Society/Culture : Terrible news: 18,000 children confirmed dead today

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloods,

Why do we have a road toll tally every night? I actually think of the first 5 mins of the new on mainstream was on this people would show more concern.

Third world countries are s**t but why is it still so in 2015?

You claim it is via progress we evole however in the last 12 months, half of the owns wealth has gone from being owned by 85 people, to 80.

Since the GFC the average human is poorer.

I am not convinced the trend is up but I would like to be wrong.

Is it really the anti science fruit cakes that are the primary reason for such human suffering?

Bloods,

Why do we have a road toll tally every night?
i've never seen any news channel update the road toll every night, hell outside of double demerit points or when they randomly pick some pretty sheila or young child to exploit i've never seen the news media give updates on the road toll.

I actually think of the first 5 mins of the new on mainstream was on this people would show more concern.
as opposed to metric s**t ton's world vision ad's on tv all the time and "exclusive reports" and opera specials, which if anything seem to have desensitised people.

Third world countries are s**t but why is it still so in 2015?
where would you like to start? the failure of colonialism? the issues with cultures that are superstitious? lack of education? tribal and racial violence? influence of religious practices? lack of heavy farming? unsustainable lifestyles? lack of proper birth controls? lack of access to proper health care? international interference? the list goes on and on. where talking about billions of people you can't just click your fingers and solve the worlds problems. hell most western countries have their own problems to deal with let alone trying to save the third world. s**t takes time.

You claim it is via progress we evole however in the last 12 months, half of the owns wealth has gone from being owned by 85 people, to 80.
well for one progress isn't a straight line their will always be set backs, second i never said we are perfect. fact is the wealth of the average person has increased long term and as it has so have peoples lives. and this is the issue people who hate progress have, you want to see societies that haven't progressed? look at the 3rd world, look at the child death rates, look at the violence the rape and the lack of opportunities? that is your perfect world. its terrible.

Since the GFC the average human is poorer.

I am not convinced the trend is up but I would like to be wrong.
its one of the issues with booms and busts, of course your looking at the short term, long term we are still better off then we've ever been.

Is it really the anti science fruit cakes that are the primary reason for such human suffering?
let's do a very simple quiz, taking into account everyone in society including the haves and have nots as well as future generations please mark the following:

opposition to environmental regulations to stop pollution positive or negative?
opposition to demonstrated life saving vaccinations positive or negative?
opposition to public education positive or negative?
opposition to universal health care positive or negative?
opposition to cutting edge scientific research such stem cell research and renewable energy positive or negative?
opposition to public housing public housing positive or negative?
opposition to open affordable birth control positive or negative?
opposition to funding organisations like nasa and csiro which have lead to the rapid development of technology positive or negative?
opposition to funding sustainable agricultural practices and financial support for food producers to ensure we don't have food shortages positive or negative?

you tell me..................

I see a road death update of media all the time. Maybe u looking at the wrong things?

A charity, asking the general public for more money isn't suffice. The system needs to be changed by the powerful to offer a greater level of assistance from corporations and government rather than the world vision ads

Due to the 'failure of colonialism ' , are we not ethically obligated to develop a different system rather than the current "80 people, half the wealth of earth, model.

Historically, during boom and bust the poor suffer. Yet at times the rich grow more rich...

What are the groups, that you think that are pro pollution ? I can help u guess ...

I would like to see stats on how the children die. I have doubts it all vaccine related. I'd assume lack of; food, water, shelter or things like war and that would be up there

We currently have no food shortage, enough food is made to feed world twice over daily

Last edited:
I see a road death update of media all the time. Maybe u looking at the wrong things.

A charity, asking the general public for more money isn't suffice. The system needs to be changed by the powerful to offer a greater level of assistance from corporations and government rather than than world vision ads

Due to the 'failure of colonialism ' , are we not ethically obligated to develop a different system rather than the current 80 people, half the wealth, model.

i read the paper and watch the news i never see the update, where are you looking?

as for the rest, basically you think the issue is money. sorry to burst your bubble money wont solve them problem trillions in aid money has gone to Africa alone at this point. If money solved the problem their wouldn't be a 3rd world.

the issue is with changing cultures, Unless you intend to march troops in and force these nations to modernise it'll be a long ways off yet.
and see this is the real issue, we know what works and what doesn't. but change takes time. unless you intend to murder many millions of people time is the only for change to occur/

you want a different model, how? what is it? this is what you've just said:
PDVD_056.jpg

that's not a model, that's not an answer. bitching about rich campaigners is irrelevant. there's always been rich campaigners. you think there isn't rich campaigners in the third world? the advancement of 3/4 qtrs of the world has happened despite it and the worlds population is still getting better.

there's many things wrong with the super rich and it has to change, but blaming them for all the worlds woes is lazy and stupid. the 3rd will develop eventually you and i will probably be long dead due to the deep rooted backwardness of many of the cultures that live there. but eventually the human condition will triumph.

look at where the world was 100 years go and look at it today! progress takes time its generational. you need to stop thinking in terms of your lifetime the reward you get to see. it goes so far beyond that.

tell me how you intend to stop people massacring each other over books? burning crops as part of long running feuds? mutilating young girls snatches?

because your entirely wrong it is our moral obligation to change it, its all our moral obligation. because who the * else is going to do it?
For the most part though we have the spine to admit, yeah we don't have all the answers. but we try.

people give money, people give time, people do their best. this suggestion that people are ignorant of the issues facing the 3rd world is asinine. we once faced these issues ourselves. we know what needs to change, but there simply isn't an easy fix.

the moment you your asked come p with a solution you shirked it and put it on someone else. that's not how it works. If your truly unhappy with how the worlds going about trying to save the 3rd world from itself, then its your responsibility to try and find a different solution.

blaming everyone else solves nothing.

Historically, during boom and bust the poor suffer. Yet at times the rich grow more rich...

What are the groups, that you think that are pro pollution ? I can help I guess

I would like to see stats on how the children die. I have doubts it all vaccine related. I'd assume lack of; food, water, shelter or things like war and that would be up there

We currently have no food shortage, enough food is made to feed world twice over daily

and whats your point? unless everybodys going to start working for free the rich will always get richer. its the way of the world.

of course the poor suffer its why social programs are so ******* important, its to help them!

pro pollution, the industry's and groups that oppose legislation that seeks to reduce pollution. of course. you seem to have this idea that everything is 100% one way. you don't seem to understand that progress is not just bank accounts multinational businesses it is society as whole!

of course its not all vaccine related, yes there's food and water shortages. and many 3rd world countries have better soil and better conditions to produce that food that we waste. you see the issue here yes? these countries can produce their own food their own wealth! yes we can give it to them and we do give many thousands of tons of food to the third world absolutely free and still people starve.

they starve because shipping food into a country to feed it is inefficient. they starve because they breed like rabbits and use food as a weapon.

Yes there's war, because they fight over irrelevant s**t that goes back hundreds of years in many cases.

yes they don't have shelter, because there's no infrastructure no stable government no building societies they don't have our way of life. they don't have water because dams aren't built, water isn't supplied to remote areas because they belong to the wrong tribe or have the wrong colour skin and on and on it goes.

understand the problem the root cause is not the western world its the societies these poor bastards are born into and grow up with. that is what has to change. The only solution is time. the best we can do is nudge.

Newspaper, radio. They keep a yearly tally, update it, discuss it and compare it to compare it to previous years. I am surprised you find this unusual.

Money is a problem. There are people that cannot afford food. Cannot afford water. Cannot afford somewhere to sleep. People die this way, it's a money related problem.

As far your contention it's largely a problem relating to cultural issues I think that's grasping at straws, somewhat

You cannot modernise a country by marching in troops.

The current model isn't working for the planet and majority of the population. A system where 4 billion have equal to 80 is silly. It's not so much 'can't somebody else do it' , as its not a nice way to be. (Unless u in the 80)

Not all of the planets most powerful have reached this position from honourable means like your Steve Wozniak types.

The discussion of multi billionaires, is relevant to global poverty.

I don't think religious or child violence is very relevant. Religion is often just a mask. For money. Power. War. Land. Etc. for example use up all your news time speaking about terror, instead of issues such at this one.

I would I thought if 'we' are at fault for your nice term, the Faluire of Captalism, we'd also have a role to play in trying make the world better . I know you might see this as cant somebody else do it, but we are really quite rude to conduct empire, colonialism etc. and then pretend its not a worry or our job to fix

I'm not blaming everyone else. Just a very small group of white folk.

People are ignorant. Ignorance, is indeed bliss.

The rise of wealth inequality is almost entirely due to the rise of the top 0.1% wealth share, from 7% in 1979 to 22% in 2012, a level almost as high as in 1929. The bottom 90% wealth share first increased up to the mid-1980s and then steadily declined. The increase in wealth concentration is due to the surge of top incomes combined with an increase in saving rate inequality.

http://eml.berkeley.edu/~saez/saez-zucmanNBER14wealth.pdf

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

psPWEa7.jpg

I'm surprised and disappointed that the figure is so low.

World would be a better place if 10 times that number died. And we need mass sterilisation.

Q: How many young children die each year, and why?

In 2012, 6.6 million children died before reaching their fifth birthday; almost all (99%) of these deaths occurred in low- and middle-income countries.

The major killers of children aged less than 5 years were prematurity, pneumonia, birth asphyxia and birth trauma, and diarrhoeal diseases.

Malaria was still a major killer in sub-Saharan Africa, causing about 15% of under 5 deaths in the region.

About 44% of deaths in children younger than 5 years in 2012 occurred within 28 days of birth – the neonatal period. The most important cause of death was prematurity, which was responsible for 35% of all deaths during this period.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs310/en/index2.html

psPWEa7.jpg

Q: How many young children die each year, and why?

In 2012, 6.6 million children died before reaching their fifth birthday; almost all (99%) of these deaths occurred in low- and middle-income countries.

The major killers of children aged less than 5 years were prematurity, pneumonia, birth asphyxia and birth trauma, and diarrhoeal diseases.

Malaria was still a major killer in sub-Saharan Africa, causing about 15% of under 5 deaths in the region.

About 44% of deaths in children younger than 5 years in 2012 occurred within 28 days of birth – the neonatal period. The most important cause of death was prematurity, which was responsible for 35% of all deaths during this period.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs310/en/index2.html

eli5-why-does-terrorism-matter?

Given-hunger-or-hunger-related-causes-kills-one-person-every-four-seconds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back