Movie Terminator: Genisys

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you. Geez, that's an extraordinary list. I wonder if the quality of the script, story or ensuring no continuity errors etc made it into that 33 page contract. Clearly not.

Edit: not letting me quote a post for some reason.

Thank you. Geez, that's an extraordinary list. I wonder if the quality of the script, story or ensuring no continuity errors etc made it into that 33 page contract. Clearly not.

Edit: not letting me quote a post for some reason.
Reading that list last week was when I realised I'd chosen the wrong career in life.

Still think that T1 is the best movie in the franchise, it will never be topped.
It's like Alien and Aliens. T1 was an action flick, but it had the psychological edge to it. T2 was just a rip roaring action movie (bloody awesome one I can watch over and over, but it's not iconic like T1).

It's like Alien and Aliens. T1 was an action flick, but it had the psychological edge to it. T2 was just a rip roaring action movie (bloody awesome one I can watch over and over, but it's not iconic like T1).

I think that's unfair on T2. I also believe it's far more iconic than T1.

T1 was remarkable for what it was - a low budget action / sci-fi movie with brains. It changed the game a bit by telling the story on the run, thereby always having that tension that something was out there and could strike at any time. It also fit nicely as a compact movie in and of itself - you can watch it and feel satisfied without the need for a sequel. It's shortcomings (and they're really not that bad at all) come from the cheesiness in the love story ("Ah cerm acrerrss terrmm for youuu Sarah, I lerrrv you, Ah erlwers herrvv.")

What T2 did was take ideas that were started in the original and expand on them. T1 had the "change the past to change the future" concept, but still had an element of fate to it (with Reese becoming John's father and that whole crazy paradox). T2 brought in changing the present to stop the future. It removed that sense of finality - it changed from being about protection, to going on the attack. It also continued on Sarah Connor's progression from the first movie ("On your feet soldier!") to flat out badass, in the process making her feel much like the machines she so thoroughly despises - yet in the end, showing the difference between them.

Just because it was big budget and had incredible action sequences doesn't mean it was any dumber than the original.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what i read on an earlier article when the teaser trailer, this is set in an alternate universe, hence Sarah O'Connor being Kyle Reese saviour and what the most recent trailer released John O'connor being some kind of organic hybrid terminator.

Watched the trailer...
Confused_screaming.jpg

The scene that intrigues me the most is the glimpse at the end of the new/current Arnie taking on the 1984 version. Interesting.

But I hope it's not another case of showing the best scenes of the movie in the trailer itself (like pretty much every Transformers movie).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back