Doping Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't believe Ligget last night, Well if Froome has denied doping then thats enough for me. FFS didn't Armstrong deny doping. Also he goes onto talk about Armstrong, he shouldn't be talking about Armstrong at any stage. Ligget is a biased flog.

So, I know not that much about cycling. However, usually, isn't there a sort of trade off between the riders - what I mean is some do better on some days, others do well on others. Froome has so far dominated the mountain stages, never seeming to be very likely to crack. Whereas, say in 2011, the Schlecks would attack, on some days, and Contador near the end etc. Whereas this tour it seems like Froome is just better than everyone on every climb (as well as TTs), and he (and usually Porte), just raise the speed of the group of elite climbers, until they all can't keep up, and then Froome attacks, smashing everyone. This is what makes it suspect to me. Is this sort of understanding right?

So, I know not that much about cycling. However, usually, isn't there a sort of trade off between the riders - what I mean is some do better on some days, others do well on others. Froome has so far dominated the mountain stages, never seeming to be very likely to crack. Whereas, say in 2011, the Schlecks would attack, on some days, and Contador near the end etc. Whereas this tour it seems like Froome is just better than everyone on every climb (as well as TTs), and he (and usually Porte), just raise the speed of the group of elite climbers, until they all can't keep up, and then Froome attacks, smashing everyone. This is what makes it suspect to me. Is this sort of understanding right?

His times are being compared to known dopers and are either equal or better.

His power output is very high for his weight.

It's not about who he is smashing. He's smashing the stopwatch.

Yes, I know, however, when was the last time someone was this dominant across basically every single stage?

I've only been watching for 5-6 years and nobody has ever dominated every mountain stage like Froome does.

Lance was winning the tour by 6-7 minutes but not even he would smash the field on every mountain.

I've only been watching for 5-6 years and nobody has ever dominated every mountain stage like Froome does.

Lance was winning the tour by 6-7 minutes but not even he would smash the field on every mountain.

the difference with Armstrong was everyone else in the field was also doped up to the eyeballs. Froome is going over the top, thats the issue. He is flagrantly doping.

Yes, I know, however, when was the last time someone was this dominant across basically every single stage?
Contador in the 2011 Giro absolutely smashed everyone. Most one sided GT I remember.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/jul/18/team-sky-chris-froome-data

Winning the Tour is one thing, but convincing a sceptical sector of the cycling media and public that it is being done ethically is proving harder for Team Sky. That challenge has prompted Dave Brailsford to make another attempt to prove his team are above board by providing the newspaper l'Equipe with all the climbing data Chris Froome has produced in the past two years: 18 ascensions dating back to the Vuelta a Espana in 2011, when the Kenyan-born Briton made his big breakthrough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just my opinion but they are all doping, every last one of them. Froome is just better/better at it.
Team Sky are better at it*

Richie Porte is surely on the same gear...

Oh, so you think he did crack or not? Depleting his energy stores would certainly have made a difference.

I don't think he was in as much difficulty as he made out. Remember he'd already dropped Contador and ended up beating him by over a minute. Certainly the side show where he sent Porte back for food was totally unnecessary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back