Test Series V The West Indies

Remove this Banner Ad

maelcoluim

All Australian
Apr 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Windies picking up where they left off. The pitch looks like it's starting to get a bit of variable bounce.

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
Maybe we've been spoilt with the pitches in SA and AUS, but god I hate roads.

yeah but there is a difference between roads and lifeless pitches. i'm definately no fan of road after road after road being trotted out, but if you're going to make an easy batting wicket at least give it some life so the batsmen can play entertaining cricket.

i watched a few "highlights" this evening and it was pretty dull. i've already switched off today's viewing for the soccer.

it's just nearly impossible for guys to show off their full skill set on a wicket like this.

maelcoluim

All Australian
Apr 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Will be interesting to see how the pitch plays on days 4 and 5. Looks to have a fair bit of early wear.

Outshined

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Any chance of one of these going to hand, cricketing gods?

I appreciate that Shiv is a brilliant batsman who has pretty much held the West Indies together for a number of years, but he is shocking and oddly frustrating to watch.

Edit* Much appreciated cricket gods!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance of one of these going to hand, cricketing gods?

Nice work, once again Watto with the breakthrough.

3 starts for the Windies batsman, tsk tsk.

maelcoluim

All Australian
Apr 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bravo out finally!

Windies lower order looks a bit flimsy so hopefully we can get a few more quick ones.

Classic stuff cricinfo. :thumbsu:

94.1 - Watson to Bravo, OUT, Watto finally gets one. Length ball, pitched on off, shapes away a bit, Bravo is committed to the s**t, and manages only an outside edge. This one goes neither short, nor over. Neither right not left. Straight to fully

DM Bravo c Hussey b Watson 51 (123b 7x4 1x6) SR: 41.46

Outshined

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
lol at cricinfo ^

Watto getting some bite out of this pitch with the newy. Hilf has looked pretty average in comparison.

lol at cricinfo ^

Watto getting some bite out of this pitch with the newy. Hilf has looked pretty average in comparison.

Surprise surprise Hilf struggles when the ball does not move...yet we leave Pattinson out..go figure

Ducky Tie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Harris gets Deonarine caught behind. Windies not making full use of this pitch. 5/289.

Edit. Ponting puts down another tough one hander. Probably a bit harsh but condisering how good Ricky is, he probably should have taken it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back