Test Series V The West Indies

Remove this Banner Ad

Dumb shot by Clarke. He doesn't need to throw his wicket away like that. His in such good form. Shouldn't take it for granted he should be cashing in.

Watson involved in yet another run out. This guy is hopeless between wickets. To make things worse he never digs in and make a hundred after his caused a run out.

I was expecting to wake up and see us only 3 or 4 out. Guess we are either not that good or the WI are better then I thought they'd be. Good on them.

Like most batsman, 85% of the time you get yourself out. In this case it was 100% of the time - the bowlers did ok, but there were no unplayables.

Warner and Cowan wafted and honestly each one could easily have been out on Day one playing and missing at wide short balls.

Watson burned ponting, then played an ordinary shot and Clarke after batting so well had a dead set brain fade.

I'm not expecting much after the current pair to be honest. We should save it but it will be a test.

So what's the scenario gonna be?

We're not going to win if we just keep batting.....dead flat pitch, it will be hard to bowl the Windies out a second time and make the required runs.

Wonder of Clarkey will do something crazy/brave like declare 150 behind and force the Windies to make the play. DO the Windies want the win bad enough or are they happy with a draw.

If the Windies set us say 300 on the last day on a wearing slow pitch, that would be a great outcome.

So did Wade run down the pitch and try and flat bat one over cover at any stage?

Unfortunately not.

A nuggety 19 off 53 balls when you're 250 behind just doesn't cut it I'm afraid. What we need from Wade is more cameo 12 off 10 balls, with 3 fours nicked through slips, 6 windy woofs outside off, and the final ball heave-hoed down mid off's throat. :thumbsu:

So what's the scenario gonna be?

We're not going to win if we just keep batting.....dead flat pitch, it will be hard to bowl the Windies out a second time and make the required runs.

Wonder of Clarkey will do something crazy/brave like declare 150 behind and force the Windies to make the play. DO the Windies want the win bad enough or are they happy with a draw.

If the Windies set us say 300 on the last day on a wearing slow pitch, that would be a great outcome.

Scoring runs is only going to get harder I would think, so your scenario has merit.

Having said that - up til this point, the pitch or bowling has got no one out - all batsman have perished via their on failings.

So the question is what to the Windies accept as being a win. Is a draw better to them than going for the win and getting done?

Given where they have come from in recent times I would say yes.

We have been fed a lot about the destruction of West Indies Cricket, but under Sammy and Otis Gibson they seem to be on the right track.

do our batters know where their off stump is. again top order batsman get out playing at balls the don't need to. they're definitely being coached the way langer played

Langer was always great when the team needed him.
Don't rate him as a coach but he always performed when the chips were down. Averaged over 44 in the 2005 Ashes for instance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next to no chance of an Australian victory now.

If the Windies can knock us over from here for around 300, go back out with a lead of 150, get their lead up to about 375, declare and give us about 100 overs batting, they're a good shot at beating us- the pitch is starting to misbehave a bit from what I have seen.

Think he might not do that considering it's 0-0. Seems like the sort of thing you'd do if 1-0 or 2-0 up, and couldn't lose the series.

Given Australia are on the back foot and 0-0, I doubt Clarke would hand the West Indies an opening on a platter like that.

Think he might not do that considering it's 0-0. Seems like the sort of thing you'd do if 1-0 or 2-0 up, and couldn't lose the series.

Given Australia are on the back foot and 0-0, I doubt Clarke would hand the West Indies an opening on a platter like that.

Agreed, 0-0 in an away test series you don't go for a miracle win when the more likely outcome is a loss which puts immense pressure on the next two tests.

The highlight of this match for me has been the crowd demanding the declaration late on day 2. The crowds are back and they give a damn :thumbsu:

Loved how all the kids gathered around that old Rasta guy just wanting to get on TV, but the guy thought he was leading some kind of crusade. Warner's reaction said it all.

This series could turn out like the 2009 Windies v England series. Will only take on bad session from either side to lose the entire series with the pitches the way they are. I think Trinidad will be the same, maybe with even less bounce, while Dominica should be a result wicket based on the India game last year. I think something like 20% of Dominica's population turned up to the last day of that game as well.

I hope there is next to no chance of him doing that. It's the first test. They need to save it. The Windies bowlers bowled pretty well. I like the look of Bishoo. He'll be tough on a pitch with a bit moe in it.

In a way it is nice to see an improving West Indies.

Good call! Considering they don't have their full potential side.

Thought it was gonna be a bit easier for us over there but they have taken the game to us!

Love the fight from them but still hope we can smash them though!

Why does it not surprise me? Clarke and Hussey making the runs again. I really hope Wade gets 50+. Not yet sold on Cowan either, love the bloke, but not sure he can make it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back