TAC Cup 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah am keen to see how they go through the games vs the TAC sides as am expecting them to be reasonably competitive. Top end talent is good.
They've looked the goods so far, Academies look like they're working. Beat Oakleigh (though the Chargers were missing all their APS/AGSV boys and had 2 go down with horrible head collisions) without their 2 best players in Hopper and Mills. Flynn looks good and I liked him initially but starting to show doubts on him as a #1 ruck, like I thought he could be. Kennedy and Himmelberg excellent.

Chargers still had all their Xavier lads I wouldn't be using that as an excuse with both sides being down 2 players. Their Xavier College players are the better ones too. Chargers had their chances though

NSW/ACT can lock in the Div II championship from what I've seen of them this year.

Mills, Kennedy, Flynn, Hooper & Himmelberg draftable

Saw the Calder game, Hisham Kerbatieh was very good

Chargers still had all their Xavier lads I wouldn't be using that as an excuse with both sides being down 2 players. Their Xavier College players are the better ones too. Chargers had their chances though

NSW/ACT can lock in the Div II championship from what I've seen of them this year.

Mills, Kennedy, Flynn, Hooper & Himmelberg draftable

Saw the Calder game, Hisham Kerbatieh was very good
How'd you see that game mate? Tardrew building a case for the draft?

How'd you see that game mate? Tardrew building a case for the draft?

First time I'd seen him for 2015, I vaguely remember seeing him last year- if he can work a tiny bit more of his disposal efficiency he definitely could build a case for November.

They've looked the goods so far, Academies look like they're working. Beat Oakleigh (though the Chargers were missing all their APS/AGSV boys and had 2 go down with horrible head collisions) without their 2 best players in Hopper and Mills. Flynn looks good and I liked him initially but starting to show doubts on him as a #1 ruck, like I thought he could be. Kennedy and Himmelberg excellent.

Latter two are pretty highly rated. Looking forward to seeing them through champs.

Sounded like an absolute belter at Rebels vs Dragons today :D 27-14 at full time
APS, AGS, Champs, wet weather, would've been a shocking game of TAC Cup football.

E: There'd also be some Ballarat leagues playing, with St Pats probably playing school footy right now.

Last edited:
FT: VC 21.18 144 d WA 5.9 39. Schache 8 goals, Holmes with 3 and Jy Simpkin continues a trend by kicking the final goal! #NABAFLU18s

Is there any point of TAC Cup during the Champs rounds?
Teams are very very weak without Champs players or APS/AGS school players

Interested to see if any of the Northern boys get picked up next year.
Gresham, Malone, Fiorini, Ercolano all rack up big numbers not sure on efficiency though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interested to see if any of the Northern boys get picked up next year.
Gresham, Malone, Fiorini, Ercolano all rack up big numbers not sure on efficiency though.
Gresham would be a lock to be drafted you'd think.

On another note, Calder is in 8th and Sandy is 9th, same points- Will be interesting to see who makes it out of the two of them.

Gresham would be a lock to be drafted you'd think.

On another note, Calder is in 8th and Sandy is 9th, same points- Will be interesting to see who makes it out of the two of them.

Will be interesting, Sandy have the easier run home but still some 50/50 games. Calder have to play North, Murray and Oakleigh in the run home. Speaking of Sandringham does anyone know what happened to Taylor Grace?

Will be interesting, Sandy have the easier run home but still some 50/50 games. Calder have to play North, Murray and Oakleigh in the run home. Speaking of Sandringham does anyone know what happened to Taylor Grace?

Taylor signed on with Sandringham VFL earlier in the year. But I don't think he's played a game this year.

Dunkley not playing TAC Cup on the weekend- instead playing again for Richmond VFL (Not as 23rd man)

Further convincing me he wants to stay in Melb.

When (not if) Ben Allan is selected at either the AFL National or Rookie draft in November 2015 it should say "Ben Allan from Coburg FC" instead of "Ben Allan from Calder Cannons"

He's playing good football at Coburg against men (AFL listed men) and looks a different player to the one I saw play for the Cannons at the start of the year.

His pace and line breaking abilities are major reasons why the Lions have won their last two games.

Nick O'Kearney from Calder Cannons/Keilor FC will be playing for Coburg in the next few weeks too. Nick will likely be a top 25 draft prospect at seasons end. Will be good to see how he goes against men too.

12 today from Hardwick and I think 5 or 6 points plus spent about the last 12 mins off the ground having a rest.

His marking on the lead was breathtaking at times.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Yes the Pioneers were hapless witches hats but Hardwick's aerial prowess and speed off the mark was still a standout.

at 1/4 time is was about 72 to 2 and those 2 were rushed behinds. :eek::eek::eek:

The 2 hr trek to Morwell today looked like a waste of time at about the 15 min mark of the 2nd Quarter. Nth Ballarat had just kicked their 10th to take an 8 goal lead on Gippy. Gippy forwards were horrendous u until that stage. NB werre without some of their best in Hopper, Tucker, Rioli, Berry and Eades. But Franks was all over Bucks Fiz and Wheelahan was running rampant.

All of a sudden Gippy kicked a couple late in the 2nd and seemed to wake up. From that 8 gl lead midway through the 2nd it was back to a 1 pt lead at 3/4 time.

In the last Gippy peppered the goal and ended up winning by a couple of goals. It was windy but across the ground so no team had any real advantage.

In the 2nd half the big Patullo stood up as did the clever Ainsworth. Dreadlock boy Robinson kicked 3 and young Renooy was in everything.

Impressive comeback and an entertaining game. Far more entertaining than the Eastern vs Bendigo game the day before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back