Official Club Stuff Taylor Hunt - Round 1 Debut

Is Taylor Hunt a good fit for RFC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Really? I guess this is the reasn why these gys get delisted.
I had a chat to a few Geelong mates today at cricket and the overwhelming concensus was that Hunt was ordinary and they are not your usual spaz Geelong fans either.
happy to back him in. Reckon he will go OK, but I hope people don't expect miracles.

i think we all need to be realistic, he was delisted and we got him cheap, he very well may be delisted by us at the end of next year! i don't think he is a sure thing.

i think we all need to be realistic, he was delisted and we got him cheap, he very well may be delisted by us at the end of next year! i don't think he is a sure thing.
can't argue with that bro.

He will be alright. Won't ever dominate but will be another role player. Not sure we need more but happy to have him. To rise up the ladder we need genuine A graders, not role players
I disagree sante our top 5 are as good as any sides . Our next teir is the where we drop off remarkably quickly . We have kids that need to move into this bracket , but we also need to find a couple . Hunt with things going right could be in this bracket as Miles proved to be last year .

No doubt players doing this role have to defend first. But he does get turned around quite a lot by those speedy jumping smalls, and he needs to get better at stopping this. I want him to get better as that means we as a team get better. I hope he can.

Totally agree flea . I'm hoping it was a part of transitioning his game (at times players go backward then go forward when the new aspects added become more reflex). I must view the replays again but I think one area of improvement for our defenders (and those players in the defensive 50 transitioning to attack) is the "sheperd". Don't think I saw much of it coming out of defence. This may allow someone like Steve to play tighter & decrease the risk of him being run down by his player. just thinking out loud...

People do understand he has/had a shoulder injury, i had shoulder problems when i played football and it was hard.
Yes but the club said it didn't affect his game
Even DrMike brought in some medical diagrams explaining this
To me I know it would have been a hindrance of some form and agree with you, but the club medicos continued to give him the go ahead

Looking at Cats board, concencus is surprise that he was let go ahead of a few that were retained. I gotta admit I haven't seen any of his play, however , we do have a genuine need for a defensive mid when you consider matchups against a side like PA. If everyone is avail he competes with Morris for a spot. Rarely is 100% available so he will get a chance to show his wares, rest is up to him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To me I know it would have been a hindrance of some form and agree with you, but the club medicos continued to give him the go ahead
I talked about my own problems to say it's possible to play, but it still impacts you in certain ways

the club, i seem to remember hardwick saying that he was playing under duress which is the same as saying his game was suffering?

Even DrMike will agree with this won't you DrMike? :)

I talked about my own problems to say it's possible to play, but it still impacts you in certain ways

Agree with you and this is why he was passed fit to play

Your posts don't seem to follow a linear view, what are you trying to say? what am i missing?

the club, i seem to remember hardwick saying that he was playing under duress which is the same as saying his game was suffering?

Even DrMike will agree with this won't you DrMike?
There were contradicting statements all year from the club
If the medical experts pass you fit to play then you should be capable or expected to perform your duties
If he was playing under duress then our medical staff are incompetent and leaving themselves and the club wide open for future litigation
I still agree that he should have been put away early and got fixed up as I I thought he was a liability all season

Your posts don't seem to follow a linear view, what are you trying to say? what am i missing?
When this was raised at one point DrMike defended the clubs decision with a similar experience he had using diagrams to illustrate his case
It was as he said saying that it didn't disturb his everyday functions unless he had to toss a ball
Their is very little linear relationships on bf as people on here much prefer sinusoidal functions

With a shoulder injury like the one I have I can still play sport but if I impact my shoulder enough or hit it in a certain way it basically becomes a dead weight while it gets feeling back. Once I get feeling back I can keep going. By the end of the day the strength in my shoulder is diminished and if I go hard enough I'll spend the following day mending a sore shoulder. From what I've seen, Morris reacts pretty similar to how I do so I wouldn't be surprised if his shoulder injury is the same.

With Morris the impacts would probably be less strength in tackles towards the end of games, if he falls on his shoulder it will be limp for a few seconds, and a fair bit of pain after the game.

There is no risk playing on it. Yes he would be in pain, yes you can play through it, no he would not be performing at 100%.

Not sure what else I can say.

There were contradicting statements all year from the club
If the medical experts pass you fit to play then you should be capable or expected to perform your duties
If he was playing under duress then our medical staff are incompetent and leaving themselves and the club wide open for future litigation
I still agree that he should have been put away early and got fixed up as I I thought he was a liability all season

OK, i don't remember seeing any contradicting statements about Morris through the year what so ever, not once, not ever all i remember is seeing Damian Hardwick say he was playing under duress, give me and everyone else here some solid examples or can anyone else back TigerImposter up here?

Playing under duress is not and never has and never will be a cause for an elite athlete not to perform, elite athletes play under duress every year at least once, corked thigh, bruised bones, strained joints, the shoulder is the most complex joint in the human body and it is very easy for something to go wrong in that area, if just one part of the shoulder becomes inflamed it can cause problems in the whole area, this does not mean that someone can't perform or that playing a sport is going to make the problem area worse, the medico's will asses the potential for further damage and if it is safe for him to play without complicating things further they will, it is not incompetence in fact it is competent decision making from a professional.

Prime and perfect example, Rafael Nadal was having hand problems all year and still played, not to peak efficiency but he still did and even one a grand slam or two i believe.

With a shoulder injury like the one I have I can still play sport but if I impact my shoulder enough or hit it in a certain way it basically becomes a dead weight while it gets feeling back. Once I get feeling back I can keep going. By the end of the day the strength in my shoulder is diminished and if I go hard enough I'll spend the following day mending a sore shoulder. From what I've seen, Morris reacts pretty similar to how I do so I wouldn't be surprised if his shoulder injury is the same.

With Morris the impacts would probably be less strength in tackles towards the end of games, if he falls on his shoulder it will be limp for a few seconds, and a fair bit of pain after the game.

There is no risk playing on it. Yes he would be in pain, yes you can play through it, no he would not be performing at 100%.

Not sure what else I can say.

I wasn't referering to you DrMike sorry. i get what you are saying.

Back