Talia Brothers Cleared - Kyle Cheney officially declared to be a moron

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think the reason Cheney didn't say it was joke earlier, or when talking to beveridge was because the AFL lawyers hadn't yet offered the idea to him as a way of making it all go away.
Exactly right

That was our path out.

It was Talia's cat being sick.

2. This all should have been managed in-house - by both the clubs & afl. Will be interesting to see if the aflpa actually have anything to say on the guilty to proven innocent treatment. They should have done better to protect the Talias, particularly Michael.
AFLPA are too busy protecting drug cheats to worry about this

I still think the reason Cheney didn't say it was joke earlier, or when talking to beveridge was because the AFL lawyers hadn't yet offered the idea to him as a way of making it all go away.
Nah, the AFL would have loved to ping us with this but they knew they had nothing.

If they had any minerals, they would release a basic statement saying our investigation failed to identify any evidence, bla bla bla.

If Caro's article is to believed they are trying to let the Bulldogs squirm their way out of it.

Rooch writes for a tabloid. No interest in reporting news, but inciting this kind of debate.

I wonder if Rooch ever looks back at his career, which has mostly been with News Ltd, and regrets his choice to be a tabloid muckraker. He is not stupid and is quite good at reading the game. He also has some good opinions at times. But it is not his job to write decent pieces that are factual. It is his job to sell "copy".

Caro is a journalist. Rooch is a newspaper salesman.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk
Same goes for all TV and print 'news' I guess - a newspaper is there to be sold, and TV news is there to get ratings, not to actually report events. The Advertiser is basically a magazine - every second day the main picture is a couple of folks leaning on each other with a put-on disappointed face, because they were ripped off in some form or another.

Talia should sue

Sue who?

My sense is he too busy running away, laughing and high fiving everyone he meets to want to re-open that can of worms

Does he really want some not very nice lawyers asking about his lost mobile phone or have a judge ordered discovery on the phone operators to retrieve the text messages?

opening this up can only go one way. And it's not good imo

I could understand annoyance from Dogs fans, but what seems like intense anger (based on the main board, and Luke Darcy's regular eruptions) over this just comes off as ridiculously over the top. And no, if there was a role reversal, I definitely could not imagine myself reaching this level of constant rage over an issue like this.

What if Luke Darcy posts on here?

Would you be surprised?

Sue who?

My sense is he too busy running away, laughing and high fiving everyone he meets to want to re-open that can of worms

Does he really want some not very nice lawyers asking about his lost mobile phone or have a judge ordered discovery on the phone operators to retrieve the text messages?

Caro and others infer he is very very angry. No reason to be upset if he got away with anything.

AFLPA are too busy protecting drug cheats to worry about this
Unfortunately probably partly true, but they are meant to be representing all their members. Can't say I have been too impressed with them over the past few years. They should have torn strips off essendon for lack of duty of care.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sue who?

Sue the AFL for allowing the process that saw his name being dragged through the mud for weeks, especially over trade period. And if it's as you say the afl had a hand in a dodgy excuse they will settle pretty quick :)

I cannot see why D Talia was even involved in this 'investigation', what is he supposed to have done wrong FFS?

Surely the only issue was between the Bulldogs and M Talia, they sorted it out anyway by trading him.

Were I an independent judge my findings from the investigation would be:

D Talia, not even suspected of any wrongdoing

M Talia, no case to answer

Beveridge, paranoid drama queen

Stratton, prick

Cheney, clueless idiot

AFL, pricks, drama queens and clueless idiots.

And even if Daniel did receive texts, it's still just a Bulldogs issue if Daniel didn't ask for the texts and didn't pass the info along (and they've said they can't find any evidence of the Crows coaches having inside info).

Michael is PO'd, texts Daniel some info. Daniel says WTF, why are you sending me this? Deletes the texts from his phone, cause it's the last thing you want sitting around on there. Tells the guys the next day what Michael did and then Cheney jokes about it and it all goes from there.

Sue who?

Exactly.

Our approach will be the same as after the Tippett situation. Say nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

The truth can only make things worse.

And even if Daniel did receive texts, it's still just a Bulldogs issue if Daniel didn't ask for the texts and didn't pass the info along (and they've said they can't find any evidence of the Crows coaches having inside info).

Michael is PO'd, texts Daniel some info. Daniel says WTF, why are you sending me this? Deletes the texts from his phone, cause it's the last thing you want sitting around on there. Tells the guys the next day what Michael did and then Cheney jokes about it and it all goes from there.
Yep, it's the only reason any of us Crows fans are pissed off, Daniel Talia has nothing to do with this. However, the shoddy AFL investigation has clouded the waters enough to make people question his integrity. It's s**t.

Peter Gordon has done an amazing job to blemish a 40 year unblemished career.

Third rate club, shown time and time again over the last century

Even then, those text messages might still be retreiveable under the new metadata laws :p
I heard no ISP's are doing it, because the government haven't stumped up the cash to pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back