TD's 2015 Random Footy Thoughts Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the worst I seen the Media trying to stop a Trade.

They are trying the Absolute Best to try and Drive a Wedge Between Collingwood and GWS so this Trade would Fall Over and he Go Elsewhere.

SEN and the Herald Sun are the Biggest Trouble Makers. Yes the Witch Caro tired to get him to Richmond but She has been quiet now.

Quite Pathetic by the Media and I lost all Respect for them
The media is not trying to stop the trade. The media are trying to get more hits on their webpages. Posting tripe stories about Collingwood achieves that.

Most media outlets couldn't give two shits about where Treloar and Aish end up, as long as it translates to $$$ for them.

You know you don't have to read or pay any attention to it yeah?

They are trying the Absolute Best to try and Drive a Wedge Between Collingwood and GWS so this Trade would Fall Over and he Go Elsewhere.

SEN and the Herald Sun are the Biggest Trouble Makers. Yes the Witch Caro tired to get him to Richmond but She has been quiet now.

This is actually why the media play these issue up - it gets lots and lots of people talking and let's face it there are so many Pies supporters.

We are a victim of our own popularity so no big deal.

The trade will go through don't worry about that and it's why you've not heard even a sound coming from Collingwood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worse Thing about Trade Period.

There are so many Different Rumors that you don't know who to Believe or not

Wouldn't worry about it Dave ...

... Worst case scenario with Teloar, we don't get him and instead pick up an exiting young first round draft pick in this year and next year's draft.

... Worst case scenario with Aish is we get to keep Oxley, which I'm not adverse to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem for the media, is that journos who just reports the facts is often accused of being boring.

Nobody likes boring media, so they like to add a bit of drama.

People like drama (eventhough they may deny it)

Let me put it this way ...

... Imagine if the media collectively decided "Look, trade period is just a bunch of middle age men chatting and eating canapés, and they never tell us what they're really talking about - so no point reporting on it. We'll just report the facts at the end of trade period about who went where after all the deals are done" ...

... Would that be better?

The problem for the media, is that journos who just reports the facts is often accused of being boring.

Nobody likes boring media, so they like to add a bit of drama.

People like drama (eventhough they may deny it)

Let me put it this way ...

... Imagine if the media collectively decided "Look, trade period is just a bunch of middle age men chatting and eating canapés, and they never tell us what they're really talking about - so no point reporting on it. We'll just report the facts at the end of trade period about who went where after all the deals are done" ...

... Would that be better?
I'd go one step further
Negativity sells better than positivity

"We are all doomed" would outsell "Today is a wonderful day" by about 10 to 1

The media is not trying to stop the trade. The media are trying to get more hits on their webpages. Posting tripe stories about Collingwood achieves that.

Most media outlets couldn't give two shits about where Treloar and Aish end up, as long as it translates to $$$ for them.
Correct!
Ifs all about sales.
But for what its worth most good clubs dont care about media stories they only crae about what their club can achieve. End

Imagine if a campaigner like Robbo ranted about your work performance everyday?
Would not like it.

I guess id call security and ask to kindly remove the intoxicated interloper ;)

TRELOAR TRADE WILL DRIVE ME TO THE NUT HOUSE.

IT ALWAYS BEEN TOMMOROW THE TRADE WILL HAPPEN THEN IT DOES NOT AND DIFFERENT STORY COMES OUT.

MEDIA WILL SEND ME TO THE FUNNY FARM

TRELOAR TRADE WILL DRIVE ME TO THE NUT HOUSE.

IT ALWAYS BEEN TOMMOROW THE TRADE WILL HAPPEN THEN IT DOES NOT AND DIFFERENT STORY COMES OUT.

MEDIA WILL SEND ME TO THE FUNNY FARM
Dave there won't be a catastrophe.

Treloar will happen. The delay is simply that we want to optimise our GWS second pick.

Presume the trade will happen at 1.30pm Thursday. Anything earlier is a bonus.

This is how I feel about the Trade Period so Far:

Haha, classic!

That aside, it'll all get done mate, Pies are very good at getting deals done these days. Don't you remember every other year when big deals always took until the last day? It'll be the same again next year :)

Haha, classic!

That aside, it'll all get done mate, Pies are very good at getting deals done these days. Don't you remember every other year when big deals always took until the last day? It'll be the same again next year :)

I know but I just can't be 100% Sure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back