Taiwan Plane Crash

Remove this Banner Ad

A Transasia plane crashed today in Taiwan in to a river shortly after takeoff. The aircraft is believed to have suffered engine issues.

Sadly there has been loss of life. Black Boxes reportedly recovered.

Some crazy footage also circulating on the Internet of the crash.

B8-TTIKIYAININy.png:large

On face value pilots did a good job to get it into the river, otherwise there would have been zero survivors. I fly quite often in ATR's for work purposes and over the last couple of years there have been too many crashes for my liking.

OH MY GOD I WAS IN TAIWAN YESTERDAY!!!

THAT COULD'VE BEEN ME!!
Front page of tomorrow's West Australian will be something about how a person on that flight once met a person from Perth in a transit lounge on the way to somewhere else.

That was a taxi, the wing clipped it. People inside got away with minor injuries amazingly. Here is a good quality video

Everyone there just continues driving on the road wtf!? How about getting out and looking at the plane???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone there just continues driving on the road wtf!? How about getting out and looking at the plane???
had that exact same thought myself- though don't know the area so it's hard to see if they could've climbed down to help.
An Aussie would've at least stopped their car and leaned over the edge to see if they could've done anything. And got on the phone and called it in!

It's a dash cam. And that would be stupid, you would only endanger more lives by stopping your car on the middle of the freeway to look at a crash you could in no way help with.

Well, that was hard to watch :(

Apparently their last transmission was "mayday, engine flameout," not sure if that was one or both engines. Looks as though they stalled trying to clear the bridge :(

todays generation would've taken photos, selfies, hashtaged, boasted on facebook.

had that exact same thought myself- though don't know the area so it's hard to see if they could've climbed down to help.

that is a major road, speed limit at 100.people may have stopped further up the road after thoughts collected.

An Aussie would've at least stopped their car and leaned over the edge to see if they could've done anything. And got on the phone and called it in!

you are suggesting taiwanese people did not stop to help, simultaneously an aussie would have.

how about an aussie of taiwanese decent?

4th crash with that type of plane by the airline.

How are they still in business!!?? (Both plane and airline!)

I flew a Laos Airlines ATR-72 from Luang Prabang to Hanoi a few years ago. Wasn't a bad flight, and the only time I can remember not being on either an Airbus or a Boeing jet when flying between countries.

They're a joint French-Italian make, the ATRs.

Fortunate to have survivors from this incident. Could have been so much worse.

The footage is horrifyingly incredible though. I would have dacks to match my footy team colours had I been the driver.

todays generation would've taken photos, selfies, hashtaged, boasted on facebook.

that is a major road, speed limit at 100.people may have stopped further up the road after thoughts collected.

you are suggesting taiwanese people did not stop to help, simultaneously an aussie would have.

how about an aussie of taiwanese decent?
I'm sure you'd have stopped, PN!

Not all Aussies would've stopped, I'm sure- and I'm equally sure there'd be Taiwanese who would have.
Forgive my generalisation. :)

I flew a Laos Airlines ATR-72 from Luang Prabang to Hanoi a few years ago. Wasn't a bad flight, and the only time I can remember not being on either an Airbus or a Boeing jet when flying between countries.

They're a joint French-Italian make, the ATRs.

#sobrave

A Transasia plane crashed today in Taiwan in to a river shortly after takeoff. The aircraft is believed to have suffered engine issues.

Sadly there has been loss of life. Black Boxes reportedly recovered.

Some crazy footage also circulating on the Internet of the crash.

I saw this on the news. Are you pretending that you heard it first?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back