Telstra AFL Live Official App & Pricing

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone actually tried asking Telstra for a refund?
I had dramas using it during this years NAB cup and I was still on last years yearly subscription. It said I wasn't subscribed. After many complaint ph calls to Telstra and telling them I was going to the TIO I was given a $50 refund which basically covered last years fee.

What a joke.
Watching the Cats v Blues and every time there is a freeze or delay I get the Mitre 10 Mighty Helpful Ad. It's happened at least 20 times in the first half and I have a super fast broadband connection and the latest iPad.
Nothing would make me want to visit Bunnings more than seeing Mitre 10 every time I get shitty service!
Anyone interested in a joint effort to contact Mitre 10's PR people and voice our disapproval regarding the pathetic nature of the app.
Perhaps nothing speaks louder than the advertiser's $$$
If the AFL got a call from Mitre 10 maybe they would put some proper resources into this.
Cheers,
Al
PS this is the official email for the app
I'll call Mitre 10 on Monday and find out the best contact I can for the person who is responsible for advertising on the app. I'll post the email here too if anyone else is keen to get on board. Even if they heard from 50 people, they know that means many thousands are out there who just don't write in.
PPS I watched last year with afl.livesport.tv/ and a vpn, but they are not broadcasting this year unfortunately.

My iphone declared today that there was an update. I installed it - fine.

Went back to the Android tablet that didn't work last week and installed the new version. The free part of it seems to work now - score updates, worms, radio etc.

I have cancelled the iPhone subscription, and will subscribe next weekend on the tablet. I shall do it per month now, works out cheaper on the monthly rate from say 20 April through to 20 September is only 5 months ~ $75 dollars. The finals will all be on FTA anyway.

Last year it was great and this year it's garbage.

I can't even watch any of the games today. It just keeps saying information is not currently available. Pull to refresh.

Can't even see the scores.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the same 10 secs of play. Nathan jones being tackled then it freezes. Restart app same vision and pause

So I'm not the only one then. Really tired of such a poor service. Apart from complaining to the TIO fee like calling a few footy call back lines on the radio to tell everyone how bad the service is. Who's with me?

Has anyone managed to connect the app to TV using a HDMI adapter? It all works fine until i actually click into the video and then all i get is audio.

Today's viewing on the NRL app, league fans not happy.

BKiTbK3CcAAXiRp.jpg

Anyone else had issues with radio streaming on Android devices in the last couple of weeks. Used to be ok but has been useless the last couple of weeks. Get an "Audio is playing" message but just dead air.

I noticed SEN was streaming through tunein at the start of the season but that has been cut off now, and is back to the looped message same as last year. So now most of the time there is no way to listen to many games. Sucks man

Well, some good news to report. I opened the app to watch some of Geelong vs GWS, and found that they are finally streaming the full 16:9 picture to my 16:9 iPhone 5. It looks much, much better now. If they'd just add an option watch on a minute or two delay so it can buffer a little and not s**t itself when watching on 3G in a bus or car when you go from one cell tower to the next. A step in the right direction, anyhow.

Anyone else had issues with radio streaming on Android devices in the last couple of weeks. Used to be ok but has been useless the last couple of weeks. Get an "Audio is playing" message but just dead air.

I noticed SEN was streaming through tunein at the start of the season but that has been cut off now, and is back to the looped message same as last year. So now most of the time there is no way to listen to many games. Sucks man

Yep, the streams for Android aren't working anymore or very hap-hazardly.

Even at the beginning of the year, the first station would work and if I changed stations, I then had to pause and un-pause the app for it to start playing.

But the last few weeks have been rubbish. I tried to listen to Carl v GWS via 3G and nothing would play. I changed to Ade v Freo and all I could get was 5MMM. None of the other stations worked.

I emailed them and they responded and told me they had a temp outage during the Carl game...

So on Monday, I attempted to listen to Mel v Coll and nothing would connect. I ended up searching the internet for the direct mms links and typed one into TuneIn and it was working.

I can't get the audio links on the AFL app to work at all recently but connecting my android phone to the AFL mobile site works better. I can at least get a choice of what player I want the link to play in. The ability of the AFL to offer such a consistently crap on-line service over more than a decade is now a source of wonderment to me. I'm almost impressed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back