Society & Culture Terrible baby names

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember working in the maternity wards last year and had a list of all the mothers' names. I knocked on the door of this one mother and had to double take at her name. It was Cheslea. Yes that s and l are that way around. I knocked on the door and said "uhh Chez-lee?" and she answered with "Yes that's correct. Finally someone says my name as Cheslea and not Chelsea." *, what a s**t name. Why would you do that to your child?

I remember working in the maternity wards last year and had a list of all the mothers' names. I knocked on the door of this one mother and had to double take at her name. It was Cheslea. Yes that s and l are that way around. I knocked on the door and said "uhh Chez-lee?" and she answered with "Yes that's correct. Finally someone says my name as Cheslea and not Chelsea." ****, what a s**t name. Why would you do that to your child?

No explanation other than dyslexic parents, surely ?? Was this chick 17 and having her second child ??

We just had a boy here named him Caleb ready to be flamed on that one, hospital asked us if we wanted it spelt with a K didn't think missus and I looked bogan!
No problems with Caleb as a name

Kaleb would have been moronic though

No explanation other than dyslexic parents, surely ?? Was this chick 17 and having her second child ??

She was probs in her mid 20s and I think it was her second child.

The lady at work's grandson's name is Chayse... so bad.

Saw on Facebook, a friend of a friend who was called Jessamy. No hyphen. Jessica-Amy still looks stupid but would be better. A quick search revealed there to be several Jessamys in the world. I don't understand life any more.
Are you in Perth? I knew a Jessamy, surely there arent too many

Now I have just seen this post on facebook about a little girl that is missing, I hope she is found but **** me she has a terrible name.

Aerodyne
Fair chance she's run away in the hope she might get a new name

Now I have just seen this post on facebook about a little girl that is missing, I hope she is found but **** me she has a terrible name.

Aerodyne

Is that like sensodyne?

Facebook is telling me that Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively named their daughter, James

Luckily for little James, that will probably be the most normal name at My Parents Are Celebrities Primary School
At Celebrity Primary School he'll probably get teased for being the only one with a normal name

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Normal for a boy

Not quite so much when the kid is a girl
Haha *.

Completely missed the daughter part of that post. I guess poor Ryan and Blake got confused due to their both having unisex names

It irks me when I see my subcontinental friends with white names, or ask people to call them by a white name. They should respect their heritage. I have kept name Indian name, and am proud of it.

For example:
I have an Indian friend called Jess.
I met this Sri Lankan girl at uni last week called Cassandra.
And, I have a distant cousin by the name of Raul. Yes, that's Raul, and not Rahul.

Saw on Facebook, a friend of a friend who was called Jessamy. No hyphen. Jessica-Amy still looks stupid but would be better. A quick search revealed there to be several Jessamys in the world. I don't understand life any more.

I read this as "Jessarmy" which sounds a lot cooler

I remember working in the maternity wards last year and had a list of all the mothers' names. I knocked on the door of this one mother and had to double take at her name. It was Cheslea. Yes that s and l are that way around. I knocked on the door and said "uhh Chez-lee?" and she answered with "Yes that's correct. Finally someone says my name as Cheslea and not Chelsea." ****, what a s**t name. Why would you do that to your child?
Asrenal supporter who liked the name but couldn't actually give it to their kid?