Tarnished 'Toine Foundation League

Remove this Banner Ad

This week's matchup with lol-imgonnawin may well seal The Chokers' fate.
I'm hoping to hold my own and stay in 7-8 position. Let's go!
2 weeks til the finals guys. I feel that a bye in the first round will be crucial, so push for 1-2 or 7-8 position.
I also want to avoid a first round face off with Black Hops, if Rose and Love return:eek:

It seems that Elite Pete/Westcoast Warriors has deserted the league. No activity here or Yahoo for a month.
I'll let it play out until/if we hear from him, but it's looking more likely that the teams cut at seasons' end will be through inactivity rather than standings.
What a pity.

This week's matchup with lol-imgonnawin may well seal The Chokers' fate.
I'm hoping to hold my own and stay in 7-8 position. Let's go!
2 weeks til the finals guys. I feel that a bye in the first round will be crucial, so push for 1-2 or 7-8 position.
I also want to avoid a first round face off with Black Hops, if Rose and Love return:eek:
My team is a joke. Horrible luck in a few of my fantasy teams throughout the season and lately. :(

Well, made a good late run but missed the first round bye and am now playing for my spot in the league.
Good luck in the finals everyone.

Why are people still picking up and dropping players? That's supposed to stop when finals commence.

What? Says who??

20 years of playing fantasy sports and I've never played in a league where picking players up during finals was done.

Completely unfair if an opponent can't sit on the waiver wire switching players in and out like the opposition is doing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never stated, and I don't really have an issue with it to be honest. I hate streaming as much as anyone, but that's why we have a max 4 acquisitions per week. That allows for strategic player movement without wholesale streaming.
Happy to address this during the off-season.
Looks like there will be 2 Managers kicked from the league for inactivity but that means there may well be 1 active Manager relegated. So keep fighting!

It's not strategic. It's rewarding anyone who can sit around on the computer all day and pick up and drop players to beat deadlines.

That's the reason for the rule. So it is equal.

The person who sits online while following the games has way to big an advantage over the person who can't check their team until night time each day.

As it is, it's highly biased.

You generally have a 24 hr period to add players for each day though. If you can't get on to add or drop players in a 24 hr period then you're not dedicated to your team in the playoffs as far as i see it. I do see your point but i don't really agree it should be a rule. I've never heard of it and it's certainly not a blanket rule. Take this article on yahoo for example telling you which players he thinks you should add and drop during the playoffs. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-barometer--playoff-time-220639440.html

If you add a player before a certain time of the day they can be available the next day. I've done it during the standard season. Do it after a certain time and they won't be eligible to play til the day after.

That is a big advantage to the person live online during they day.

But you can add for each day in a 24 hr span. So if you added now they would be available for the 27th, if you add a player tomorrow at 2pm when games are on they'll still be added for the 27th. I don't see what the difference is. I mean sure if you're watching the days play you might see someone getting more mins or someone get injured but that's just an advantage of watching.

I don't see how it's an issue at all. Gus, you're making out like everyone is abusing the system, which certainly isn't true.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back