Taylor Swift

Remove this Banner Ad

The video's not great. Just seems to have little to do with the song itself. But maybe that's just me. Seems like just wanting to get it out of the way, and paid for by New Zealand, so she can move on from 1989.

Last shot was pretty good, would've been better without the explanation though.
Really? Fair enough. I thought it was great and certainly have a few screenshots from the MV that I have now saved up in my computer.

Frozen Taylor Swift anyone? :D

Last shot was pretty good, would've been better without the explanation though.
Explanation?! That's basically been a weird, throwaway catch-all for the album since day dot. It appeared on one of those promo polaroids, at the end of the movie, and now this. It's been everywhere.

Shocking video as well. She had an awesome one with Blank Space and two good ones with Shake it Off and Bad Blood (though that last one was a disappointment and more about cramming in appearances than anything good). Style reminds me a bit of this though... it could and probably potentially was applied to a few different songs and chosen at the last minute to represent one.

Ah well, whatever, I think it was good to round off the tour with the Sydney film but hey. Interesting hearing about the New Zealand Tourism stuff. Did she even play a show there or just holiday and film this? Did anyone else notice that bits of the video were actually played on the big screen during the live version of this? Me and my girlfriend sussed it when we watched the movie last night. The edit turnaround must've been massive, or maybe only some shots were actually filmed outside of a green screen and in NZ?

Hmmm record sales would prove that Adele is bigger. Touring Taylor is bigger.

In terms of touring Artists the only one who is bigger atm would be Madonna and U2 but then again Madonna and U2 have over 30 years of hits and their Names alone just draw in the crowds even if they are not fans just to say they have been and seen Madonna or U2 just once

It's a pity she didn't play any when she last toured Australia, admittedly, she only had a dozen years of hits at that stage but it was still a pretty extensive back catalogue. It's why I had no interest in seeing her this time around, I was so disappointed with the last offering.

It's a pity she didn't play any when she last toured Australia, admittedly, she only had a dozen years of hits at that stage but it was still a pretty extensive back catalogue. It's why I had no interest in seeing her this time around, I was so disappointed with the last offering.

Totally agree....absolutely the worst concert that I have ever attended. I remember shuffling out of the MCG in deathly silence, everybody obviously completely stunned at the rubbish that Madonna had served up for the past 90 minutes. Then one guy just screams out at the the top of his lungs "How f*** s**t was that !!!". Nobody disagreed.

I was a massive fan until that point. Lost me forever.

This guy nails it.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...3/news-story/3f7f1c8423dc47b96af2e57b2c3a150b

I will be going to Madonna's concert in March and I cannot wait. Madonna is getting raving reviews all round the globe. The only criticism from a few journos is that she has not been coming on stage too 10:pm.

Out of Madonna's 22 songs 9 are from rebel heart but rebel heart is a bloody good album imo and her best album in 10 years. People complaining that they want too see all her hits from the 80's, 90's plus music and hung up then you really don't know Madonna. Madonna has stated that she will only perform her greatest hits when it is her last world tour which will probably happen in another 5-10 years time

Madonna has always sang 50% news songs and 50% classics.

People complaining about her 1993 girlie show tour might have to do with playing in stadiums. This time the shows will be in arenas which will mate it more interment. Plus erotica is a really good album but people were so shocked by the over sexualised performances of the girlie show and it was coming off the back of the sex book. But songs from her erotica album like Erotica, Deeper and deeper and Rain are classic Madonna hits that had big success on the aria chats, erotica peaked at no.4, deeper and deeper peaked at no.11 and rain peaked at no.5.

The hits that Madonna is performing on her Rebel Heart tour are;

Burning up
Vogue
Like a virgin
True blue
Deeper and deeper
Like a virgin
Love don't live here anymore
Dress you up/into the groove/ lucky star medley
La Isla bonita
Like a prayer/who's that girl/secret/ ghosttown/don't tell me ( Madonna changes alternates these songs for each show and sings two of these songs).
Music
Material Girl
Holiday.

But with Madonna having 40 top 10 hits in Australia it is hard for her to keep everyone happy!! People are going to complain that she did not sing borderline, crazy for you, papa don't preach, express yourself, cherish, justify my love, erotica, frozen, ray of light, hung up ect.....

Last edited:
I will be going to Madonna's concert in March and I cannot wait. Madonna is getting raving reviews all round the blobe. The only criticism from a few journos is that she has not been coming on stage too 10:pm.

Out of Madonna's 22 songs 9 are from rebel heart but rebel heart is a bloody good album imo and her best album in 10 years. People complaining that they want too see all her hits from the 80's, 90's plus music and hung up then you really know Madonna. Madonna has stated that she will only perform her greatest hits when it is her last world tour which will probably happen in another 5-10 years time

Madonna has always sang 50% news songs and 50% classics.

People complaining about her 1993 girlie show tour might have to do with playing in stadiums. This time is will be in arenas which will mate it more interment. Plus erotica is a really good album it was after her sex book. But songs from her erotica album like Erotica, Deeper and deeper and Rain. Those 3 songs are classic Madonna hits.

The hits that Madonna is performing are;

Burning up
Like a virgin
True blue
Deeper and deeper
Like a virgin
Dress you up/into the groove
Like a prayer/who's that girl/secret/ ghosttown. (Madonna alternates this son

It had nothing to do with her playing in a stadium, it was the set list.

She'd been touring the world for a decade playing her, up until then hits, by the time she hit Australia she said that she was sick of playing them. It's a pity that most of the crowd was my vintage who had been following her since she first came onto the scene and we wanted her 80s stuff.

I wouldn't say she's always done 50 / 50 either. Girlie Tour, 4 of the 17 were what were then classics, everything else was new / newish.

No Burning Up, Into The Groove, Material Girl, Dress You Up, Crazy For You, Papa Don't Preach, Borderline, Live To Tell, Open Your Heart, Lucky Star, Like A Prayer etc etc and a horrible 20s caberet version of Like A Virgin.

iirc, Australia was the first country in the world that she had a top 5 single, I guess the majority of the crowd was just expecting a little something in return to acknowledge this.

A hell of a lot of people like myself and my wife and the group of 10 or so other people that we went with left disappointed. I still have the ticket stubs and tour book sitting in a box in a cupboard somewhere.

It had nothing to do with her playing in a stadium, it was the set list.

She'd been touring the world for a decade playing her, up until then hits, by the time she hit Australia she said that she was sick of playing them. It's a pity that most of the crowd was my vintage who had been following her since she first came onto the scene and we wanted her 80s stuff.

I wouldn't say she's always done 50 / 50 either. Girlie Tour, 4 of the 17 were what were then classics, everything else was new / newish.

No Burning Up, Into The Groove, Material Girl, Dress You Up, Crazy For You, Papa Don't Preach, Borderline, Live To Tell, Open Your Heart, Lucky Star, Like A Prayer etc etc and a horrible 20s caberet version of Like A Virgin.

iirc, Australia was the first country in the world that she had a top 5 single, I guess the majority of the crowd was just expecting a little something in return to acknowledge this.

A hell of a lot of people like myself and my wife and the group of 10 or so other people that we went with left disappointed. I still have the ticket stubs and tour book sitting in a box in a cupboard somewhere.

Too bad that one bad experience has turned you off seeing Madonna this time Around. Maybe watch some of her YouTube clips of the rebel heart tour and it might change your mind in seeing her again

Fair enough mate. Plus the rebel heart tour is the most expensive tour in Australian history!! 70% of tickets are $500.00.

But I'm a huge fan and have never seen her live so for me it's a dream come true since she cancelled her MDNA tour in 2012 I thought I would never see her play live and that I would have to travel to either the states or Europe if I wanted to see Madonna play live.

Back to Taylor swift she does nothing for me to ever want to see her live. Her music is too teenie boppie for me and I find her as a person rather boring

Fair enough mate. Plus the rebel heart tour is the most expensive tour in Australian history!! 70% of tickets are $500.00.

But I'm a huge fan and have never seen her live so for me it's a dream come true since she cancelled her MDNA tour in 2012 I thought I would never see her play live and that I would have to travel to either the states or Europe if I wanted to see Madonna play live.

Back to Taylor swift she does nothing for me to ever want to see her live. Her music is too teenie boppie for me and I find her as a person rather boring
You've made the same post multiple times now. Apart from contradicting yourself where before you said Taylor was no good live, now you're saying you never have seen her and ever want to. So that's a direct contradiction. But we get it. You like Madonna and don't like Taylor. Cool. Gr8.

People complaining about her 1993 girlie show tour might have to do with playing in stadiums.

My complaint had nothing do with her playing in stadiums and everything to do with the fact that it was just a really, really crap concert.

I was up nice and close...sound was good...she was shite.

Hope you have a better experience. By the sound of things, she could come out on stage and do nothing but fart noises with her armpit and you will think its the most unreal thing that you have ever seen.

In all seriousness, I truly hope that she puts on an awesome show for you. You are obviously a massive Madonna fan and I know how it feels to wait so long to see your hero (Springsteen for me), so best of luck. Hope she makes it worth the wait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Truly the most excruciating 6-7 minutes that I have ever experienced at a gig......it was just horrible.

I actually couldn't work out what the * it was until it was almost finished. We were all looking at each other going wtf is this?

I actually couldn't work out what the **** it was until it was almost finished. We were all looking at each other going wtf is this?

Yep.

The highlight of that show was the slide down the giant pole at the start of the gig...it was all downhill from that point.

Yep.

The highlight of that show was the slide down the giant pole at the start of the gig...it was all downhill from that point.

hehe, I was going to say the only saving grace of the whole thing for me was all the hot young chicks up near the stage sticking their tongues down each others' throats.

My complaint had nothing do with her playing in stadiums and everything to do with the fact that it was just a really, really crap concert.

I was up nice and close...sound was good...she was shite.

Hope you have a better experience. By the sound of things, she could come out on stage and do nothing but fart noises with her armpit and you will think its the most unreal thing that you have ever seen.

In all seriousness, I truly hope that she puts on an awesome show for you. You are obviously a massive Madonna fan and I know how it feels to wait so long to see your hero (Springsteen for me), so best of luck. Hope she makes it worth the wait.

Well I'm very confident that she will put on an amazing show. I have seen some of her hebel heart performances on YouTube and it is absolutely amazing. And her classics even tho they have been slightly reinvented have remained close to the original form. Plus she is imo more of a performer then she was in 1993! In 1993 it was all about shock value and she has been known to be very cold towards her audience. This tour she is extremely talkative plus she play's the guitar and ukulele. Back in the 80's and 90's Madonna never played an instrument. It was not until her 2001 world tour that Madonna had learned to play the guitar.

Atleast Madonna has a personality unlike Taylor Swift.

Madonna is also a great dancer unlike Taylor. Taylor can write a good song and can sing but that's about it!!! As soon as her teenie bopper fan base grows into adult hood in 5 years time where will Taylor be???
Cool story bro

Atleast Madonna has a personality unlike Taylor Swift.

Madonna is also a great dancer unlike Taylor. Taylor can write a good song and can sing but that's about it!!! As soon as her teenie bopper fan base grows into adult hood in 5 years time where will Taylor be???
:$:$:$:$

Yeah whatever dude

Out of complete curiosity, I thought that I would revisit the "Like a Wurjen" debacle via the modern wonder of Youtube.

It's even worse than I remember....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back