Lo, there do I see my captains
And my teammates young and old
Lo, there do I see the cheer squad
Back to the beginning!

Lo, do they call to me
They bid me take my place among them,
In the halls of Moorabbin!
Where the brave may live forever.

2014 should just be a season long celebration of Lenny Hayes.

yes, thats what we should do get the club on board 2014 a season to reember with Lenny hayes. (i am sure he would be embarrassed, )

Different take on an old Viking song -

Lo, there do I see my coaches
Lo, there do I see my captains
And my teammates young and old
Lo, there do I see the cheer squad
Back to the beginning!

Lo, do they call to me
They bid me take my place among them,
In the halls of Moorabbin!
Where the brave may live forever.

2014 should just be a season long celebration of Lenny Hayes.

Quoting 13th Warrior? Outstanding :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I don't think there is much, if anything at all, to worry about there.
Same. It's the kind issue that could stop a person from getting drafted, but I am sure the Saints have done their homework and if they were happy to take Eli, it shouldn't be an issue going forward. Now he just needs to keep himself injury free and reach his potential :thumbsu:

Eli is a great pick in my mind for the saints. He's Medium midfielder with excellent endurance and clean hands. Rarely fumbles and makes smart decisions when executing by hand or foot. Runs hard to receive and can win the ball and i see him as a Leigh Montagna type and could be the steal of the draft so hope you like my post and hope the tassie boy makes it.

Eli is a great pick in my mind for the saints. He's Medium midfielder with excellent endurance and clean hands. Rarely fumbles and makes smart decisions when executing by hand or foot. Runs hard to receive and can win the ball and i see him as a Leigh Montagna type and could be the steal of the draft so hope you like my post and hope the tassie boy makes it.

Yes,

while most of us were pleased with the 3x top 20 picks we had in the main draft,

(All those picks seemed to be earmarked for mids)

getting Eli leaves us supporters with the 'view' that we ended up with 4x quality young mids with much potential,

who hopefully all eventually can have an impact on AFL in the years to come,

So, quite chuffed, :thumbsu:

So can somebody fill me in about the reason why Templeton apparently wasn't drafted in ND? I haven't heard a thing. I believe hes a great get on top of Billings/Dunstan/Acres.

So can somebody fill me in about the reason why Templeton apparently wasn't drafted in ND? I haven't heard a thing. I believe hes a great get on top of Billings/Dunstan/Acres.
Apparently had "off field" problems, absolutely no idea if it has any truth or not. I only seen someone say on the Gold Coast board once we drafted him about these "problems".

Apparently had "off field" problems, absolutely no idea if it has any truth or not. I only seen someone say on the Gold Coast board once we drafted him about these "problems".

What thread was it under? I'm curious to find out because I've never heard anything about these problems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said earlier in the thread, from what I've been told of why the other clubs were scared off him it was a mountain made out of a molehill and if what I was told was all it was, then it is nothing at all to worry about.

Thanks! I'm sure club wouldn't have drafted him if it were a problem.
This. We put character way up there these days and really look deeply into that before we draft anyone, so Eli wouldn't have been any different.
Easy rumour to start with hair like that!
What I was told was nothing along those lines and I think he was just guessing with that, nothing more, nothing less.

We all know it, and we just haven't said it. He was getting high on hairspray every morning, and got to like the feeling.

He's switched to gel now. It was his Step 12.

Just say no, Eli.:thumbsu:

This. We put character way up there these days and really look deeply into that before we draft anyone, so Eli wouldn't have been any different. What I was told was nothing along those lines and I think he was just guessing with that, nothing more, nothing less.
Who that Jaegar guy with his stoner comment? He was joking about Eli's hair, pretty sure. Not even a stoner haircut imo, needs to dread it up a bit more for that. I am not even sure Eli's hair is common enough to have a stereotype yet :p

Who that Jaegar guy with his stoner comment? He was joking about Eli's hair, pretty sure. Not even a stoner haircut imo, needs to dread it up a bit more for that. I am not even sure Eli's hair is common enough to have a stereotype yet :p

I have no idea what the supposed incident involves but he is way too fit to be a stoner. Jeez there were some moronic and ill informed comments on that Suns board....:rolleyes:

Eli Templeton becomes a Saint
http://www.theadvocate.com.au/story/1937170/eli-templeton-becomes-a-saint/

35. Eli Templeton (182cm, 67kg midfielder - Burnie)

In my opinion, the best player out of Tasmania this year is Eli Templeton. A couple of others may have bigger profiles especially after the Combine, but I think he projects quite nicely as a midfielder and he has enough quality attributes to suggest he'll have a real impact. He is quite lightly framed, but he'll fill out over time and it isn't causing him too many issues playing senior football in Tasmania. Templeton will no doubt be compared to Dyson Heppell because of the similar hairstyles, but I do think they could follow similar career paths - start as an outside midfielder/flanker, and slowly over the years move into a more permanent midfield role. The one thing I really like with Templeton is what he does with the ball in his hands, he is a really creative user of the ball and more often than not he'll hit his target. Finding the ball isn't an issue for Eli either, consistently racking up 20+ touches. He also has the versatility to play as a rebounding defender, and knows where the goals are up forward too. Lots to like, and I do think he could end up as the best of the Taswegians long term.

Eli Templeton - Tas / 182cm / 67kg / ’95
Firstly this kids parents should be reported to DOCs for not feeding him. Seriously very talented young fella out of Tassie and am told he is a wonderful kid. Has been on the scene for Tas for sometime and remember thinking last year he must have been draft eligible then but alas was not to be. Terrific midfielder who has been a performer for a while. He has played most middle but he doesn’t have the body for that yet and I think will play state league footy for a while yet. Terrific endurance, great game sense, vision and makes good decisions. Beautiful user of it as well. The only knock on him is he has been used mostly as an outside type. Give him time and you might have a real good one here.

Why and who else: This kid has so much talent but he needs so much time.

The Champion Data Prospectus has his weight at 73kg and says the following:

At the 2013 U18 Champs he was Tasmania's third-highest ranked player and rated above average for a midfielder in inside 50s, score involvements and score assists. He also played two TAC cup games with Tasmania and averaged 25 disposals, 17 uncontested possessions, five tackles and one score assist per game. At the 2013 combine he recorded the fourth-best result in the beep test and the seventh-fastest time in the 3km time-trial.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back