Test Series V The West Indies

Remove this Banner Ad

It's raining, get the covers on!!!

'Alright boys, just give us a couple of mins to get our raincoats on and all buttoned up':p

How much does Sammy look like an 80's batsman in terms of technique?

(I can't really explain what I mean but it looks like it to me).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

all 11 batsmen made double figures. only 12th time in test cricket history, and 3 time in the last 20 years.

Not a definite draw just yet, notch up 600 odd and try to bowl them out on a (hopefully) wearing pitch on the last day.

Without seeing the game I'm a little disappointed by Lyon's figures. In the warm up match (even though Lyon took 4 in the second dig) it was being reported that the conditions seemed to suit Frosty's style of bowling more so than Lyon's.

Would want to have a good second dig.

a little bit of tailend application, some sammy slogs and average bowling means we're chasing 100 more than we should be. and yeah, some not so good catching.
i've read on cricinfo that fielding coach steve rixon is with the IPL at the moment. shades of mike young's part time fielding coach contract all over again.

Not a definite draw just yet, notch up 600 odd and try to bowl them out on a (hopefully) wearing pitch on the last day.

Without seeing the game I'm a little disappointed by Lyon's figures. In the warm up match (even though Lyon took 4 in the second dig) it was being reported that the conditions seemed to suit Frosty's style of bowling more so than Lyon's.

Would want to have a good second dig.

The commentators at one point they were discussing why Clarke didn't bring himself on instead of Lyon to utilise the footmarks outside the left handers off stump. As in to attack the stumps rather than look for an outside edge. Seems to be a more prominent tactic with the introduction of DRS and increase in LBWs (or so it seems from the recent Eng V Pak tour).

Also, watching the highlights this morning - Lyon hit Chanderpaul on the pads and reviewed. Another one of those ridiculous 'umpires call' because a millimetre of the seam is off centre. They need to address this in the system.

Pretty average effort from our bowlers, namely Hilfenhaus. Hopefully Warner can hit a quick century (no jinx).
Looked like a world of bad habits had crept back in with so much wide s**t but I have to applaud the windies players for their patience. It's good to know that they have it in them. Shiv of course is a very patient batsman.

Harsh reality is one flat decks you need a great spinner or a mcgrath quality quick, we have a bunch of very solid quickies who can be devastating in the right conditions but the pitches they have had the last 6-8 games have been rare the last decade.

The advantage we do have is quicker scoring bats than the windies, the way you win these games is by scoring at 3.5+ an over and then hoping for a third innings meltdown.

In general terms though the team has looked very flat and slack since the end of the Adelaide test, we basically were sleep walking through the home and windies one day series.

a little bit of tailend application, some sammy slogs and average bowling means we're chasing 100 more than we should be. and yeah, some not so good catching.
i've read on cricinfo that fielding coach steve rixon is with the IPL at the moment. shades of mike young's part time fielding coach contract all over again.

Nobody in the Australian setup should have leave to take part in any other cricket competition whilst Australia are taking part in a series or preparing for a series.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back