TAC Cup 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Williams has been there for every week of the TAC Cup finals. Mustn't be interested in the WAFL or SANFL, just the TAC Cup? :rolleyes:

Footyman, your "love child" at Calder, Luke Mitchell, turned the corner on Saturday.
Actually, I've thought he has played pretty well, without kicking goals.
I'm expecting a big game of Friday from him - maybe the difference between the two teams.

And Umpires..........please just let them play and get out of their road... It's about them not you.

Here here from me too. Unlike the weekend games!!

I heard (could be a rumour) that Josh was asked not to play by the GC, so decided to go on his school trip, and if thats the case good luck to him.

Footyman, your "love child" at Calder, Luke Mitchell, turned the corner on Saturday.
I'm expecting a big game of Friday from him - maybe the difference between the two teams.
This explains alot

Geez, I didn't realise my Luke Mitchell biases were that bad! I was close to jumping off the bandwagon a few weeks ago, but in the light of day his lack of dominance can only be a good thing - it might stop the GC from signing him! :cool:

curiousLplater said:
I heard (could be a rumour) that Josh was asked not to play by the GC, so decided to go on his school trip, and if thats the case good luck to him.
Wouldn't surprise me, Guy McKenna and the Gold Coast have shown the TAC Cup a total lack of respect all year so why stop now. I have nothing against Josh, he's going to be a superstar and I've seen few bottom age players play the game as well as this guy. But I do find his decision baffling, there is zero chance you'd budge me out of Melbourne in September let alone out of the country!

What do you mean by your last comment?

Dont like speculating. Imagine if the rays win and win well, he'll play a half and back up. Having said this, if its close, I predict he'll play four q's, thus minimalising the chance of him playing satday. Again, just speculating
Interesting speculation...
That would be mentally and physically taxing on the kid, I doubt he could do it let alone be allowed to do it. Tough decision if he has to make a choice though!

For christ sake he's not running a marathon..
They are kids who'd play 4 days in a row if you'd let them.

Play both easy call.

For christ sake he's not running a marathon..
They are kids who'd play 4 days in a row if you'd let them.

Play both easy call.
Head in the sand comment I reckon.

We're in an era where player workloads are an issue. Using a comparable example, 18 year olds aren't allowed to play AGS footy on a Friday arvo, then back up to play TAC Cup on a Sunday. So I can't see the powers to be allowing a 16 year old kid to play Friday arvo, then back up on Saturday morning.

If they do then fine, it's the end of the season, he could probably do it. But I would expect he'll have to make a choice. We'll find out when the teams are named I guess.

Just been having a look back at some of the preseason crystal balls, and the fact I did dreadfully, a few people have done a bit better. We were all still a fair way off the mark when it comes to predictions for the leading goalkicker etc.

End of H&A season ladder prediction –
1 Gippsland
2 Eastern
3 Calder
4 Dandenong
5 Geelong
That's as close as anybody got to getting the top four right, nice effort. A few others got close.

Bachar43 said:
Morrish Medal winner – Anton Woods
Bingo. Nice get :thumbsu:

forgetaboutit said:
2009 Premiers – Dandenong
We'll wait and see?????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that it did!

fantastic season of football, Congrats to the Cannon's. never for a million years thought they'd get anywhere near the flag (was certain Geelong had it in the bag, once again not to be) but their effort all throughout the finals was sensational:thumbsu:

looking forward to getting into 2010 already!

All the boys have done the hard work and next is the Draft Camp/State Screening process and then the draft awaits.

Good luck to all the boys and their families:thumbsu:

oh. and i guess it wouldn't be a post from me without saying

Go Gippy!:thumbsu::D

that it did!

fantastic season of football, Congrats to the Cannon's. never for a million years thought they'd get anywhere near the flag (was certain Geelong had it in the bag, once again not to be) but their effort all throughout the finals was sensational:thumbsu:

looking forward to getting into 2010 already!

All the boys have done the hard work and next is the Draft Camp/State Screening process and then the draft awaits.

Good luck to all the boys and their families:thumbsu:

oh. and i guess it wouldn't be a post from me without saying

Go Gippy!:thumbsu::D
Loved your work this year Bourky, always enthusiastic about the Gippsland Power!!! Hopefully 2010 is just as good and your Gippsland Power can get themselves that bit closer than they did this year.

Echo your comments too - thanks to all the guys for the footy they have put on display this year, and to the parents who also put the hard yards in driving kids to training and games (particularly those from country teams). It gives us spectators plenty of enjoyment throughout the course of the year seeing high quality footy week in, week out and they make plenty of sacrifices along the way. Good luck to all those who are off to draft camp during the week and also to those going to screening next Saturday.

Thoroughly enjoyed the TAC GF footyman. Ripping game.:thumbsu: I like those shoot outs more than the dour defensive stuff dished up in the AFL.

I watched the WAFL colts GF last week and the TAC Cup GF this week and I see quite a lot of talent their that AFL clubs could work with, so keep scratching my head at the shallow draft comments that keep perpetuating.

Anyway, thought Pitt was fantastic for the Stingrays. Is he another mid sized forward or a tall? Really stood out. The bulldogs will be salivating at Wallis and Liberatore! Temel was very good as were Thompson and Mitchell and 16? - the Cannons kid that contributed to the first 2 goals, strange/awkward mover but can get it and use it.

Highly entertaining and thoroughly enjoyed, well done and congrats to Calder.:thumbsu:

congrats to calder very surprisingly overcame a mid year drought witch i thought would maybe see them miss the finals, i don't think there was any doubt they could win with there best team on the park and looks that has happened with a few missing.
can anyone enlighten me on what happened to sam ezard?
also with the season finished anyone willing to have a crack and list the players from each team and there players the think could possibly end up on a afl list this year

congrats to calder very surprisingly overcame a mid year drought witch i thought would maybe see them miss the finals, i don't think there was any doubt they could win with there best team on the park and looks that has happened with a few missing.
can anyone enlighten me on what happened to sam ezard?
also with the season finished anyone willing to have a crack and list the players from each team and there players the think could possibly end up on a afl list this year

Ezard out with a pinched nerve in the back/ribs?

Just like to make mention of Adam Treloar. An u16 who has had a ripping second half of the year following the u16's carnival in west syd. To be matching it with and beating the u18's is quite an achievement. Not just a dominant player but a great kid too. Been lucky enough to meet. Good luck to him and the rays friday night. Hopefully they can bring home the bacon.

Just wondering how Treloar went ?
Did he play both games , friday night and the saturday game :confused:

New assistant coach at the Western Jets - Libba!

There will be a Liberatore flavour in the TAC Cup next year with his son Thomas playing at Calder, while Tony will be assistant at the Jets.

After a good start to his coaching career with Box Hill in the VFL, it has been an ordinary few years for Libba. Let's hope he brings some better luck to the Jets.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_i...ask=DETAIL&articleID=10142224&sectionID=56112

Other coaching news, the Murray Bushrangers signed Phil Bunn last week to another 12 month contract. And Matthew Lloyd and Michael O'Loughlin were today announced as part time coaches at the AIS academy.

New assistant coach at the Western Jets - Libba!

There will be a Liberatore flavour in the TAC Cup next year with his son Thomas playing at Calder, while Tony will be assistant at the Jets.

After a good start to his coaching career with Box Hill in the VFL, it has been an ordinary few years for Libba. Let's hope he brings some better luck to the Jets.

Wow that is a good get. That makes three ex-100 game Bulldogs players on the coaching panel now, and Mitch Hahn floating around at training once a week. The Jets seemingly have the coaching resources for success...or do people rate a coach in the TAC cup with no AFL experience a better option?

It has been a shady couple of years for Libba but hopefully it's behind him, he will bring undeniable nous to the young jets midfeild.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back