Tarmac rally

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Seems like a relatively cheap and easy form of motorsport. You can pretty much run anything as it conforms to safety standards.

They also have a touring category at many events... you can drive a street car through the course at any speeds, as long as you have a helmet.

Has anybody ever tried it and how did you find it?

Simple Jack

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Webber, Ricciardo, NE Patriots
Seems like a relatively cheap and easy form of motorsport. You can pretty much run anything as it conforms to safety standards.

They also have a touring category at many events... you can drive a street car through the course at any speeds, as long as you have a helmet.

Haven't but keen to just drive my car around at like 50% speed. Got a link?

DrKrieger

Club Legend
Jul 3, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Patriots, Miller, Williams

Have looked into similar low end motorsport entries, many also need a fire extinguisher mounted within arms reach of the seated driver, and a CAMS L2S (level 2 - speed) licence.

No roll cage etc required.

If interested, best people to speak to would be a local CAMS affiliated club who run the events you're interested in, even just go down for the weekend and have a look at how it runs.

Many also run "come and try" days, where you get a one day cams licence for not-much-money (may still need an extinguisher and/or a helmet depending on the club)

http://www.cams.com.au/get-involved/competitors/getting-started

From mates who are involved, if you're going to run your daily regularly, get another set of rims and tyres for use in races so you don't eat up your road tyres.

Simple Jack

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Webber, Ricciardo, NE Patriots
I'm sure I saw something in my insurance policy that says it doesn't cover motorsport. I bet it'd be counting this :(.

Back