Talking Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont think there has been one. Roylion had something to say about it that i agreed with (too lazy to scroll back)

I said the following:

"I have 14 players from my 2015 list, who have automatically been classed as GST, most of which I didn't even apply for. Apparently Rhys Palmer is a goal-kicker, despite kicking less goals in his career than games played. I've traded out one player classed as a stopper, however the other GST classified players I would prefer to keep.

So now I have to forcibly delist three to get down to 11? What if they're contracted? I can't play them but I'm still paying for their salaries?

Wouldn't it be just better if you had to name a minimum of six GST players per week, (a third of your team of 18) which would obviously mean that the minimum GST players you need on your squad would be six? That means there would be a minimum 108 players (6 players x 18 teams) required.

For example a GST player should be named at FB, CHB, CHF, FF, RCK and one other position. There should be two GKs, two STs and one TAP named at the very least per week, with the minimum sixth coming from any of the classifications. You could of course name more. You could even get rid of the requirement on positions, if it was too difficult to monitor. When naming a side just put an 'G', an 'S' or a 'T' next to the relevant player's name to enable a quick count.

Naturally you might try to have more that six GST players on your squad, to avoid scoring 0 in that position, in case there were injuries to that player. For example Ivan Maric might be injured, so I might have one or two extra tappers to cover his loss. However I don't need to to this as long as I have the minimum six."

Anybody want Tim Mohr? Happy to do a package.

Also does anyone know if I can sign a rookie or do I need to use a pick for that to upgrade him?

Anybody want Tim Mohr? Happy to do a package.

Also does anyone know if I can sign a rookie or do I need to use a pick for that to upgrade him?
You can upgrade them automatically, and I believe you can count it as one of your compulsory three draft picks if you wish.

Rookie Promotions

Up until a bid is made on them, you can promote your rookies on any of the following contracts:
- 1 year, $104k
- 2 years, $125k
- 3 years, $312k
- 4 years, $468k
- 5 years, $676k
These are unbeatable but once an opponent makes a bid, or you make one in an attempt to keep them on a cheaper salary than offered here, this offer is withdrawn and the bidding system is your only way of keeping them.

Other than ineligible rookies, you can choose not to promote and instead make a bid to keep a rookie on your rookie list for another year. This will cost you $58k, but is beatable by any other bid.

So as soon as I bid then he's mine?

Also are the prices on the off season trade thread for bids including the discount? I should know by now but I always forget

Also are the prices on the off season trade thread for bids including the discount? I should know by now but I always forget
Don't include the discount, and as soon as you upgrade a rookie, he's yours

It's only a bid to retain them on rookie list and it can be beaten by any bid by an opposing team.

It's not a bid for an upgrade to senior list, it's an automatic promotion on the contracts in the post before. You can only do it if no other team has already bid on them.

And no discount on those promotion contracts.

Forgot about time differences.
So only 40min?
Yup. That's the time the bids are recorded at (Sydney/Melbourne time) so assume that 6pm refers to that time zone too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm ok with that if there's a viable alternative, if it's a case of this is all they have, then a %. Especially if all teams now have abided by GST requirements

Except GST doesn't account for key position players. I still don't think it's ok for Eddie Betts to be full-forward even though he's a goalkicker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back