Society & Culture Terrible baby names

Remove this Banner Ad

Served this bogan looking family at work last night. The kids names as I heard them were 'Rider' (Or 'Ryder' both are stupid), 'Ody' no clue how to spell that, and 'Hunter'.

A trifecta of shitty names.
That reminds me of the bogan family I used to serve at my old job. The daughters' names were Shyla and Kalesha (which I knew from looking at the parents' tatts).

I overheard some guy at school say to his mate "I'm going to name my daughter Beatrice! And my son _____" (I don't remember the sons name, I was too busy laughing at the name Beatrice, but I'm guessing it would've been equally as stupid). Then he said "ahhh, my kids are going to build so much character from their names!"

LOLMFAO
Like the character they build from the bullying? Yeah. Ok.

Can this stuff be considered child cruelty? I think it should lmao. Poor kids.

Happy to be born with a common and 'normal' name such as Jack.

Nothing wrong with Beatrice :confused: Has made a bit of a comeback in recent times (possibly due to Princess Beatrice).

By the way, Jack has only been a 'normal' name quite recently. In previous generations nobody would have named their child Jack, it was nothing more than a diminutive for John.

Can we have a thread for good baby names?

I like Ariel and Atticus for a boy. Salome is a nice one for girls, Sophie is cute.

Can we have a thread for good baby names?

I like Ariel and Atticus for a boy. Salome is a nice one for girls, Sophie is cute.

Also, if I create the thread, how should I word it?

Awesome Baby Names?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Putting "Atticus" aside for a second, are you ******* serious here?
Uhh yeah.

STEINBERG%20Ariel.png

More masculine than you, mate.

I'm seeing an Israeli girl currently, Ariel translates as Lion of God. The female name is a contemporary non-traditional use.

Uhh yeah.

STEINBERG%20Ariel.png

I'm seeing an Israeli girl currently, Ariel translates as Lion of God. The female name is a contemporary non-traditional use.

No doubt all of that will provide a comfort for him after he's asked "Why are you named after a mermaid lol?" for the millionth time in his first year of school alone.

You sound like the type of person who'd have the Japanese/Chinese characters for "Courage" or "Pride" or something tattooed on your forearms.

Uhh yeah.

STEINBERG%20Ariel.png

An Ariel is entirely associated with the little mermaid.

Atticus is also s**t. You wouldn't call your son Flavius or Valdemar