Opinion Tradedraft's Thoughts for 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Words can't describe about some of the crap I've read since Australia Day about our people. Sad that I have to come on here and see s**t too.

Words can't describe about some of the crap I've read since Australia Day about our people. Sad that I have to come on here and see s**t too.

You are perpetuating racial hatred and divide from the actions of people who died hundreds of years ago when the world was very obviously a different place.

You have no link to any injustice yourself. I think you will find most of the world has been taken over at some point in history and it happened that long ago that it's not worth inciting further hatred and bigotry.

Australia Day is about celebrating all us equals whether you have been here 25,000 years or 1 year and particularly if it's white people trying to hijack the day over something that happened 228 years ago is just pathetic, outrageous and offensive.

You are perpetuating racial hatred and divide from the actions of people who died hundreds of years ago when the world was very obviously a different place.

You have no link to any injustice yourself. I think you will find most of the world has been taken over at some point in history and it happened that long ago that it's not worth inciting further hatred and bigotry.

Australia Day is about celebrating all us equals whether you have been here 25,000 years or 1 year and particularly if it's white people trying to hijack the day over something that happened 228 years ago is just pathetic, outrageous and offensive.

What you fail to acknowledge is that those actions have consequences that affect many people still today.

Take your shirt off

latest

Just another case of an uneducated person that knows nothing. Such a arrogant post and seriously pathetic.

You know nothing mate. Firstly when to use the word 'an' and secondly do you even know what the First Fleet consisted of?

750 convicts, both male and female, their children, and marines and ship crew and their children.

They didn't come over here and slaughter anyone. It's an absolute disgrace to link the European settlement of Australia to the Nazi holocaust as one poster did.

What you fail to acknowledge is that those actions have consequences that affect many people still today.

How? I would like to live off the land, build a little shack for myself and go fishing and hunting every day but that is a lifestyle of centuries ago and none of us can do that so the Aboriginals aren't alone on that front... how are they any worse off than us? My ancestors got kicked off their land 150 years ago through religious intolerance and famine so that's even worse but you don't see us complaining.

How? I would like to live off the land, build a little shack for myself and go fishing and hunting every day but that is a lifestyle of centuries ago and none of us can do that so the Aboriginals aren't alone on that front... how are they any worse off than us? My ancestors got kicked off their land 150 years ago through religious intolerance and famine so that's even worse but you don't see us complaining.

Did thousands of your ancestors getting raped and murdered?

How? I would like to live off the land, build a little shack for myself and go fishing and hunting every day but that is a lifestyle of centuries ago and none of us can do that so the Aboriginals aren't alone on that front...

Living off the land is slightly more complex than just living in a shack and going fishing. You're clearly uneducated on this matter so I'd suggest you stop making assumptions.

how are they any worse off than us?

They're only going going live ten years less than most, be poorer than most, more likely to get diabetes and die of diseases such as cancer more likely.

My ancestors got kicked off their land 150 years ago through religious intolerance and famine so that's even worse but you don't see us complaining.

Allot worse? its the same thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get stuffed.

That isn't an answer Jmac, that's just sad ramblings when you have no answer.

Herp Derp Beer is great, drink beer kids... only slaughters thousands of Australias per year and leaves ten times that amount in hospital.

Do you want your daughters to develop the same attitude you have towards alcohol? Is it appropriate you advertise it so much on a family friendly site? Female's in bikini's are banned so that seems to be an interesting double standard.

Last edited:
Why I never...

You can't debate in here without people losing their s**t and abusing you.

It's the Bigfooty way mate.

Being unable to move on from crimes against strangers 300 years ago will get us absolutely no where, and actively trying to stop other people from celebrating Australia day because of that reason will only serve to divide Australia and create tension between groups.

At the end of the day if you can't move on because people with your skin colour were killed hundreds of years ago you need to seek therapy because it's not a healthy way to live, it serves no positive purpose.

The rest of us should be thankful for the fantastic modern Australia we live in... and glad we have so many more opportunities and wealth than people who live in most of Asia/Africa/South America/The middle East ect

Sir Lothie makes a lot of good points (apart from his apparent reluctance to accept Aboriginals were killed in the early settler days, maybe I've misinterpreted though) but people are too busy trying to tow the politically correct line they can't see it.

Last edited:
That lifestyle while uncommon is still possible today. Off grid and sustainable living is becoming more in vogue, but to do so without a job would likely mean distancing oneself from society.

That lifestyle while uncommon is still possible today. Off grid and sustainable living is becoming more in vogue, but to do so without a job would likely mean distancing oneself from society.
As an individual. Possible. As an group, a tribe or even as civilization? Nope.
Not in the modern world and that ended centuries ago. Remarkable that they managed to live in isolation for so long but the world has finally caught up with them. Whether it is good or bad, people can decide for themselves. Certainly not good in the way it happened but those were different days from now. Or so I would think

There's already good conversation regarding this going on here

Don't let this conversation descend again into personal attacks and remain respectful of each others views and position.
Thanks for that.
Now more importantly :
TradeDraft The Mo looks good.why not a bit more handlebars and channel your inner Chopper?

You can't debate in here without people losing their s**t and abusing you.

It's the Bigfooty way mate.

Being unable to move on from crimes against strangers 300 years ago will get us absolutely no where, and actively trying to stop other people from celebrating Australia day because of that reason will only serve to divide Australia and create tension between groups.

At the end of the day if you can't move on because people with your skin colour were killed hundreds of years ago you need to seek therapy because it's not a healthy way to live, it serves no positive purpose.

The rest of us should be thankful for the fantastic modern Australia we live in... and glad we have so many more opportunities and wealth than people who live in most of Asia/Africa/South America/The middle East ect

Sir Lothie makes a lot of good points (apart from his apparent reluctance to accept Aboriginals were killed in the early settler days, maybe I've misinterpreted though) but people are too busy trying to tow the politically correct line they can't see it.

I can't find anything to suggest the British came here and systematically attempted to wipe out the natives. I can see evidence they turned a blind eye to pastoralists killing them into retribution or in warfare against angry indigenous people but to suggest some sort of indiscriminate genocide took place akin to the holocaust is way off the mark.

Just another case of an uneducated person that knows nothing. Such a arrogant post and seriously pathetic.

Can you put up Proof that what he is saying is 100% False and he is Talking Crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back