Retired Tom Boyd (#981)

Under the deal, which was finalised Griffen and the Dogs' first pick, No.6, goes to the Giants in return for Boyd.

Boyd has been offered a deal believed to be six years and in excess of $6 million. Griffen has a four-year deal with the Giants.

530575-393ea3ac-5831-11e4-a9cd-a4f9913bad66.jpg

Games: 9
Born: August 22, 1995
Height: 201cm
Weight: 102kg
Position: Forward
Last Drafted: Round 1, Pick #1 2013 National Draft
Last Drafted By: GWS Giants

Tom Boyd entered the 2014 trade period with just nine senior games under his belt, but emerged less than two weeks later near the top of the AFL's rich list.
The 2013 No.1 pick joined the Western Bulldogs on a seven-year contract understood to be worth about $7 million.

It's a staggering show of faith in an unproven 19-year-old, but the Bulldogs needed to salvage something after captain Ryan Griffen walked out on the club and requested a trade to GWS.

GWS say that they have no hard feelings for Tom Boyd despite the No.1 draft pick leaving the club after only one season.
"Tom stated that he wanted to go home and probably didn't want to be a part of what this club is actually building," GWS coach Leon Cameron said.

"We wish Tom all the best, he's a fantastic young kid and he's going to be a very, very good player for that footy club."

Last edited:

giblj

Cancelled
Nov 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Toby McLean just said on twitter that Boyd is #17

edit: Think the club made him delete the tweet as well as the one about his own number haha

Last edited:

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Still puts a big grin on my face every time I see something like this. He's ours! :)
Boyd SC.PNG

Dazb86

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I am just wondering if he is worth the money ...o_O
BTW not a troll

Early stages but it looks like he will be.

Has created plenty of goals this year. More so than anyone else on the list. Unless you watch the Dogs every week you probably won't notice it because bringing the ball to ground doesn't get put on the stat sheet.

Aug 24, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Early stages but it looks like he will be.

Has created plenty of goals this year. More so than anyone else on the list. Unless you watch the Dogs every week you probably won't notice it because bringing the ball to ground doesn't get put on the stat sheet.
Exactly this...

Not_Oliver

Draftee
Aug 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Kicked 15 goals in 3 games in vfl and redpath didn't do too well against north so I hope to see him return against brisbane

Back