TD's 2015 Random Footy Thoughts Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

TradeDraft you will be happy to hear this

Had someone close to me spend a lot of time with Sandilands in Perth yesterday

They got talking about Ruckman and Sandi said Grundy was one of the harder blokes to play on said he has aggression which not many Rucks have these days and said give it 3 years he will be the best in the comp

He also said Witts will be very good as well and we might struggle to keep both

They got talking about Ruckman and Sandi said Grundy was one of the harder blokes to play on said he has aggression which not many Rucks have these days and said give it 3 years he will be the best in the comp

I don't think we'll struggle to keep both, if we play both in the same team and they (or even one) can show something up forward.

I don't think we'll struggle to keep both, if we play both in the same team and they (or even one) can show something up forward.

Who knows after the last couple years nothing will surprise me anymore when it comes to Collingwoods list management

It is an utter disgrace that the club is so happy to market their scalping of tickets based on a day that means so much to so many people. /QUOTE]
Agreed.
That's what has disappointed me the most.
Watching a clip on the website and it's preceded by a promo for Anzacday 3 game membership FFS.

Did he say Why - Money or Lack of Opportunities?

Just letting you know the Pies rip off their fans. An upcoming "Gabba Road trip to Metricon" for gabba members includes tickets the "Skyline Terrace" to watch the Lions v Suns game is $80 per member (see below). Collingwood charge their fans $275 for the exact same privilege when they play the Suns at Metricon:

https://www.bwhospitality.com.au/Ca...gisterId=ab6d9751-e605-e111-b66d-00155d050902
vs.
Gabba Members:
Metricon Road Trip
Bookings for the increasingly popular Metricon Road Trip are now open.
Join us in the Skyline Terrace to watch the Gold Coast Suns take on the visiting Brisbane Lions on Saturday 2 May with first bounce at 4:35 pm.
Start proceedings with a BBQ from 4:30pm including a two hour drinks package.
The package price for Gabba Member card holders and Gabba Member Guest card holders is only $80 and includes your premium ticket for the match, BBQ and drinks.
If by rip off you mean charge more, yes they clearly do.
They do it because they can as they know we, (those that can afford it) will attend.
No-one is forced to pay, I'm going to the game but steering clear of that 'cos it's too expensive.
It's called leveraging your supporter base and ensures our on-going viability.

Similar how the leverage those Anzac Day tickets…! Seems to be a common thread coming through…

and That shows the Club looks after the Coperates and Does nothing for the Normal Fan/Member

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just letting you know the Pies rip off their fans. An upcoming "Gabba Road trip to Metricon" for gabba members includes tickets the "Skyline Terrace" to watch the Lions v Suns game is $80 per member (see below). Collingwood charge their fans $275 for the exact same privilege when they play the Suns at Metricon:

https://www.bwhospitality.com.au/Ca...gisterId=ab6d9751-e605-e111-b66d-00155d050902

vs.

Gabba Members:
Metricon Road Trip

Bookings for the increasingly popular Metricon Road Trip are now open.

Join us in the Skyline Terrace to watch the Gold Coast Suns take on the visiting Brisbane Lions on Saturday 2 May with first bounce at 4:35 pm.

Start proceedings with a BBQ from 4:30pm including a two hour drinks package.

The package price for Gabba Member card holders and Gabba Member Guest card holders is only $80 and includes your premium ticket for the match, BBQ and drinks.
Isn't the Gabba membership like MCC membership? Would there be many Collingwood fans/members that were Gabba members?

I don't have any problem with collingwood fans being charged more if this is the case

Similar how the "leverage" those Anzac Day tickets…! Seems to be a common thread coming through…

Buy a reserve seat membership for the whole season. Problem solved.

Peptipe Bummer fans are sooks.

In 3rd Qtr I was yelling at the Scumpies and Called them a Dickheads. Then a Security Guard told me not to call Scumps Dickheads and keep my Excitement down a bit.

WTF - I thought that was a Reason you come to the Footy

In 3rd Qtr I was yelling at the Scumpies and Called them a Dickheads. Then a Security Guard told me not to call Scumps Dickheads and keep my Excitement down a bit.

I love your passion dave but paying to go to the footy doesnt give you any more rights than any other civilian. Eg it is not appropriate to be yelling that someone is a dickhead in a public space.

All within reason though TD, you have remember to keep it bit civil as there are a lot of kids and families at the footy. Swearing and bad language isn't appropriate and there are many other ways of voicing your displeasure such as booing and the like but displaying excitement is OK.

I love your passion dave but paying to go to the footy doesnt give you any more rights than any other civilian. Eg it is not appropriate to be yelling that someone is a dickhead in a public space.

I know but The Problem is behind me at Home Games there is a guy that says in a Loud Voice F**k This and F**K That and he never gets in Trouble

I know but The Problem is behind me at Home Games there is a guy that says in a Loud Voice F**k This and F**K That and he never gets in Trouble
If you have a mobile. You can send a text to the anti social hotline they advertise at the game. People will come and tell him to settle down....just like you today

Well Dave, maybe you could just be the better man and set an example for him by watching your language - after all if he stuck his head in an oven would you???

(Can't believe I just channeled my parents!)

I never Swore today at all. I would not put Dickhead not even close to saying *

Remove this Banner Ad

Back