Taylor Adams knee to Westhoff's head

ZingerB

Club Legend
Sep 7, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What a joke. Their reasoning is indefensible. If you throw 3 punches they all get individually graded even if they all miss. They have literally ignored every single act bar the last one i.e three knees and 2 punches to the head and not even fined him for them.

2 weeks down to 1 with 10 yr good record

1 week down to a reprimand.

I actually almost have sympathy for Gibbs/Hodge/Lewis now. They were all worth 2-3 weeks a few years ago, but apparently intentionally smashing guys is okay for the MRP now. Pretty much every grading this week is pissweak. If they decide to throw the book at anyone in the next year or so I would just take them to court and call them out on their crooked bullshit.

The hate for Collingwood blinds so many of you!

Just cop it on the chin like Westhoff did guys and let it be......amazing how a week for Port supporters makes them forget the leniency of the MRP for Schulz and brings a smile to my face hearing Hawks fans cry foul of a kneeing incident.

ZingerB

Club Legend
Sep 7, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Also interesting that the report seems to count all three knees to the head as the one incident. Would have thought each should have been assessed with only the third one resulting in a suspension. Also, surprised it got classed as low impact from the reaction of Westie at the time. The guy looked in a lot of pain!

Can you call Hodge / Lewis and get them to just * someone up this week and if they get more than a week sue the AFL.

DaVillaBlues

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Aug 3, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
New England Patriots, Man City
Two weeks is a disgrace, especially when you consider that Gibbs and Vickery copped 2 weeks for far less serious offences.

The Collingwood MRP discount at work once again.

mic59

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2002
Alberton, the chosen land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Blyth Spartans, Dallas Cowboys
This comment from some pea-brained (or pie-brained) reader of the HeraldSun story :

Disgraceful decision yet again.....T.Adams gets his guernsey pulled over his head & receives numerous jumper punches.......wtf else is he meant to do

Note to the peanut who wrote this - Westhoff was pulling his jumper in an attempt to stop him kneeing him in the face, even if Adams was stupid enough to think Westhoff was being the aggressor, and I could believe that, not Westhoff being the aggressor but Adams being stupid, then kneeing was not the way to stop him. Hopefully he pleads not guilty and goes for three games.

Corrupt_

All Australian
Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Disgraceful act from the biggest flog in footy. Goes around punching campaigners at nightclubs, assaults players in games and now this shocking effort. MRP proving once again if you play for Collingwood you need not to worry, as ole eddy will sort it all out. Should be gone for the year, utter germ that would be in jail if not playing afl.

Two weeks is a disgrace, especially when you consider that Gibbs and Vickery copped 2 weeks for far less serious offences.

The Collingwood MRP discount at work once again.
Vickery copped 2 for his record, would have been 1 otherwise

Adams decision was worth 2 but that's not including his bad record

Last edited:

Amity

Senior List
Suspended
May 2, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Who are you guys going to support in the finals???

Just wondering, can't say PA not like they are going to make it hahaha

Everyone except for your supporters are saying that he got off lucky, and it should have been more.
And of course there is no bias in the opinion of the rest? Hysterical claims like 7-8 weeks or more. Typical school holiday reaction.
He deserved 2 - 3 weeks for that. Too bad for the haters. Better luck for them next time.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
This comment from some pea-brained (or pie-brained) reader of the HeraldSun story :

Disgraceful decision yet again.....T.Adams gets his guernsey pulled over his head & receives numerous jumper punches.......wtf else is he meant to do

Note to the peanut who wrote this - Westhoff was pulling his jumper in an attempt to stop him kneeing him in the face, even if Adams was stupid enough to think Westhoff was being the aggressor, and I could believe that, not Westhoff being the aggressor but Adams being stupid, then kneeing was not the way to stop him. Hopefully he pleads not guilty and goes for three games.

Why dont reply on the Herald Sun to a Herald Sun comment? Who cares what some random said?

swiftdog

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2005
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
It was basically one week for a regular player (i.e. one without a bad record). One week doesn't seem right.

Nope, incident was deemed worthy of a two match suspension. Weightings for a good record or bad record come after the assessment of intentional/careless, contact and impact. In Adams case, the incident was deemed intentional, high contact (both indisputable) and low impact = 2 weeks, up to 3 weeks for Adams due to a bad record but back down to 2 weeks with an early plea, which he will surely take.

Low impact sounds about right, Franklin's bump was deemed 'medium impact' and he had momentum on his side last week (not that precedent has anything to do with the MRP...). Presumably the medical report showed no damage was done to Westhoff also.

It looks as if the MRP only looked at the final knee though, I guess the others weren't deemed worthy of a suspension (not enough impact to warrant a suspension?) but considering the multiple knees I thought they were going to throw it straight to the tribunal.

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
The hate for Collingwood blinds so many of you!

Just cop it on the chin like Westhoff did guys and let it be......amazing how a week for Port supporters makes them forget the leniency of the MRP for Schulz and brings a smile to my face hearing Hawks fans cry foul of a kneeing incident.
Yeah, let's compare a single motion tackle to kneeing a defenseless bloke in the face several times.

I don't have any Collingwood hate. I dislike them less than most teams in the comp, and I think their supporter base is reasonable most of the time. But seriously, this incident deserved a minimum of three.

Tbh it's equally as bad that Selwood has had an eye gouge and a chicken wing result in a grand total of one week off this season.

Yeah, let's compare a single motion tackle to kneeing a defenseless bloke in the face several times.

I don't have any Collingwood hate. I dislike them less than most teams in the comp, and I think their supporter base is reasonable most of the time. But seriously, this incident deserved a minimum of three.

Tbh it's equally as bad that Selwood has had an eye gouge and a chicken wing result in a grand total of one week off this season.
Well then you'll be happy to know that he was given a three match suspension and with an early plea downgraded to 2 - here, read this if you like, explains everything!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-13/match-review-panel-full-statement-round-15

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Well then you'll be happy to know that he was given a three match suspension and with an early plea downgraded to 2 - here, read this if you like, explains everything!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-13/match-review-panel-full-statement-round-15
But do you see how the actual result was 2 matches, not 3? Not hard to comprehend. The early plea thing is one of the many bizarre things in the MRP. 'Don't attempt to defend yourself or you risk more time on the sidelines'. Ridiculous.

But do you see how the actual result was 2 matches, not 3? Not hard to comprehend. The early plea thing is one of the many bizarre things in the MRP. 'Don't attempt to defend yourself or you risk more time on the sidelines'. Ridiculous.
You say tomato I say tomato - Clubs have challenged and had the suspensions thrown out before but history says the odds are forever against you. I don't condone what he did but I'm happy to have guys wearing their heart on their sleeves and being physical, something we have lacked for sometime. Yeah he overstepped the mark, copped 2 weeks and we all move on, but it irks me that when Hawks do something similar they're playing unsociable football that wins them premiership and when we tread a fine line the guy is a grub that should miss the season. 3 weeks like you say is reasonable, other here asking for 7-8 weeks are delusional.

Happens at all clubs, I'm really surprised that you guys have all but forgotten the Motlop name!!

Back