't believe this was published in mainstream media.
Suddenly there were up to 20 players joining in the "Stand by Hird" campaign. It seemed a little strange that the men Hird had been accused of neglecting would do so. Did they know something the public didn't? Yes. They knew him.
Perhaps they know exactly what was going on in 2012 and are desperately trying to cover their arses?
Hird sadly hasn't been permitted to tell that story yet, owing to an existing non-disparagement clause with the AFL and a previous request from the club not to speak on the topic.
Yes, just as he's toed the line on other club requests such as not pursuing a longshot appeal against his failed attempt to get off by way of legal technicality.

Brave, brave *Sir James.

As if Hird* lasts the next 2 months. Should have been kicked out months ago.

*Hird hasn't received an infraction notice (I believe). There is currently no allegation directly against *him by ASADA. Isn't he innocent until proven guilty?

*He has form in using legal threats and leverage against *his club (I'll cop a year off if you pay me my $1m - if not then I won't cop the year off, will sue the AFL and you'll be ****ed and far from home; if you sack me for appealling Middleton I'll go you for unawful dismissal) - why wouldn't he do it again? Wouldn't * know that if they sack him because the players were found guilty of doping, then he will go them like he has gone everyone else in this thing and threatened to do to them as well?

Why wouldn't he say that until and unless ASADA goes him, and wins (after fighting and fighting and fighting, no matter how hopeless the odds - again he has form a la the Fed Court cases), then he is blameless and bears no responsibility?

In other words, *Hird has shirked every basic tenet of managerial responsibility so far - why would that change?

I read the post of Jade's and it is flawed.

If Glenn Archer was North coach and lead a systematic PED program he would have been forced to stand down pretty quickly.

Was there a systematic PED program? Pretty long bow you're drawing.

As a club we have stared death in the eyes and won, like we wouldn't tolerate a threat to our survival with little to no ramifications from the club to the man who lead us to a precarious position.

The idea we would react similarly disregards how personal our rank and file hold our survival and almost completely disregards the identity our club has had for 146 years.

Your club may (and probably would) react differently. My suggestion was that the fanbase would react in the same way that you've seen Essendon fans react. I think it's a pretty reasonable assertion, we all tend to act the same no matter the scenario.

Our supporters have had to fight for our survival, people on this board have had to fight for our survival, when have * ever had to fight for anything?

A bit of chest beating hyperbole don't you think? I don't see how the average joe North fan has done any more or less than an Essendon fan (or any other club fan for that matter).

We'd react very differently, f*** the AFL would react differently they probably wouldn't be calling to tip us off they would be calling in our licence.

No idea.

An alternate idea (and I have no idea on how valid it is), is that this would not have been a big as scandal as it was if it had occurred at one of the smaller clubs.

I don't see how the average joe North fan has done any more or less than an Essendon fan (or any other club fan for that matter).

That-Is-Why-You-Fail.jpg

*jade exhibiting the effects of being on the inside looking out.

Yeah those Norf fans never did nuffin like fight for their club.

roos470_wideweb__470x274,2.jpg

I didn't even imply North fans did nothing.

I suggested they have done nothing more than any other fanbase has for their club.

Fair call. The concept of "systematic" presupposes the ability to differentiate one's arse from one's elbow. *'s PED "program" was a shambles from the start.

Which is suspiciously similar to those on the outside looking in, eh?
You're calling the ground flat.

We see it round.
I didn't even imply North fans did nothing.

I suggested they have done nothing more than any other fanbase has for their club.
By necessity we have needed to do more.

*jade, need I remind you of the required levels of sympathy again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your club may (and probably would) react differently. My suggestion was that the fanbase would react in the same way that you've seen Essendon fans react. I think it's a pretty reasonable assertion, we all tend to act the same no matter the scenario.

A bit of chest beating hyperbole don't you think? I don't see how the average joe North fan has done any more or less than an Essendon fan (or any other club fan for that matter).

No idea.

An alternate idea (and I have no idea on how valid it is), is that this would not have been a big as scandal as it was if it had occurred at one of the smaller clubs.
double-facepalm.jpg

Yeah those Norf fans never did nuffin like fight for their club.

roos470_wideweb__470x274,2.jpg

Geez there are some sexy beasts in that photo.

You all know who you are.

Also Essendon are sh*t and can duly line up to cop the biggest kick in the balls that has ever existed.

You're calling the ground flat.

We see it round.

By necessity we have needed to do more.

Therefore we would tolerate less.

IMO it is part of what makes the episode funny.

I read only the first and last points. They both made me laugh.

What a complete waste of time *jade is. Still hopelessly mired in donialism. Beats me why he still bothers coming over here posting his b*******.

We are a very forgiving lot over here when it comes to other supporters posting on this board, but really I think *jade has more than run his race. Time for him to go.

What a complete waste of time *jade is. Still hopelessly mired in donialism. Beats me why he still bothers coming over here posting his b*******.

We are a very forgiving lot over here when it comes to other supporters posting on this board, but really I think *jade has more than run his race. Time for him to go.

And yet all I do is help foster the bonds of sympathy.

Surely, as a monumental waste of time, you are a fount of sympathy for me.

I like to think that my efforts to promote sympathy have helped, in my own small (and yet totally awesome) Jade way, to catapult this thread into the upper hundreds storming toward 1000 glorious pages.

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of North
And danced the skies on sympathy-silvered wings;
Thousand-ward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of Bomber-split clouds, — and typed a hundred *
You have not dreamed of — wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit sympathy. Hov'ring there,
I've chased the lying Hird along, and flung
My eager posts through footless pages everywhere. . . .

Up, up the long, delirious sympathetic crew
I've topped the laugh-swept heights with easy grace
Where never Dank, or ever Bombers flew —
And, while with silent, feverish post of word
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand, and punched the face of Hird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back