Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
It's back!

The widely popular Test Cricket Eras Draft is back for a second year, with eight previous participants going around again, and four newcomers joining in.

How does it work? Well, this year, it has changed slightly. Each coach will take part in a normal snake draft. The catch is, you have to end up with one player that has played in each of the following eras:

1877-1909
1910-1919
1920-1929
1930-1939
1940-1949
1950-1959
1960-1969
1970-1979
1980-1989
1990-1999
2000-2013
Wildcard (any era)

After the draft has been completed, a vote will take place to determine the winner of the draft.

Simple, isn't it? Not really. Well, not at all. This game requires extreme strategic skills, which I'm sure all of you drafters have.

Here is the order:
Eras.PNG

So newcomer JP Sauce has the privilege of taking the best cricketer in the history of the game. It will also be interesting to see whether Noobz0r takes Fleming and thorne takes Marcus North with their first picks.

Participants will also be asked to select a team name and ground.

Good luck to all fellow coaches. Now let's get drafting!

Coaches:

Danger in Texas - The Swing Seam Superstars - Lord's
thorne89 - Sticky Toffees - WACA
Wacky Tiger - Ballantyne Scouts - Barbados
BoshtrichBurger - Moustache Mayhem - Adelaide Oval
james brayshaw - The Stuart Broad Fan Club - Gabba
Ashton Agar - He Bowls To The Left - Gabba
The Reaper - The All England XI - Wanderers
JP Sauce - Matambanadzo Steaming In - Shane Warne Cricket 99 Beach Ground
courtjester - ? - ?
cross#4 - The Scott Muller Express - Cape Town
Noobz0r - Noobz0r's XI - Lord's
Marklar_33 - Crumby XI - Aurora Stadium

Order:

JP Sauce - Don Bradman (1920-1929)
Wacky Tiger - Sir Garfield Sobers (1950-1959)
Marklar_33 - Shane Warne (1990-1999)
Noobz0r - Glenn McGrath (1990-1999)
Ashton Agar - Sachin Tendulkar (1980-1989)
james brayshaw - Syd Barnes (1910-1919)
BoshtrichBurger - Sir Viv Richards (1970-1979)
Danger in Texas - Sir Jack Hobbs (1877-1909)
thorne89 - Wally Hammond (?)
The Reaper - Jacques Kallis (1990-1999)
cross#4 - Wasim Akram (1980-1989)
courtjester - Keith Miller (1940-1949)

courtjester - Imran Khan (1980-1989)
cross#4 - Greg Chappell (1970-1979)
The Reaper - Dale Steyn (2000-present)
thorne89 - Victor Trumper (?)
Danger in Texas - Sir Richard Hadlee (1970-1979)
BoshtrichBurger - Len Hutton (1930-1939)
james brayshaw - Malcolm Marshall (1970-1979)
Ashton Agar - Muttiah Muralitharan (1990-1999)
Noobz0r - Herbert Sutcliffe (1920-1929)
Marklar_33 - Adam Gilchrist (2000-present)
Wacky Tiger - Dennis Lillee (1970-1979)
JP Sauce

JP Sauce
Wacky Tiger
Marklar_33
Noobz0r
Ashton Agar
james brayshaw
BoshtrichBurger
Danger in Texas
thorne89
The Reaper
cross#4
courtjester

courtjester
cross#4
The Reaper
thorne89
Danger in Texas
BoshtrichBurger
james brayshaw
Ashton Agar
Noobz0r
Marklar_33
Wacky Tiger
JP Sauce

JP Sauce
Wacky Tiger
Marklar_33
Noobz0r
Ashton Agar
james brayshaw
BoshtrichBurger
Danger in Texas
thorne89
The Reaper
cross#4
courtjester

courtjester
cross#4
The Reaper
thorne89
Danger in Texas
BoshtrichBurger
james brayshaw
Ashton Agar
Noobz0r
Marklar_33
Wacky Tiger
JP Sauce

JP Sauce
Wacky Tiger
Marklar_33
Noobz0r
Ashton Agar
james brayshaw
BoshtrichBurger
Danger in Texas
thorne89
The Reaper
cross#4
courtjester

courtjester
cross#4
The Reaper
thorne89
Danger in Texas
BoshtrichBurger
james brayshaw
Ashton Agar
Noobz0r
Marklar_33
Wacky Tiger
JP Sauce

JP Sauce
Wacky Tiger
Marklar_33
Noobz0r
Ashton Agar
james brayshaw
BoshtrichBurger
Danger in Texas
thorne89
The Reaper
cross#4
courtjester

courtjester
cross#4
The Reaper
thorne89
Danger in Texas
BoshtrichBurger
james brayshaw
Ashton Agar
Noobz0r
Marklar_33
Wacky Tiger
JP Sauce

JP Sauce
Wacky Tiger
Marklar_33
Noobz0r
Ashton Agar
james brayshaw
BoshtrichBurger
Danger in Texas
thorne89
The Reaper
cross#4
courtjester

courtjester
cross#4
The Reaper
thorne89
Danger in Texas
BoshtrichBurger
james brayshaw
Ashton Agar
Noobz0r
Marklar_33
Wacky Tiger
JP Sauce

Sir Garfield Sobers :) 1950-1959

Sir_Garfield_Sobers_9.jpg

Quote possibly the most complete cricketer to have played the game. Oh how i wish i was old enough to see him live.

Team: Ballantyne Scouts
Ground: Barbados

Marklar_33

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team name: Matambanadzo Steaming In

And we're playing at the beach ground from Shane Warne Cricket 99.

Cricket.png

3. Don Bradman (1920-1929)

Pick 5 - Sachin Tendulkar (1980s)

Surprised and stoked to get the little master at Pick 5. I would have taken him at pick 2 so I am rapt. He will be the rock in my batting line up, and I one who places a high importance on having a solid top 6.

4. Sachin Tendulkar

james brayshaw

tumblr_mh45jgZFpq1qcfw29o3_r1_500.gif
Sir Isaac Vivian Alexander Richards
Test Matches: 121
Batting Average: 50.23
Centuries/Half-Centuries: 24/45
Highest Score: 291
The King of Swagger. He'll be Captaining my team. One of the most entertaining batsmen in the history of Cricket, both Test and ODI's.
  1. -
  2. -
  3. Sir IVA Richards* (1970-1979)
  4. -
  5. -
  6. -
  7. -
  8. -
  9. -
  10. -
  11. -

Danger in Texas

The Scott Muller express, Cape Town.

Can I ask that whenever someone picks, put the era that you're selecting the player from as well, e.g. Shane Warne (1990-1999). May I ask that this is done for the previous 7 picks? Thanks, it is the basis of the game after all :p

Easy pick here, I'm going to go with Sir Jack Hobbs. A true ATG of the game of cricket. Brilliant opener who has an outstanding average of 57 with the bat. 1877-1909 era.

Also, time limits are 24 hours between picks, a player's whole career is counted when you're selecting them, not just in the era in which they are being picked, and eras are not set in concrete, i.e. you can change a player's era whenever you want.

thorne89

Can I ask that whenever someone picks, put the era that you're selecting the player from as well, e.g. Shane Warne (1990-1999). May I ask that this is done for the previous 7 picks? Thanks, it is the basis of the game after all :p

Easy pick here, I'm going to go with Sir Jack Hobbs. A true ATG of the game of cricket. Brilliant opener who has an outstanding average of 57 with the bat. 1877-1909 era.

Also, time limits are 24 hours between picks, a player's whole career is counted when you're selecting them, not just in the era in which they are being picked, and eras are not set in concrete, i.e. you can change a player's era whenever you want.

thorne89
Yes boss man :)

thorne89
He nearly went at pick 5 to me. It was out of him or Sachin.

I will take the great Wally Hammond.

A no-brainer. One of the best batsmen of all time who could also bowl bloody fast, the perfect fourth seamer on the bouncy WACA surface. Is also widely regarded as the greatest slip fieldsman of all time. The leadership aspect of his game speaks for itself.

394136.html

Tests: 85
Batting: 7249 runs @ 58.45, 22 x 100, 24 x 50
Bowling: 83 wickets @ 37.8, 2 x 5fers (732 first class wickets)
Catches: 110

The judgment of cricket history is that the greatest batsmen the game has known are - in order of appearance, only - WG Grace, Jack Hobbs, Walter Hammond and Don Bradman. Others may come close indeed to those four but do not quite take place with them. It is, of course, coincidence that two of them played for Gloucestershire; but without doubt Hammond, although he was not a native of that county, succeeded by right and without question to the eminence there previously occupied solely by Dr Grace.

Wally Hammond was a most exciting cricketer, perhaps the more so for the hint of an almost Olympian aloofness. He was also - and the two do not always go together - a naturally-gifted athlete who could excel at any game he cared to play; today he would be brought up as a rising football star. He had that physical stamp; he moved easily, with an ease which yet promised that, at need, he could launch himself into a tiger leap. Even as late as 1951, when he made his last first-class appearance and after he had put on a considerable amount of weight, his movement was poised, assured, and graceful.

Of the four great batsmen he was physically the finest and most powerfully equipped. He was a superb fast-medium bowler who often, as Sir Donald Bradman once remarked, "was too busy scoring runs to worry about bowling." When he was roused - as he once was by Essex bowling bouncers at the Gloucestershire batsmen - his pace could be devastating. "I never saw a man bowl faster for Gloucestershire than Wally did that day," said Tom Goddard, "and he not only battered them, he bowled them out as well."
At slip he had no superior. He stood all but motionless, moved late but with uncanny speed, never needing to stretch or strain but plucking the ball from the air like an apple from a tree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back