Society/Culture : Terrible news: 18,000 children confirmed dead today

Remove this Banner Ad

uh huh.

I wonder if it's because those countries still use the poison DDT? Yup!
Interesting that DDT poisoning is almost indistinguishable from polio.
And hey look! 78 percent of Pakistani children with polio were given polio vaccines!
And wow, look at this!
India’s Polio Eradication Campaign in 2011 Caused 47,500 Cases of Vaccine-Induced Polio Paralysis
I defy you to read this.
But let's just call those 50,000 cases in India "aseptic meningitis" and we can pretend polio was eradicated! And people will buy it! Yay!
This article, published in the Indian Journal of Medical Ethics, should've made headlines around the world.

"Remember the days when we sprayed the entire population with DDT, causing symptoms that were almost indistinguishable from polio?"
"Remember when breast feeding was considering inappropriate and the vast majority of children were denied the best protection from disease that nature provides?"
"Remember when the first polio vaccine gave thousands of children actual polio?"
"Remember when Bill Gates' polio program gave 50,000 children polio in India?"
"Remember when the polio vaccine was contaminated with a cancer-causing monkey virus that is currently responsible for the massive epidemic of soft-tissue cancer among baby boomers?"

http://www.reddit.com/user/axolotl_peyotl

I love these threads where the scramble to post the 'my sources and stats are more accurate than yours' ramps up by page 4 to 'yo mama' joke levels

Yeah,I didnt write that. Hence I put the guys name at the bottom to show authorship. I find the debate somewhat interesting but don't have a strong opinion either way.

yeah, i always post stuff i don't agree with too.

You seems bizarrely fascinated with me, rather than the topic matter.

negative. your attitude/belief system. not you.

http://i.imgur.com/ii5wRaE.jpg

Well, I thought the choclate shop bloke was a right campaigner. Then I felt sorry for the people that died.

Then I thought didn't that get a lot of media coverage.

Then I proceeded to wonderful why does two people dying make 24/7 news. And 18000 gets dying p day not get ten seconds of news coverage

The. I felt sad

Well what was your hope?

Last edited:
Perhaps, however the current state of affairs with the sheer amount of kids dying is unfortunate. Disagree anyone?

The media attention is little. Disagree anyone?

Many seem to be up in arms, I would dare make a thread about it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps, however the current state of affairs with the sheer amount of kids dying is unfortunate. Disagree anyone?

The media attention is little. Disagree anyone?

Many seem to be up in arms, I would dare male a thread about it.

What is your native language, might I ask?

That explains quite a bit.

So, what do you suppose is the reason so many children die every day?
Is it wars? If so, what have you done to stop those wars?
Is it famine? If so, what have you done to feed the children?
Is it disease? If so, how have you improved the conditions of third world countries?

Everyone knows children die on a regular basis. That number has been cut nearly in half over the last 25 years. It has never been lower, and will likely never go higher. So what's the problem, and how are you solving it?

Catter, in regards to why is this the case. That's a fantastic question.

I am not quite sure. There is enough food made to feed the world twice over.

My guess would be current paradigm has been born via historical events perhaps including colonization, imperialism, and the general growth of ultra consumer captalsim resulting in 80 dudes owning half of the world s**t.

Give your money, dedicate your time to getting out and collecting more (either through a current charity or setup your own), find/support credible* lobby groups to get governments (here and elsewhere) to do more.

Posting on a web forum is as likely to actually make a difference as yelling at clouds.

* - Sorry, but nobody with any power/influence will listen to the Green Left, conspiracy nutters alliance (well, maybe the ABC, but you'd just be preaching to the choir there so it's unlikely to achieve anything).

That explains quite a bit.

So, what do you suppose is the reason so many children die every day?
Is it wars? If so, what have you done to stop those wars?
Is it famine? If so, what have you done to feed the children?
Is it disease? If so, how have you improved the conditions of third world countries?

Everyone knows children die on a regular basis. That number has been cut nearly in half over the last 25 years. It has never been lower, and will likely never go higher. So what's the problem, and how are you solving it?

I think this a bit silly,

As bill and mellisa gates have given tens of BILLIONS to the cause, and yets hardly a drop in the ocean, in regards to fixing the issue.

How can I, a humble Australian. Make a significant different even with vastly increased charity work and a larger contribution of my wage going to the poor.

Hence I alone cannot fix the problem. And at best, only make a very very small improvement.

So why do we not ask, who or how, can help fix it. That is so many thousands of innocent kids dying daily, outside of countryrace

Last edited:

As bill and mellisa gates have given tens of BILLIONS to the cause, and yets hardly a drop in the ocean, in regards to fixing the issue.

How can I, a humble Australian. Make a significant different even with vastly increased charity work and a larger contribution of my wage going to the poor.

Hence I alone cannot fix the problem. And at best, only make a very very small improvement.

So why do we not ask, who or how, can help fix it. That is so many thousands of innocent kids dying daily, outside of countryrace
old testament fable of the single shekel.

old lady, shekel. no bags. no cats. just a single shekel. its a companion piece to jesus turning over tables in the temple by the money changers.

Catter, in regards to why is this the case. That's a fantastic question.

I am not quite sure. There is enough food made to feed the world twice over.

My guess would be current paradigm has been born via historical events perhaps including colonization, imperialism, and the general growth of ultra consumer captalsim resulting in 80 dudes owning half of the world s**t.

What, so you might only cause 1 life to be saved who would otherwise have died?

Tell me, how many has yelling at the clouds (AKA what you're currently doing) saved?

If 18,000 people each chip in to save 1 life a day...Voila! (actually less, because we're never going to save all 18,000..After all, it's *mostly* from preventable causes).

IMHO it is deflection to continuous to "what have you done"

ii5wRaE.jpg

Last edited:
how is this thread still going?

yes 18,000 kids die everyday (personal i thought it'd be higher)

this is why living in third world conditions is such a s**t way to live.

its not something anyone should want or advocate supporting or trying to convince people to stay in that shitty way of life.

it is through progress that we unfurl these shackles, and its working. as the report shows the death rate is dropping. can it get lower? yes will it get lower? that depends on whether anti science fruitcakes get their way.

whether it be STD's being passed on to kids due a lack of education from parents, to a lack of access to fresh clean drinking water or access to vaccines. to disgraceful tit for tat generational violence and a lack of access to food. forced to work in dangerous conditions erc, etc.
it's a serious issue, thankfully its being tackled, could it be handled better probably, but news flash its not easy to fix the issues facing societies that live in shitty conditions.

we can work to fix and humanity is working to fix it.
I've no idea why the OP thinks a running tally on Australian news each night will suddenly super charge the operation which people have been trying to fix since before i was born but hey lets see:

CountryRace what exactly would you like to see happen? do you think people aren't aware? (you'd have to be a halfwit not to) what is the goal of getting it on the tele? what issues do you have with the way people are trying to help people in impoverished areas? what exactly is the thread about?

you start off about kids dying from preventable diseases then wonder off on random tangents?
you understand the death rate is dropping yes?
So what is this all about?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back