Tennis Betting

Remove this Banner Ad

Djokovic was a pea hearted drama queen as you say, Murray abused the umpires and his box daily, Federer was rageoholic, Hewitt would have a go at anyone including his fans, Roddick wouldnt let a match go past without having a go at the umpires or reporters, Safin never stopped going off on people...

Some of them didnt even grow out of it, but who cares its great viewing

The difference is they all won slams.

Yeah he gets down on himself and can lose motivation sometimes but you dont stacks on a kid for that, he will grow out of it as he gets older and get mentally stronger like everyone does. But i mean guys let sets go similar to that all the time, usually later on but if they're down 5-1 and want to conserve energy they will sometimes let it go.
The fact that the media want to focus on that rather than the fact he nearly pulled his way out of it and was a bees dick from taking it to a 5th set is disgraceful

You are being way too generous - I have never seen a player quit like he did in that second set yesterday - it was pathetic.

You are also kidding yourself if you don't think J-Mac's outbursts weren't tactical - he was a master of timining when to lose the plot.

Yeah thats why i chose them. So its ok to do all those things so long as you win slams?

They were all acting like that long before they won slams too and it didnt seem to stop them

Yup - and I'm with A11 - Kyrgios won't get close. Bookmark it

You are being way too generous - I have never seen a player quit like he did in that second set yesterday - it was pathetic.

You are also kidding yourself if you don't think J-Mac's outbursts weren't tactical - he was a master of timining when to lose the plot.

Yeah getting himself kicked out of the Aus Open was a tactical stroke of genius...

There was nothing at all tactical about it he was just a hothead who went off all the time. Trying to make it out that it was just some orchestrated ploy is the biggest load of fan fiction crap

Yeah getting himself kicked out of the Aus Open was a tactical stroke of genius...

There was nothing at all tactical about it he was just a hothead who went off all the time. Trying to make it out that it was just some orchestrated ploy is the biggest load of fan fiction crap

LOL yes at the end of his career

If you don't think it wasn't tactical you have no clue.

He made the last 8 twice before turning 20. On the evidence already available its a terrible call

So you would take odds on him winning a grand slam? Might need to get Betfair to put a market up.

See Juan Martin Del Potro

So you would take odds on him winning a grand slam? Might need to get Betfair to put a market up.

See Juan Martin Del Potro

What about Del Potro? He won the US Open and has been crippled by injuries ever since

I would definitely take odds on him winning one if they were fair

What about Del Potro? He won the US Open and has been crippled by injuries ever since

AFter he won it I declared he'd never win another slam - hasn't been close.

Kyrgios will be the same

So at the end of his career he was just a hot head but all the times before that it was all tactical?

Come on...

No - I'm saying your laughably referencing a point in his career when he was washed up. It's totally irrelevant - as Kyrgio's career will be in the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Aus Open blow up was stupid because JM thought he had 4 violations up his sleeve but the rules had changed that summer to 3 violations and you're done.

Anyway, pointless argument, the media doesn't sway me on s**t, if you're a fan boi of Kyrgios good for you, but saying we should highlight how 'he was a bees dick away from taking to a fift set' is laughable. He gave away the second set . That was the story last night. 2-0 down in the second set after losing the first and he packs it in to prove a point to the umpire and what a way to do it :drunk:.. 'but he nearly took it to five sets after that, yea, he nearly did' :drunk::drunk:

We should be so proud after he quit in the second set, only someone with has the heart of a champion would 'nearly' take it to five sets after that. The country has clearly gone mad.

Last edited:
I'm with Jugada on this one. Can think of at least 10 times Djokovic gave up in his early career, he just went about it a different way by faking injury. Had everything from dodgy ankles to bird flu and multiple retirements. I made a point of not betting in any of his matches because chances of him tanking were so high.

Not saying Kyrgios will win multiple slams but no question he has the talent to do it. Problem is he's got through life on talent alone and the next 12-18 month will define his career as he tries to find the mental toughness and work ethic to go with it. He'll also have the Hewitt "window" as the stars fall off the cliff while he hits his prime.

Jury still out for me.

Split decision for mine. iluvparis had it in the bag early when Jugada was sticking up for Kyrgios, but some good late points from Jugada swung it back to be a pretty close race.

Has the talent to be the best, that's one thing we can agree upon.

If someone like Safin can win multiple Grand Slams, I'd be definitely backing Kyrgios in. Especially with Nadal and Fed in their twilight years.

Has anyone from SA, Vic, WA or NSW got the bonus bet refund from Luxbet on their set betting? I notice in the fine, fine print that these states are excluded but I've seen other sites give me bonus bets that exclude SA.

I had $100 on Sharapova 2-1 over Coco and it won so not sure yet if I will see a bonus bet. Backing up with Djoker in straight sets tonight.

Murray is paying more to win Wimbledon now than he was at the start of the tournament and he hasn't even dropped a set. Wtf?

He has dropped 2 sets

He was ridiculously short at the start of the tournament too knowing he at least had Federer and Djokovic back to back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back