Teaching Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Under the current Collect Bargaining Agreement - contract teachers are required to be given 30 hours a year of professional learning. Schools give students the day off to allow teachers that opportunity to do further T&D

That's something like 6 a year.

I used to have teachers free day. More than 6 a year.

Yes, I am a teacher.

Education has changed dramatically since you were in primary or high school. Your attitude is wrong.

That it has. The performance of Australian students has declined at all levels over the last 10 years.

You being a teacher (which doesn't surprise me by the way) has probably clouded your judgement about my attitude.
I bet you mix socially with teachers yeah?

That it has. The performance of Australian students has declined at all levels over the last 10 years.

You being a teacher (which doesn't surprise me by the way) has probably clouded your judgement about my attitude.

My friendship group encompass a plethora of occupations, not just teachers. But yes, I have a number of friends who are in the same occupation.

I have a very strong understanding of why the previous generations have a negative outlook on teachers and education. As part of my Research Project last year was trying to find alternative ways to engage students in education and engage them with a pathway that suits them.

BTW - you don't have the right to pass judgement on my personality based on my posting. You don't know me. I view everyone here as an equal or posting colleague. Unlike at work, where they are children.

I can differentiate the two places.

You are not one of my students, so I will not sugar coat my views on particular subjects or use a 'positive - negative - positive' type strategy to communicate anything you have done wrong. If you can not handle someone with assertive, domineering or confrontational, you are in the wrong place as we should all be adults.

BTW - you don't have the right to pass judgement on my personality based on my posting. You don't know me. I view everyone here as an equal or posting colleague. Unlike at work, where they are children.

I can differentiate the two places.

You are not one of my students, so I will not sugar coat my views on particular subjects or use a 'positive - negative - positive' type strategy to communicate anything you have done wrong. If you can not handle someone with assertive, domineering or confrontational, you are in the wrong place as we should all be adults.

Well done.
Nice teaching - you've proven my point #107
Now settle petal.:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back