List Mgmt. Taylor Hunt delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Beat me to the punch. I will delete my post now that it is redundant.
But here is a link to Balme's interview on SEN.

Made for some interesting listening:thumbsu:

I said it in the Stanley thread, didn't the Saints show some interest in Hunt early on?

If so, and if we really want Stanley, why not swap them or offer 35 + Hunt or something of that ilk?

I'm at a lost as to why we'd offer 21 for Stanley.
"Taylor Hunt isn't in the frame at this stage. As things stand, there is not a strong likelihood of that happening. #bainslive"

St. Kilda twitter today.

I said it in the Stanley thread, didn't the Saints show some interest in Hunt early on?

If so, and if we really want Stanley, why not swap them or offer 35 + Hunt or something of that ilk?

I'm at a lost as to why we'd offer 21 for Stanley.
Nope Pelchen I think it was was asked if the Saints were thinking about moving for Hunt and the reply was along the lines of "Not as yet we didn't know he was available but knowing that he is we may have to have a look at him."

"Taylor Hunt isn't in the frame at this stage. As things stand, there is not a strong likelihood of that happening. #bainslive"

St. Kilda twitter today.
More good news.

I read that North are looking to bundle Harper into the possible Cooney deal. I'd rather enquire about a kid like him. Medium sized forward who could eventually go into the midfield.

Got a few tricks as well.

More good news.

I read that North are looking to bundle Harper into the possible Cooney deal. I'd rather enquire about a kid like him. Medium sized forward who could eventually go into the midfield.

Got a few tricks as well.
I agree. The whole Stanley thing is bizarre.

didn't delisted free agent end on weekend?
I thought there was another period/mechanism after trade? Geelong traded Chappy, Pods, and Hunt for late picks that they were never going to use to help them get where they wanted quicker and didn't have to wait until later?

Why would you tell everyone we don't have room for Hunt?
Don't we want some team to give us something for him??
Clubs will just wait till he's a delisted free agent now won't they?

Agreed.

Balmey is good at many things but he is an amateur at trade week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm surprised they are still looking at moving on Hunt even if he doesn't attract a suitable trade. We are already light on for running mids. The guy can actually play good footy. It appears we are being played on a break at the moment. You watch, someone will pick him up in the PSD for SFA.

I'm surprised they are still looking at moving on Hunt even if he doesn't attract a suitable trade. We are already light on for running mids. The guy can actually play good footy. It appears we are being played on a break at the moment. You watch, someone will pick him up in the PSD for SFA.

Why would we keep Cowan ahead of Hunt? (especially with Christensen gone) Can someone explain that to me?

Why would we keep Cowan ahead of Hunt? (especially with Christensen gone) Can someone explain that to me?

Why did we keep Cowan fullstop?

Can anyone explain that to me?

Does anyone know what on earth THunt did or did not do to warrant this sort of treatment?
We have Cowan, Menzel, Vardy, Simpson, HMc, all sus with injuries, and we're losing Varcoe, Lost Bundy, Shroder, Burbury, Stringer, and Balme says there is NO ROOM for THunt. He wants to stay.
I am normally very accepting of what this club does at this time of year, but some of these decisions are baffling at best.
Poodle 2 years ago was easily best 22. Just sounds like he became awfully out of favour during 2014, which "appeared" to be injury related.
Can anybody illuminate this for me?

Does anyone know what on earth THunt did or did not do to warrant this sort of treatment?
We have Cowan, Menzel, Vardy, Simpson, HMc, all sus with injuries, and we're losing Varcoe, Lost Bundy, Shroder, Burbury, Stringer, and Balme says there is NO ROOM for THunt. He wants to stay.
I am normally very accepting of what this club does at this time of year, but some of these decisions are baffling at best.
Poodle 2 years ago was easily best 22. Just sounds like he became awfully out of favour during 2014, which "appeared" to be injury related.

Nope

If they can, could they then turn their attention to Schroder and explain that one to me?

I still maintain he got the very roughest of the rough end of the pineapple.

It seems to me that his sin was to break his collar bone, lose some confidence and then get thrown all over the ground in different positions until he didn't know if he was coming or going. He used to have a clear role and seemed to be going ok with it - not perfect but playing the role and improving.

I thought we had more than enough (younger) players who have pace but despite that Geelong seem to have got slower over the last two years.

It seems to me that his sin was to break his collar bone, lose some confidence and then get thrown all over the ground in different positions until he didn't know if he was coming or going. He used to have a clear role and seemed to be going ok with it - not perfect but playing the role and improving.

I thought we had more than enough (younger) players who have pace but despite that Geelong seem to have got slower over the last two years.
Varcoe, Hunt, Bundy all had some pace
Clark, Stanley, lot of height. Are we moving all our games to Etihad?

Varcoe, Hunt, Bundy all had some pace
Clark, Stanley, lot of height. Are we moving all our games to Etihad?
Very few games from Hunt, and only 8 from Bundy this year and Varcoe only coming good late in 2014 - that's a few kph missing. :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back