4. Smith
5 De Villers
6. Mahmulldah
7. Maxwell
8. Riaz
9. Starc
10. Tahir
11. Boult

The last 2 picked were Dilshan and Maxwell. The spinner was a toss up between Tahir and Vettori. The rest in my opinion pciked themselves. Can't believe no love for the man with one name from Bangledesh.

Sanga the player of the torunament for mine

This is the official team of the world cup

Martin Guptill (New Zealand)
Brendon McCullum (New Zealand (captain)
Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka) (wicketkeeper)
Steven Smith (Australia)
AB de Villiers (South Africa)
Glenn Maxwell (Australia)
Corey Anderson (New Zealand)
Daniel Vettori (New Zealand)
Mitchell Starc (Australia)
Trent Boult (New Zealand)
Morne Morkel (South Africa)
Brendan Taylor (Zimbabwe) (12th man)

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/icc-...tralia-south-africa-india-zimbabwe/2015-03-30

Don't agree with it entirely, thought Dhawan should be in as an opener, and Either Shami or Riaz in ahead of Morkel.

WC Final has probably convinced me to take Corey Anderson out of my side and slot Smith in at 4. For mine it's a toss up between Dhawan and Dilshan for the second opening slot with Guptill taking the other one. Don't think McCullum should be near the side.

Dhawan
Guptill
Sangakkara (+)
Smith
Taylor
de Villiers (c)
Maxwell
Vettori
Starc
Davey
Boult

Davey's a bit of a left field selection, but has the 2nd best wickets/match in the tournament and second best strike rate of the top 10 wicket takers.

Went for 6.22 an over though whilst most of the other top bowlers when for under 5, let alone 6. Is nowhere near a team of the WC for mine.
Harsh. His fantastic strike rate and wicket taking ability more than makes up for that.

I wouldn't have Davey in my team, but he'd be a lot closer than people would think. He had a cracker of a tournament and so much harder for an individual associate player to stand out given the lack of support around him. Clearly the best performed Associate player in the tournament.

Does it? Picked up wickets but I honestly can't remember him bowling a game changing spell or turning a match. From what I remember his wickets were mostly a consequence of batsmen looking to attack him.
His game vs Afghanistan was excellent, as was his game vs England, even though he went for a few.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back