List Mgmt. Taylor Hunt delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigers or Brisabane
Going by the article in the Herald Sun this morning, sounds like Hunt and his family are die-hard Tigers fans.

Hope he ends up with you guys and makes the most of his second chance. :thumbsu:

As an aside, I had no idea Brisbane offered Hunt a 3 year deal last year that he rejected. A lot can change in a year.

Was a THunt fan for a long while, remember his first game in 2010. I thought he had almost nailed the spot earlier this year then copped a minor injury and couldn't get back. The reality is if you have not cemented a spot yet, and find yourself in the VFL you simply must kick the door down with some great performances something Taylor couldn't do. You could see the difference between an AFL player in Varcoe when coming back playing a game in the VFL and cruising through with a classy performance without even trying and others like THunt who were not quite there. I hope he finds a place somewhere, I still think he could make it along the lines of David Johnson a 80-100 game useful player.

And posts like this proove my point. Now the most overrated player at the club.

I think people are being hasty with their opinions on both sides of the argument, given he's only played 5 games.

I reckon opinions will be far better informed if we all wait until he has more games under his belt before calling it.

Anyhow, back on topic. I wish Hunt all the best in the future.

And posts like this proove my point. Now the most overrated player at the club.

Overrated because some people think he should be in the 22 as a small forward that plays hard at the ball and is quick around it?

I haven't see anyone call him the next GAJ yet, but if I have missed something posted about him, please let me know.

FWIW, I like the way he plays and goes about it in the 5 games he's had and think he should get more. Yes, he has not kicked a goal yet s I understand it but it's not like he has not missed by much. 5 games….

Go Catters

I smile at people who kept thinking Burbury and McCarthy are/were same types of players and both (or at least one of them) should be delisted only to see McCarthy come back to the VFL and deliver then show glimpses of his potential in the last remaining games of the season.
Now we see folks penciling him in as a true prospect heading forward but let's be clear Seeds, at no time was he ever rated. Where you are getting all this overrating of him has me stumped.

Similar issue with Hartman, most had him as a no hoper, I think there was only one or two individuals on this board who kept pumping up his tyres and once he made very handy inroads this season, he's suddenly back in the equation for 2105 and beyond :D
overrated because he is in an awful lot of best 18's at the moment despite playing an average couple of senior games. he may well come good but he has a fair bit of improvement to go before he is best 18. I would have Thurlow and Hartman closer to best 18 then McCarthy and neither are in my best 22.

Overrated because some people think he should be in the 22 as a small forward that plays hard at the ball and is quick around it?

I haven't see anyone call him the next GAJ yet, but if I have missed something posted about him, please let me know.

FWIW, I like the way he plays and goes about it in the 5 games he's had and think he should get more. Yes, he has not kicked a goal yet s I understand it but it's not like he has not missed by much. 5 games….

Go Catters
if hes not the most overrated at the club by the supporters then who is? someone has to be?

Go Catters
if hes not the most overrated at the club by the supporters then who is? someone has to be?

overrated because he is in an awful lot of best 18's at the moment despite playing an average couple of senior games. he may well come good but he has a fair bit of improvement to go before he is best 18. I would have Thurlow and Hartman closer to best 18 then McCarthy and neither are in my best 22.

I'm assuming people are selecting their best 18 based on their assessment of what they perceive to be each players fullest potential, whether yet proven or not.

Therefore, such choices will come down to the individual's belief of what the ceiling is for each player.

Hence there'll be a wide range of opinion. Human nature......and all amateur experts :D

Why? Did I miss the questionnaire that was designed to statistically uncover this enigma... :rolleyes:

Seriously though, there are many thousands of supporters, each with his/her own thoughts. I don't see why there must be one single "most over-rated" player, however convenient that might be for your argument.

Why? Did I miss the questionnaire that was designed to statistically uncover this enigma... :rolleyes:

Seriously though, there are many thousands of supporters, each with his/her own thoughts. I don't see why there must be one single "most over-rated" player, however convenient that might be for your argument.
Because it's an ordinal ranking. someone has to be on the top and bottom by it's very definition.

Sorry I don't spend my time looking for negative monkiers to apply to our players.

As for Linc specifically, he is pretty well placed after 5 games. Shows he has pace, hardness and a willingness to play his role. Has suffered from adrenaline and over exuberance at times, which Id classify as a common trait for most under 10 gamers. The Bont is about the only guy I've seen come in of late and not show it - but pick 5 vs pick 60 odd might have something to do with it.

Perhaps you could attribute him being hurt for 2 years and finally getting his shot and wanting so much to do the right thing and play the right way that he's overcommitted to some acts. So if that makes him overrated in your opinion then ok.

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry I don't spend my time looking for negative monkiers to apply to our players.

As for Linc specifically, he is pretty well placed after 5 games. Shows he has pace, hardness and a willingness to play his role. Has suffered from adrenaline and over exuberance at times, which Id classify as a common trait for most under 10 gamers. The Bont is about the only guy I've seen come in of late and not show it - but pick 5 vs pick 60 odd might have something to do with it.

Perhaps you could attribute him being hurt for 2 years and finally getting his shot and wanting so much to do the right thing and play the right way that he's overcommitted to some acts. So if that makes him overrated in your opinion then ok.

Go Catters
thats perfectly fine except you cant criticise my view then if you havnt even given the subject any thought.

thats perfectly fine except you cant criticise my view then if you havnt even given the subject any thought.

Other than saying he is over rated you have yet to say why you think it is so. And I have clearly thought about it if im asking you why you think he's overrated.

And its not a criticism - its an observation. Sematics perhaps but the difference glaring. This is starting to sound like the argument room again just because you can...

Go Catters

Other than saying he is over rated you have yet to say why you think it is so. And I have clearly thought about it if im asking you why you think he's overrated.

And its not a criticism - its an observation. Sematics perhaps but the difference glaring. This is starting to sound like the argument room again just because you can...

Go Catters
Mate. Don't bother, he called him slow.
So he either has a gripe or has no idea.

And FWIW I think people are probably putting McCarthy in the team because we desperately need a forward crumber.
There aren't a lot of options.

Hell we've seen GHS and Murdoch doing it.

Agree with this.. 'the poodle' (dont see this reference much anymore BTW) has been incredibly overrated for years on here. I never understood it, if you ever watched the bloke off the ball he looks lost. Was tried in a lot of roles but was never up to it. *yeah i know about that 1 good qtr vs Murphy.

He should have taken the 3 year deal from Brisbane. Sounds like his manager didn't do his job properly, Taylor's value was only going to drop this year.

Nothing against the bloke and I wish him all the best but not every player on our list is gonna make it, I don't know why we persisted as long as we did.

Agree to a point. But he doesn't need to be Wojcinski or anyone else. His best football has shown he's just fine being himself.
Radical thought that..... Be yourself.

The best advice anyone can be given.

Go Catters
you just said you dont look for negative monikers so how can you disagree with my statement that out of all our players i think he is more overrated then any other when you dont even think about whos overrated to begin with??
Everyone on here thinks he is fast. From what ive seen he looks slow for a small forward pocket (ok for a midfielder but not a forward pocket). Very few slow forward pockets make it. Endeavour is great. no probs there although he is prone to give a few stupid frees away which can easily be fixed. He fumbles a bit and doesnt seem to have good disposal and isnt really capable of providing a marking option at this point, although this may come in time. His poor disposal and fumbling may in part be nerves but it still has to be fixed before he is worthy of top 22. I really see very little difference between him and Burbury who was also massively overrated last year. Like with Mccarthy this year numerous posters had him in our best 22.Turns out I was right about that one. Hope Im dead wrong about Mccarthy.

Agree with this.. 'the poodle' (dont see this reference much anymore BTW) has been incredibly overrated for years on here. I never understood it, if you ever watched the bloke off the ball he looks lost. Was tried in a lot of roles but was never up to it. *yeah i know about that 1 good qtr vs Murphy.

He should have taken the 3 year deal from Brisbane. Sounds like his manager didn't do his job properly, Taylor's value was only going to drop this year.

Nothing against the bloke and I wish him all the best but not every player on our list is gonna make it, I don't know why we persisted as long as we did.
i would say hunt was the most overrated at the start of 2013.

you just said you dont look for negative monikers so how can you disagree with my statement that out of all our players i think he is more overrated then any other when you dont even think about whos overrated to begin with??
Everyone on here thinks he is fast. From what ive seen he looks slow for a small forward pocket (ok for a midfielder but not a forward pocket). Very few slow forward pockets make it. Endeavour is great. no probs there although he is prone to give a few stupid frees away which can easily be fixed. He fumbles a bit and doesnt seem to have good disposal and isnt really capable of providing a marking option at this point, although this may come in time. His poor disposal and fumbling may in part be nerves but it still has to be fixed before he is worthy of top 22. I really see very little difference between him and Burbury who was also massively overrated last year. Like with Mccarthy this year numerous posters had him in our best 22.Turns out I was right about that one. Hope Im dead wrong about Mccarthy.

Perfect. An opinion and an explanation to follow. I see WHY you are stating WHAT you are stating. I think McCarthy can add to our F50 structure much like Burbs did prior to his facial rearrangement. We shall see after he gets 20 odd games into him. And I liked Burbs as well but given the choice bw the 2, I d take McCarthy if I had to pick one. And yes, I hope you are wrong about him too. We shall see.

Go Catters

Seeds , just to clarify for me..how do you define if a player is over rated? Someone saying they will be champs , kick 10 goals , early predictions etc. or just being named in the best 22? Being on the list perhaps? Is it someone liking a player who exibits certain traits that others do not rate as that important? That happens in teh draft most years , every club walks away with players they rated better than the pick they used , amazed at how he lasted to their pick.

Seeds , just to clarify for me..how do you define if a player is over rated? Someone saying they will be champs , kick 10 goals , early predictions etc. or just being named in the best 22? Being on the list perhaps? Is it someone liking a player who exibits certain traits that others do not rate as that important? That happens in teh draft most years , every club walks away with players they rated better than the pick they used , amazed at how he lasted to their pick.
One of the great questions. Along with how do we define the best players. Everyone does it differently. If a large portion of people rank a player a lot higher than I do, I regard him as overrated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back