Taylor Walker vs Jeremy Cameron

If you could get either one, who would you recruit?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If you were a recruiting manager and were able to buy both Walker & Cameron, but you only had one place left in the squad, which player would you recruit?

Taylor Walker - age 24, 192cm, 100kg

Career averages per game

Games Kicks Handballs Disposals Marks Goals Behinds Tackles Hitouts

Jeremy Cameron - age 21, 194cm, 91kg

Career averages per game

Games Kicks Handballs Disposals Marks Goals Behinds Tackles Hitouts
...51......7.6........2.5.........10.1.......4.8.....2.4.......1.2........1.4.......0.1

Last edited:

Cameron. He's so young and has already shown how good he'll be

Cameron. Article in the paper today talking about how he played all of last season with at least one, but at times two crook ankles, so if he is relatively injury-free this year I imagine he will remind us just how good he is and if he hasn't re-signed by the end of the season the offers he gets from other clubs could almost make Boyd's look like small change!

Walkers best season (2012) was much better than Cameron's best season (2013).

I am interested to see how Cameron goes this year if he is healthy.

Walker was 22yo in 2012 and in his 4th season and with 46 games under his belt at the start of that year, whereas Cameron was just 20yo in 2013, in just his 2nd season and with just 16 games under his belt at the start of that year, so that augurs well for Cameron's prospects. I reckon he will be better at 22yo than Walker was.

Cameron .... easy. As a forward Cameron averages more goals from less opportunities. Against Port in Canberra Cameron was moved into defense and played extremely well. I couldn't imagine Tex being effective in defense.

I'd say Cameron just because he's younger and he might have more improvement left in him. You would be happy with either of them though. No doubt about that.

Walker.

Imo walker is the best pure forward in the game. Doesnt really have any athletic strengths that sets him apart from others in the game. Guys like buddy use extreme speed and agility to break away from opponents. Riewoldt elite endurance etc.

Tex is a good old fashioned full forward. Could easily see him playing in the ablett,lockett,dunstall era

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walker.

Imo walker is the best pure forward in the game. Doesnt really have any athletic strengths that sets him apart from others in the game. Guys like buddy use extreme speed and agility to break away from opponents. Riewoldt elite endurance etc.

Tex is a good old fashioned full forward. Could easily see him playing in the ablett,lockett,dunstall era
Seems to have a pretty good leap on him.

Tex has a lot of X-Factor about him. But so does Cameron and he is younger

Was going to point towards Cameron's ordinary 2014 season as cause for some doubt. In that "ordinary" and injury interrupted season, he still averaged 2.1 goals a game.

I'm a big fan of the Texan but you simply can't go past Cameron given what he's already achieved at such a young age.

Last edited:
Walker was 22yo in 2012 and in his 4th season and with 46 games under his belt at the start of that year, whereas Cameron was just 20yo in 2013, in just his 2nd season and with just 16 games under his belt at the start of that year, so that augurs well for Cameron's prospects. I reckon he will be better at 22yo than Walker was.
Cameron's a reasonable chance to have a Coleman and a couple of AAs by the time he's played the amount of seasons Walker currently has.

If you were recruiting for the rest of their playing careers? Cameron.

If you were recruiting to play one game tomorrow? Cameron.

Jeremy Cameron is an absolute freak.

Walker just takes a ridiculously strong mark and kicks the goal, simplicity which is unstoppable when he's hot finals or not, he nearly killed us singlehandedly in the PF against us years back at Cameron's age and there was nothing we could do to stop him, so I'll take him. Would get more goals if he was in a team that had no other goalkickers like Cameron has for his career. Give him a solid non injury interrupted year with a preseason and he'll tear the comp apart just like in 2012.
I'd say otherwise if Cameron ever gets the playmaking knack that Buddy/Roughead always had, he's essentially a Roughead doesn't get the pill, tackle, or play multiple positions. Or use the ball well. Err basically a one dimensional Roughead. Which is still really good mind at his age mind, Roughead's stats in 2007 (same age) are actually pretty similar as I suspected.

Would like to wait until the end of this season for this poll. Cameron was nothing flash last year so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt with his injuries. See how he goes this season because he was good in 2013.
Anyway I voted Walker:)

Back