Taylor Swift

Remove this Banner Ad

Things I will never understand: People who are legitimately annoyed/angered by what kinds of music other people like.

Agreed. Anyway, the thing I'm most looking forward to about the 1989 concert movie is getting a decent recording of the live version of Wildest Dreams. That's one of my favourites from that album, but I loved the live version even more. That was probably the highlight of the night for me.

I agree with you on that. I'm not sure if you were referring to me there though...
Not at all. More old mate Severe and people like him who are like "Oh you like THAT band? WHY? They're SO bad. What's wrong with you? I HATE that kind of music and them".

Like...it's vibrations in the air reacting in our ears. Chill the * out.

Went on Thursday only having heard about 4 songs of hers and thought the same. Was blown away by how talented she is. The only live act I've seen that I'd put on the same level as Springsteen. I then spent the weekend actually listening to 1989 in full (amazing album) and then going back and listening to her old albums. She's an amazing artist. Exceptionally talented. Some of my favourites:

Haunted is ******* incredible. You'd listen to 1989 and never guess it was the same artist. Like, ever.

Id definitely * Taylor first

Not at all. More old mate Severe and people like him who are like "Oh you like THAT band? WHY? They're SO bad. What's wrong with you? I HATE that kind of music and them".

Like...it's vibrations in the air reacting in our ears. Chill the **** out.
I will say one thing. I never would put down someone for listening to something they enjoy. I will though critic an artist. There is a big difference.

I also know that my opinion is useless.

manwithnoname have you seen Taylor's interview with Zane Lowe yet? It was just released today, and I think it will be a part of the concert movie. I don't know if you are really too interested in that sort of thing, but if you are, that's one of the best interviews I've seen with her in a long time. It's free on itunes without having to sign up to Apple Music at the moment.

manwithnoname have you seen Taylor's interview with Zane Lowe yet? It was just released today, and I think it will be a part of the concert movie. I don't know if you are really too interested in that sort of thing, but if you are, that's one of the best interviews I've seen with her in a long time. It's free on itunes without having to sign up to Apple Music at the moment.
Focused on Star Wars at the minute. Will have to check it out on the weekend.

Saw her at billboards in 2009

The best gig I've ever been to

So happy I got to see her in such an intimate setting, something that will never happen again

Went in 2011, was a horrible experience, full of Teeny boppers who didn't know any of her stuff from the first album

Took the girlfriend on Saturday. VIP experience in the side pits
Great show, much better than 2011

No doubt Taylor swift is probably the second biggest pop star today behind Adele.

But let's revisit the forum in 2035 and see where Taylor is at in her career??

Imo a true music legend comes from how many years you are still a force in the music industry weather that be with album sales and/or single sales or touring sales.

Taylor still has some way to go to get the status of;

Rolling stones
ACDC
Elton John
Bruce Springsteen
and Madonna.

In saying that Taylor is very talented but imo she ain't got nothing on Madonna, Tina Turner and Beyoncé for live performances. But Taylor is also a lot younger too.

No doubt Taylor swift is probably the second biggest pop star today behind Adele.

Imo a true music legend comes from how many years you are still a force in the music industry weather that be with album sales and/or single sales or touring sales.

Rolling stones
ACDC
Elton John
Bruce Springsteen
and Madonna.

In saying that Taylor is very talented but imo she ain't got nothing on Madonna, Tina Turner and Beyoncé for live performances. But Taylor is also a lot younger too.

Agree there
She's very business savy, and is milking the fan base for all its worth, knowing they'll find the next bandwagon to jump on

She'll always be there abouts though
You don't get 50k to a nuclear concert without doing something right

Rolling stones
ACDC
Elton John
Bruce Springsteen
and Madonna.

Of course. But you could say this to kill any conversation hyping up current artists. Overly pessimistic imo.

And was it her current tour you saw her live on? Or an earlier one?

Last edited:
Agree there
She's very business savy, and is milking the fan base for all its worth, knowing they'll find the next bandwagon to jump on

She'll always be there abouts though
You don't get 50k to a nuclear concert without doing something right
Would "milking the fans" not mean doing more or less the same album every time? Which she's not doing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've seen him 13 times and I'll stand by that statement every day.

I'm with you here.

I've seen Bruce 13 times also and I came out of the Taylor Swift AAMI Park gig last Friday just as exhilarated as any of the Bruce gigs I've been to (with the possible exception of the 2 Adelaide gigs of 2014).

Great, great show. Loved every minute of it.

I'm with you here.

I've seen Bruce 13 times also and I came out of the Taylor Swift AAMI Park gig last Friday just as exhilarated as any of the Bruce gigs I've been to (with the possible exception of the 2 Adelaide gigs of 2014).

Great, great show. Loved every minute of it.
She's got the same aura. The same ability to connect with an audience that nobody I've seen but Bruce has. Which when you remember how big a crowd she was playing to, is even more impressive.

Someone has seen Bruce Springsteen 13 times yet is young enough to enjoy TS. Interesting.

I'm 47, have also seen Springsteen 13 times and absolutely loved the the Taylor Swift gig on Friday night. I've really got no idea what point you are trying to make.

Sorry for touching a nerve.

LEAVE TAYTAY ALONE!!

Rolling stones
ACDC
Elton John
Bruce Springsteen
and Madonna.

Of course, but we can't really make that comparison now when she wasn't even born when those artists released their first song. She has achieved a hell of a lot in the ten years she has already been in the industry though. If she retired from music tomorrow, she'd still go down as a 7 time Grammy winner, and the youngest ever winner of album of the year at that. Would her career go down as legendary if she retired tomorrow? No, but it would still be recognised as something pretty special. This is a big call, but I think that if there's any artist today (apart from Adele) that has the ability to rise to the status of the people you have listed, it's Taylor Swift. She has an incredible ear for writing pop songs, and is also an extremely savvy businesswoman. She'll be a force in the industry for a long time yet.

Taylor is great, even if she's a pretty average person.

People like Ed Sherrin meanwhile are the ones we should hate – average people peddling bland, banal songs that could be sung by a dozen other artists. He offers no soul or personality. He sucks rocks.

Taylor Swift also played one of the best shows I will ever see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back