Tapatalk - To be removed between now and the end of Trade Period 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

We're temporarily switching Tt on only for mods and Platinum users. (Edit: Now Gold members as well.)

This is just to moderate the load and see if a lower volume of users still kills the database.

It may drop out at any time without notice as we work on the problem with the Tapatalk engineers.

We'll update this post with any news.

I won't be answering any individual questions about when Tt will return or why some users who are not explicitly allowed to use Tt on BigFooty can still get access.

Crazy stuff will happen. Bear with us.

In the mean time you can use our mobile site at http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/ - We're also working on a new, friendlier mobile theme.

UPDATE - October 12, 2015: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...ade-period-2015.1062837/page-12#post-41466698

Last edited:
Got on went to login bigfooty it said I am not allowed to use tapatalk on this forum

Got on went to login bigfooty it said I am not allowed to use tapatalk on this forum
Clear cache and try again. But, as is stated above, unless you are a mod, or are willing to divvy up $20, then the login function is no longer available on tapatalk.

Clear cache and try again. But, as is stated above, unless you are a mod, or are willing to divvy up $20, then the login function is no longer available on tapatalk.
Yup tried that no luck. Bit disappointing as using bigfooty on safari on the iPhone is twice as long writing messages and lags alot..

Came on here to see what was going on as I couldn't log in. Much disappoint about the premium thing, but good to hear it is being worked on.

I guess I'll be on a Bigfooty diet in the meantime as it sucks using the mobile site on a phone.

Assuming that 4% of BF users use TT is a legitimate average....surely 4% can't bring down the solid infrastructure you blokes have set up?
The infrastructure is solid, but it's not a simple case of the app using far more CPU per user than the web site*. It is a case of certain queries it runs can lock entire tables on the database. The site doesn't need to be busy for this to happen. It really is a case of the bigger you are, the harder you fall. Unfortunately it's not that uncommon for bugs in add-ons to cause big systems like ours major issues which would not be noticed at all in most run-of-the-mill systems.

* As it is Tapatalk has always consumed about 5 to 10 times more cpu per user than people using the web version

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The infrastructure is solid, but it's not a simple case of the app using far more CPU per user than the web site*. It is a case of certain queries it runs can lock entire tables on the database. The site doesn't need to be busy for this to happen. It really is a case of the bigger you are, the harder you fall. Unfortunately it's not that uncommon for bugs in add-ons to cause big systems like ours major issues which would not be noticed at all in most run-of-the-mill systems.

* As it is Tapatalk has always consumed about 5 to 10 times more cpu per user than people using the web version

So I assume the ball is in Tapatalk's court and it's really up to them when they want to fix their queries?
Do you have a ticket with them that we can feedback to them as well as tapatalk users?

So I assume the ball is in Tapatalk's court and it's really up to them when they want to fix their queries?
Do you have a ticket with them that we can feedback to them as well as tapatalk users?
Yes - we are in dialogue with them and they are receptive.

Mine appears to be working again...
Tapatalk works properly if you are a mod, or if you've paid / wish to pay $20/year. Other than that, you can't post or like from tapatalk (ie you can't log in).

If you do not wish to spend so much money you can view the forum and, somewhat strangely, if your tapatalk ID is linked to your BigFooty account, receive notifications.

Tapatalk is brilliant for keeping up to date with threads that I don't normally go on

Yeah I can always check the Carlton, HTB, Main and DT Boards, but a lot of threads that I am very active in (Individual Gaming Threads, GoT, Gym etc) are hard to find on the site. Without my subscribed list on Tapatalk I am losing about half of the best parts of BigFooty, please fix

Tapatalk is brilliant for keeping up to date with threads that I don't normally go on

Yeah I can always check the Carlton, HTB, Main and DT Boards, but a lot of threads that I am very active in (Individual Gaming Threads, GoT, Gym etc) are hard to find on the site. Without my subscribed list on Tapatalk I am losing about half of the best parts of BigFooty, please fix
You have that subscribed list in BigFooty don't you?

Bring back Tapatalk!

The website sucks on my phone

I thought you were a mod ET?

Also, I agree. It's like being treated to Alien Blue for reddit on my iPhone, and then being told that I can't use it anymore :/ Would basically curtail my reddit usage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back