Taylor Adams vs Josh Caddy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adams, who doesn't possess as much versatility or x-factor qualities in my opinion.

Many others said the same sort of things about guys like Mitchell, Kennedy, Watson, Swan. The same could also be said about Selwood. Adams will never possess heaps of x-factor, but you don't need it to become a top 10 player in the comp. I'm not saying that he'll get anywhere near that level, but many are mistaken about what constitutes potential and what it takes to be a gun.

very true but I am only comparing his overall game from what we've all seen so far to that of Caddy's. I didn't say he has zero versatility nor x-factor qualities but I don't see it in his game as much as Caddy's game. Caddy is a pretty good in the air, while his goal awareness just seems to be in-grain, almost as if he's played as forward during his under 18's or something. Plonk him in the centre square and he is now starting to win clearances and tucks the ball under his arm and bursts away with it. Interesting to see how both these boys go this year, huge ramifications to their respective sides flag aspirations if they breakout as it allows the veterans to carry less of the load.

Caddy's development is exciting. Starting off as a forward in the Ablett/Dangerfield mould. I think he'll follow their career trajectory a bit with a break out year not far around the corner. Hard to know how far he'll go. I think at worst he'll become a real bull going for the contested ball, already a massive bloke.

Still shattered we couldn't get him over to North, he'd be the third generation in his family to pull on the royal blue and white. Still time ;)

very true but I am only comparing his overall game from what we've all seen so far to that of Caddy's. I didn't say he has zero versatility nor x-factor qualities but I don't see it in his game as much as Caddy's game. Caddy is a pretty good in the air, while his goal awareness just seems to be in-grain, almost as if he's played as forward during his under 18's or something. Plonk him in the centre square and he is now starting to win clearances and tucks the ball under his arm and bursts away with it. Interesting to see how both these boys go this year, huge ramifications to their respective sides flag aspirations if they breakout as it allows the veterans to carry less of the load.

Yeah, Be a Interesting and Exciting Season watching these 2 Boys

This is all well and good but Dion Prestia is miles better than both and was taken later than Caddy.

#cuetheuproar

He's not miles better, but I would take him first if all 3 were offered, it will end up being very close between the 3.

Miles is pretty subjective so it is not an appropriate term to assess really. Apologies for using it but I think most avid football watchers (who actually watch GC...rare) will tell you Prestia is considerably ahead of both. Averaged 25 disposals last year and second in the BnF. We are a considerably stronger unit with him in the side. You only have to look at how Saturday panned out to get a good idea of this. Had 17 touches to half time before we rested him (along with a couple others) at half time and lost our 41 point lead.

This is all well and good but Dion Prestia is miles better than both and was taken later than Caddy.

#cuetheuproar

He's the one I'd be comparing Adams to.

Similar size, similar draft range and somewhat similar styles.

With a season on him Prestia is no doubt in front, but tracking their respective careers appeals far more to me than Caddy v Adams.

He's the one I'd be comparing Adams to.

Similar size, similar draft range and somewhat similar styles.

With a season on him Prestia is no doubt in front, but tracking their respective careers appeals far more to me than Caddy v Adams.

Yeah I think your right. I haven't watched every Adams game but Prestia seems to be more explosive and better disposal too.

Possibly bias shining through.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Yeah I think your right. I haven't watched every Adams game but Prestia seems to be more explosive and better disposal too.

Possibly bias shining through.

Nope I'd agree.

I don't believe Adams disposal by foot is as poor as it's been made out to be in here, but I wouldn't have it on par with Prestia.

While Adams is explosive for his size Pretia has him covered there as well. BT deservedly cops a lot for his "human meatball" rubbish, but it's true, for his dimensions Prestia is built.

At the age of 16-17 he regularly went to my gym (along with Talia and Carlisle). I'm a similar height and have 6 years on him yet he could match me at the that age and wipe the floor with the other boys and he's only gotten bigger since! How he maintains a tank with that much power has me beat...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope I'd agree.

I don't believe Adams disposal by foot is as poor as it's been made out to be in here, but I wouldn't have it on par with Prestia.

While Adams is explosive for his size Pretia has him covered there as well. BT deservedly cops a lot for his "human meatball" rubbish, but it's true, for his dimensions Prestia is built.

At the age of 16-17 he regularly went to my gym (along with Talia and Carlisle). I'm a similar height and have 6 years on him yet he could match me at the that age and wipe the floor with the other boys and he's only gotten bigger since! How he maintains a tank with that much power has me beat...

Comes top 3 in our 2km. Pretty freaky.

Such an important player to us. If I had to let go of him or Bennell I'd keep Dion.

Nope I'd agree.

Agree Mate. Adams Disposal by Foot is not as bad as some posters make it out to be but It's still need some improvement on it.

Prestia has come a Very Good Player and Him and Adams play Similar roles and could be top few players in the comp in that Postion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back