GilG

All Australian
May 20, 2013
Los Angeles, California, USA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
New York Mets
With interesting talk about soon-to-be out-of-contract Sydney Swan Lewis Jetta, his possible interest in coming home to WA and the fiasco involving taunting West Coast fans and Jetta's teammate Adam Goodes and Jetta's sticking up for him by mimicking Goodes's cultural "spear dance," it got me thinking...

What a strong addition Jetta would be to our club next year. And given Jetta's pride in his heritage and Freo's longstanding, strong history of recruiting and nurturing Indigenous players, its Reconciliation Action Plan and support of the Clontarf Foundation and its current list, his skills and our club might be a nice fit.

And who among us wouldn't want to see him in purple, blazing down the wing in next year's home Derby, then booting a goal right into the Eagles' cheer squad and then doing his war dance? :)

Thoughts?

Sydney would want a lot for him, we have players like Weller, Blakely and Crozier who struggling to get a game and he would push a Sheridan or a D Pearce out of the side.

I still believe we are in the hunt for Dixon so I would get him and then maybe get a Brown or Shoenmaker on the cheap and leave it at that.

And rookie Bootsma as well

Great player, but not what we need

With interesting talk about soon-to-be out-of-contract Sydney Swan Lewis Jetta, his possible interest in coming home to WA and the fiasco involving taunting West Coast fans and Jetta's teammate Adam Goodes and Jetta's sticking up for him by mimicking Goodes's cultural "spear dance," it got me thinking...

What a strong addition Jetta would be to our club next year. And given Jetta's pride in his heritage and Freo's longstanding, strong history of recruiting and nurturing Indigenous players, its Reconciliation Action Plan and support of the Clontarf Foundation and its current list, his skills and our club might be a nice fit.

And who among us wouldn't want to see him in purple, blazing down the wing in next year's home Derby, then booting a goal right into the Eagles' cheer squad and then doing his war dance? :)

Thoughts?

Its a nice thought, Gil, but I wonder if he would seriously want to come to a place with that mob walking the streets. He might prefer to stay in Sydney.

Just on Sunday's performance, I thought it was a top shelf act the way he stood up for his mate. Well done to him for that.

Sydney would want a lot for him, we have players like Weller, Blakely and Crozier who struggling to get a game and he would push a Sheridan or a D Pearce out of the side.]
You say this like it's a bad thing!

I don't hate Danyle but bloody hell, guy blazes away at it like he's having his first kick at AFL level. He is replaceable and Jetta is certainly an upgrade. You'd take it him and he's probably the most likely trade to happen.

Any player the can replace d.Pearce will welcome him with open arms.

You say this like it's a bad thing!

I don't hate Danyle but bloody hell, guy blazes away at it like he's having his first kick at AFL level. He is replaceable and Jetta is certainly an upgrade. You'd take it him and he's probably the most likely trade to happen.

I don't want us spending our 1st round pick on Jetta, when I think we have a chance at Dixon. I don't think our second round pick would get him, plus we have a number of very good players waiting for a chance to play.

Not saying he isn't a small upgrade, but Dixon would be a massive upgrade.

Quite simply, more speed and skill would be great, especially from defence. Jetta is better towards the forward line, but Hill working more towards the backline has been terrific. I would trade Sheridan or Sutcliffe or our 2nd round, or something along those lines. Nothing at all against Sheridan or Sutcliffe and happy to keep.

I don't want us spending our 1st round pick on Jetta, when I think we have a chance at Dixon. I don't think our second round pick would get him, plus we have a number of very good players waiting for a chance to play.

Not saying he isn't a small upgrade, but Dixon would be a massive upgrade.

Haven't seen Charlie Dixon play much, except in NAB Challenge matches. See that he has 28 goals in 10 games and the Suns' website highly rates him as a contested mark. Impressive, but — and I know this stat isn't the be all and end all — why is his fantasy average only 59? For what it's worth, Jetta's is 77. Disclaimer: In NO way am I saying the fantasy numbers are accurate indicators of a player's ability.

Dixon seems like he'd be really handy, but I still love the idea of Jetta and Hilly together and the speed they possess.

I like Jetta at his best, but he is older than I thought. Born in 1988 but only into his 6th season.
I would not want to lose too much for him.

Haven't seen Charlie Dixon play much, except in NAB Challenge matches. See that he has 28 goals in 10 games and the Suns' website highly rates him as a contested mark. Impressive, but — and I know this stat isn't the be all and end all — why is his fantasy average only 59? For what it's worth, Jetta's is 77. Disclaimer: In NO way am I saying the fantasy numbers are accurate indicators of a player's ability.

Dixon seems like he'd be really handy, but I still love the idea of Jetta and Hilly together and the speed they possess.

KPP's don't get good fantasy stats, which is why most fantasy teams have no KPP's.

In reality he is young KPF we could build our attack around and it would give Pav a second life as the 3rd tall.

He also has played for the gold coast which have struggled this year, therefore he has had limited supply.

I believe he is a stay at home KPF, which means he doesn't get cheap ball on the wing as he rarely ventures outside of the 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney would mostly be after picks anyway.
They've never really traded for picks historically. If a player has left Sydney they've tended to seek a player in return.

I like Jetta at his best, but he is older than I thought. Born in 1988 but only into his 6th season.
I would not want to lose too much for him.

Still got a good 3-4 years left in him though.

They've never really traded for picks historically. If a player has left Sydney they've tended to seek a player in return.
Perhaps true, however the AFL have changed things with the bidding system for their Academy picks, and the restrictions on trades due to COLA reduction. Surely the most pressing thing for them will be getting enough points from picks.

Put it his way, he would definitely make our best 22 ... so if we can get him for say our 2nd rounder, then why not?

As for Sydney not usually trading for picks ... this might be different, as they need picks for the academy players, plus they might have salary cap issues. Not to mention they might not even be allowed to pick up a player of similar worth due to the trading ban on players over 350k salary.

His manager is in Perth speaking with both clubs this week, as he is interested in coming back home to the West.

He's a Bunbury boy who played at Swan Districts and grew up supporting the Eagles.

Now he throws imaginary spears at their supporters. He's still only 26, but his performance in the grand final last year was embarrassing.

KPP's don't get good fantasy stats, which is why most fantasy teams have no KPP's.

In reality he is young KPF we could build our attack around and it would give Pav a second life as the 3rd tall.

He also has played for the gold coast which have struggled this year, therefore he has had limited supply.

I believe he is a stay at home KPF, which means he doesn't get cheap ball on the wing as he rarely ventures outside of the 50.

You waited till NOW to tell me most fantasy teams have no KPPs?! :mad: No wonder I can't get more points out of my Supercoach forward line. :( Seriously, though, thanks for the intel on Dixon!

Perhaps true, however the AFL have changed things with the bidding system for their Academy picks, and the restrictions on trades due to COLA reduction. Surely the most pressing thing for them will be getting enough points from picks.
Yeah, and then there's trading for future picks in the mix as well.

That said, I would have Jetta. Just depends on price.

I would take Jetta any day. I just feel we are a KPF away from a flag. So Dixon is a must. We have screwed up every attempt at getting a forward to freo so I think they may throw everything at it

His manager is in Perth speaking with both clubs this week, as he is interested in coming back home to the West.

He's a Bunbury boy who played at Swan Districts and grew up supporting the Eagles.

Now he throws imaginary spears at their supporters. He's still only 26, but his performance in the grand final last year was embarrassing.

LOL! True, Harry, but the ENTIRE Swans team's performance in last year's GF was embarrassing.

Jetta has a similar impact for Sydney as we do from Hill.

Allow me to explain, when Jetta gets lots of it, Sydney smash them. When Jetta is sat on, Sydney can't get the ball through the goals enough.
I think there's been a little subplot since Freo got Hill that there has been an attempt to find Hill 2 in order to give more freedom to Hill 1. Mora, Sheridan, Crozier, Simpson, Pearce - all quick line breaking mids with a decent enough kick on them (maybe not so much in Sheridan's case).

Pearce is currently the most successful of this plan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back