"Team of the millennium... 3 flags and counting"

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I liked the tweet from the Lions, welcoming Hawks to the exclusive 3peat club.

Something along those lines Crawb.....so that we don't look like sore losers. We need to stay classy.

No doubting at all that the Hawks have done a remarkable job to achieve what they have.

Lets welcome them up to our level;)

I don't care what anyone says. Schoenmakers, Suckling, Stratton, Frawley, McEvoy all don't get games for our 3-peat, especially in 01-02.
Think you could name a few more as well.

Brettles

Debutant
Jan 22, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Never been a fan of comparisons between historical sides in any code/sport - that said I have to say that the hawks deserve everything that they have achieved, without doubt an incredibly skilled side. Any posturing between lions/cats/hawks fans is a redundant exercise in my option and I'll leave it for the media.

Never been a fan of comparisons between historical sides in any code/sport

Me either, because it's obvious the Lions were better. ;)

Hirsty23

Team Captain
Apr 26, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I
Think you could name a few more as well.
That was just off the top of my head! In all seriousness congrats to the Hawks, wonderful achievement but I just don't think they carry the same aura that we did, that's my opinion.

Leemas

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If anyone actually thinks the Hawthorne team is as good or better than the lions era they're on some seriously good s**t. The competition is the weakest it's been in a very long time, especially in the top echelon of the competion. Good achievement but geelong, Brisbane,Essendon and even west coast premiership teams are better

Jman78

Team Captain
Aug 16, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Geez I think there are some really bad sports here. So the Hawks matched our premiership team..... who cares. Both teams are great, and we have both had great times as supporters.

Full kudos to the Hawks, well done. The way they demand the best from each other, trust each other, and control the tempo and therefore force teams to play a ceratin way is incredible.

On a serious note my thinking would just be changing it to "Back to back to back". That's only one club.
I like this. It has a nice ring to it for some reason.

Schache It Off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Taylor Swift
We are the team of the millennium.

We had to go through homesickness, less resources than the average Vic club, anti Victorian agendas thrown at us by the likes of Eddie Maguire etc.

We have had to go through so much more s**t than Hawthorn, we are way better than those cheats. They had a diluted talent pool due to expansion clubs along with favorable umpiring and free agency....Oh let's not forget the lack of the go home factor for many.

Crawb

Norm Smith Medallist
SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Aug 11, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I liked the tweet from the Lions, welcoming Hawks to the exclusive 3peat club.

Something along those lines Crawb.....so that we don't look like sore losers. We need to stay classy.

No doubting at all that the Hawks have done a remarkable job to achieve what they have.

Lets welcome them up to our level;)
It wasn't a serious post...the thread is clearly meant to be light hearted...

DaZorko

Team Captain
Aug 26, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Your all forgetting, they didnt beat us at the Gabba during this era. Beat anyone anywhere bring it.

Back