Taylor Walker new Adelaide captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Announced by club, to replace Nathan Van Berlo.

Thoughts ont he move? Tex is a gun but never struck me as leadership material. Seems a bit of a goofball.

Easy assumption to make from the outside, true leader of men.
Will captain in the Jono Brown mould, hopefully minus the facial surgery, relaxed customer but someone who bleeds for their club.

Inspired choice, would of been easy to pick Danger, Sloane or VB.

I live in Adelaide, so surrounded by Crows fans. This has been the talking point of the morning here at work and there seems to be an even split of opinions among them of resigned disappointment and WTF??!? Most wanted Sloane or Dangerfield, so this is certainly a disappointing surprise for them. For a neutral it seems like an odd one, as Walker has never seemed very 'sharp', but I suppose the club knows best. Interested to what other Crows fans think apart from the smallish sample size at work (about 20).

The new coach chose him, right?

Definitely thought Sloane/Danger captain/vice captain was on the cards. Guess they're rewarding Tex for the loyalty he's shown. I'd say Paddy's got one foot out the door now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good choice. One of the few Crows who actually shows a bit of agro on the field. Obviously popular amongst the playing group and has impressed the new coaching staff. As an above poster said, if the captaincy is the difference between Dangerfield staying, he should not be captain.

Pretty confident that if Dangerfield was staying he would be captain.. Natural Leader..

Good to see a Lad get the gig though..
Good leaders don't abandon their troops and are committed to the future of their club. Tex Walker is the best choice imo, natural leader who loves everything about the Adelaide Football Club.

Especially considering how bad Boak has been as a captain :rolleyes:

Boak is a great captain, never implied otherwise..

I'm just kinda pissed that in a thread annoucing Walker as the next AFC captain, a whole lotta nuff nuffs are talking about Dangerfield and Sloane leaving the club.. so I responded in kind...

ffs there are enough threads for that....

I live in Adelaide, so surrounded by Crows fans. This has been the talking point of the morning here at work and there seems to be an even split of opinions among them of resigned disappointment and WTF??!? Most wanted Sloane or Dangerfield, so this is certainly a disappointing surprise for them. For a neutral it seems like an odd one, as Walker has never seemed very 'sharp', but I suppose the club knows best. Interested to what other Crows fans think apart from the smallish sample size at work (about 20).
Very happy with the choice of Walsh. Tex plays as a leader and isn't scared to let his opponents know that he's around the place.

Of course it is. No matter who we named captain, Port fans would find something wrong with it :rolleyes:

Paranoid much?

See's Club: Port Adelaide, has a cry.

He's a dickhead. Sloane isn't.

And of course Port fans would comment on this thread, no one outside of SA give's 2 shits.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back