Doping Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure about Bolt, only because he seems physically different to almost every other sprinter today. They usually seem small and quite muscular whereas he is obviously taller and doesn't seem to have as much muscle mass. Maybe the reason he is better than everyone else is that he takes bigger steps and covers a lot more ground per stride than the others.

Not saying he is not a doper, perhaps a bit less skeptical about him than others.

don't be fooled by the longer limbs and height. dude is packed with muscle.

Cycling is simply much better with EPO.

It's either see guys struggling or remove all those mountain stages.

At least this way it's a known factor and teams that have the best "sports science" which basically means "masking drugs" are going to be getting an edge.

If you take the masking drug advantage away you can close the gap to Sky.

Yeah - Nah.

If you have mountains and no drugs you get lots of changes in yellow jersey as you can't keep on backing up every day and you have lots of attacks on the yellow jersey holder. It actually would make for a more interesting race.

Allowing doping is not a good idea. It is so dangerous, ie Kim Kirchen's heart attack or Ricco getting a transfusion of the wrong blood type. It also doesn't make the sport better.

Ferarri mastered micro dosing of EPO. Plenty have mastered taking steroids with apart from roid rage issues, have avoided health issues. Look at Arnie he is a very healthy 66 year old.

If you have access to a good doctor you can take drugs and minimise the adverse effects on your healthy. Its the poor donkeys who do anything to keep up and don't have access to good doctors who do damage to themselves.

There were stages during the late 90s where teams had to get hooked up to heart monitors attached to alarms while they slept because of the amount of EPO they took, their blood got so thick that at stages the heart became unable to pump it around the body.

If the alarm went off, they would have to be rushed onto a stationary bike to start their blood pumping properly again.

EPO is not safe.

I have no idea if CERA or whatever the current generation of EPO is any different though.

so zabel came foward in 2007 an said he only doped for a year now claims well actually i did it for years..
hope they take the green jerseys off him, but i see one key aussie ex sprinter is very quiet? if it comes out he doped in the past faith in cycling is goneeeeeeeeeeeeee

so zabel came foward in 2007 an said he only doped for a year now claims well actually i did it for years..
hope they take the green jerseys off him, but i see one key aussie ex sprinter is very quiet? if it comes out he doped in the past faith in cycling is goneeeeeeeeeeeeee

O'Grady was runner-up to Zabel 3 years in a row for the Green Jersey. So they get awarded to him, right?:)

The most interesting thing to come out in recent weeks (not especially cycling-related) is the report into West German doping from the 50s. It was state-sanctioned and not done just because the East Germans were doing it - they were running in parallel. And not just Track and Field. Soccer. Cycling. Everything. So far the report is being sat on for 'privacy' reasons - but it will get out.

I'm sticking with the U12s. But no Red Snakes! - only orange, yellow and green.

Can't find a link but Jan came out during the week and declared Lance should not have been stripped, that they were all on it and therefore he should still be the winner. Is it wrong i kind of agree with him?

The biggest problem with Armstrong was how aggressive he was when people suggested he was doping. If he'd just kept quiet and been a bit less of a prick I think alot more people would have sympathy for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The biggest problem with Armstrong was how aggressive he was when people suggested he was doping. If he'd just kept quiet and been a bit less of a prick I think alot more people would have sympathy for him.

Absolutley, the guy is a scumbag, but thats not my point. If the bloke who came second to him is saying you may as well leave the titles with him who are we to argue...

What about the guy who came 10th and wasn't doping? How does he feel? Just because a lot of people cheat doesn't make it right........................

the problem is on the evidence so far, even the 20th person in the race was on the juice. Its like saying a professional bodybuilder isn't on steroids. just doesn't happen.

the problem is on the evidence so far, even the 20th person in the race was on the juice. Its like saying a professional bodybuilder isn't on steroids. just doesn't happen.

Good chance anyone not on dope in that tour get dropped on the first day or actually watched their lungs blow up, keeping up with the peloton... the back of the peloton.

Allowing doping is not a good idea. It is so dangerous, ie Kim Kirchen's heart attack or Ricco getting a transfusion of the wrong blood type. It also doesn't make the sport better.

100,000 of people die every year from diseases related from alcohol &/or tobacco abuse, yet a few athletes die from PED's & all hell breaks loose.
So we should have rules in regards to what athletes put into their bodies but no rules for how many beers & cigarettes the average Joe can have a day?
PED's are illegal yet alcohol & cigarettes decrease performance yet are legal, go figure!

100,000 of people die every year from diseases related from alcohol &/or tobacco abuse, yet a few athletes die from PED's & all hell breaks loose.
So we should have rules in regards to what athletes put into their bodies but no rules for how many beers & cigarettes the average Joe can have a day?
PED's are illegal yet alcohol & cigarettes decrease performance yet are legal, go figure!
The 2 circumstances are completely different. Nobody gets told that they have to be sloshed to perform their job. It is ridiculous to ask an athlete to risk their life to be able to properly compete.

The 2 circumstances are completely different. Nobody gets told that they have to be sloshed to perform their job. It is ridiculous to ask an athlete to risk their life to be able to properly compete.

Aren't the riders risking there life travelling at high speeds down mountains.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back