yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
Here we go.
I wanted a draft which didn't have Petracca as number 1.
Nothing against him, I just want to spark some debate.
He looks a ripper.
Anyway, thanks to the research done by Knightmare & Snoop Dog.
I'll try to give some reasons for my choices, particularly the early ones.

1. St Kilda - McCartin - Saints look to St Nick's successor & bite the bullet here.

2. Melbourne - Brayshaw - enough said by others about this.

3. Melbourne - Petracca - won't let him slide anymore.

4. GWS - Laverde - I reckon we will gamble that the Pies will be looking at him, so will jump the gun.

5. Collingwood - Wright - another shock with the Pies looking to emulate the Hawks drafting of Buddy & Roughy & thus setting up a forward line. With Wright, Moore & Grundy, they will have 3 classy talls in the ruck & forwardline.

6. GWS - Goddard - earmarked for KPD for a decade, but able to swing forward if required.

7. GWS - Pickett - add to the midfield mix.

8. GC - Durdin - have an amazing midfield & will look to shore up the developing backline. Again, he can swing forward, but the Suns have some big forwards of note already.

9. Collingwood - Moore (F/S)

10. Geelong - Duggan - with an ageing backline, Duggan will add spark & skill.

11. WC - Weller - mids, mids, mids will be on their mind. Have good forwards & backs, but a poor midfield. Weller will add class.

12. Richmond - Lamb - another surprise for some. Tigers add X factor.

13. Fremantle - Lever - won't let him slip any further & will eventually replace McPharlin.

14. Adelaide - Marchbank - looking for a key defender & will take the next best available

15. GC - Langford - what do you get for the team that has almost everything developing?

16. North Melbourne - Ahern - won't let him slide any further.

17. Essendon - Garlett - outside pace & skill

18. Sydney - Heeney - Academy

19. Carlton - Cavka - outside run

20. Essendon - R McKenzie

21. St Kilda - Ellis

22. St Kilda - De Goey

23. GWS - McDonald

24. GWS - Steele

25. North Melbourne - Lonie

26. Western Bulldogs - Keitel

27. Western Bulldogs - Wigg

28. Carlton - Blakely

29. GC - Smith

30. Collingwood - Vickers-Willis

31. Hawthorn - Riojo-Rainbow

32. WC - Cockatoo

33. Richmond - Miller

34. Fremantle - D McKenzie

35. Adelaide - Daniel

36. North Melbourne - Menadue

37. Sydney - Nielson

38. Sydney - Hiscox

39. Western Bulldogs - Ramsay

40. Melbourne - Capiron

-----------------------------------------------------

Breakdown
A - Marchbank, Daniel
C - Cavka, Blakely
Coll - Wright, Moore, Vickers-Willis
E - Garlett, R McKenzie
F - Lever, D McKenzie
G - Duggan
GC - Durdin, Langford, C Smith
GWS - Laverde, Goddard, Pickett, McDonald, Steele
H - Viojo-Rainbow
M - Brayshaw, Petracca, Capiron
NM - Ahern, Lonie, Menadue
R - Lamb, Miller
S - Heeney, Nielson, Hiscox
SK - MCartin, Ellis, De Goey
WB - Keitel, Wigg, Ramsay
WC - Weller, Cockatoo

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed it.
Come at me. haha!
This was fun to have a go at.
The more the merrier in my eyes.

Like the idea of a draft with a little left field selection, but going Petracca really just resulted in a top 3 shuffle. I like the spanner in the works Knightmare did in the bf Phantom with McKenzie going really early. Had significant ramifications.

Actually don't mind lamb
With or without mint sauce?

I'll see myself out as I have nothing to add other than Duggan would be OK for Geelong by me but I think we'd take Lever in this scenario.

The Baggers would not let Ellis or De Goey slide for Cavak and Blakely at Pick 28 before Cockatoo or Menadue.
Blakely I could accept, but Cavak not sure give me more info if you can.
Great read Ciao

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like the idea of a draft with a little left field selection, but going Petracca really just resulted in a top 3 shuffle. I like the spanner in the works Knightmare did in the bf Phantom with McKenzie going really early. Had significant ramifications.

I actually reckon I did change a bit more than that. Wright to the Pies & Lamb to the Tigers for example.

The Baggers would not let Ellis or De Goey slide for Cavak and Blakely at Pick 28 before Cockatoo or Menadue.
Blakely I could accept, but Cavak not sure give me more info if you can.
Great read Ciao

I like his highlights & the writeups from the more learned posters. I reckon the Blues will look to add midfield run & with him & Yarran on opposite wings they could rival Hill & Smith at the Hawks for pace & run.

If Cockatoo makes it to 32 Christmas has well & truly come early for the WCE recruiting dept.
As a West Coast I want to kiss you.. Weller and Cockatoo and bye bye Masten and Sheppard

Yeah, I reckon you guys would like that, but no thanks to the kiss. I'm not a West Coast fan by any stretch of the imagination, & the cards simply fell that way when I threw them in the air.
Yeah, that's how I did my whole draft. Joking, but some will believe that :)

damn I hope cockatoo lasts till 31

His highlights reel is indeed impressive & I'm probably way off, but I reckon Viojo-Rainbow has "sorry if this seems irksome" Hawthorn written all over him.

So in other words you know nothing about the under 18s, you're just gonna throw names in random spots and let people talk about it?

Sorry I didn't realise every phantom draft post had to be a recruiting manager. Gee let the guy have his say without being ridiculed, isn't "throwing names in random spots" all that phantom drafts are anyway, whoever posts it :rolleyes:

Back onto the topic you've only done up to 40, who would you have going at port's pick if you continued on the draft order or would it be too hard to predict?

NO way in hell we will take Daniel ahead of Menadue......pffftttt try again.

Thanks for the read. Like other WCE fans have said if we get Cockatoo 32 I'd be happy to pass on any other draft pick we have apart from Waterman and Sinclair obviously. Weller and Cockatoo is the draft that dreams are made of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back