Tex back this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad Tex is returning, annoyed that I can't attend. I'll be at Oakbank's Groovin' The Moo that night. If any of you make it down there, match report and photos would be appreciated. :D

EDIT: Damn, just realised I can't even go the week after to see Tex at Clare... Bought tickets to the Star Wars marathon for that day. :(
Its a simple choice....Tex or Vader!

The only game plan the Bays had last week end was to do a hatchet job on the players who were killing them. Crude, aggressive, hack tackles and behind the play sniping. I would hate for some would-be hero to re-injure Walker. Tex can certainly look after himself, but there's no accounting for what some hapless hack will do on the spur of the moment. Stay aware Tex!
you realise it upsets me just thinking about this right?

Glad Tex is returning, annoyed that I can't attend. I'll be at Oakbank's Groovin' The Moo that night. If any of you make it down there, match report and photos would be appreciated. :D

EDIT: Damn, just realised I can't even go the week after to see Tex at Clare... Bought tickets to the Star Wars marathon for that day. :(

Ugh, I so wanted to go to that. Stupid work :(

The only game plan the Bays had last week end was to do a hatchet job on the players who were killing them. Crude, aggressive, hack tackles and behind the play sniping. I would hate for some would-be hero to re-injure Walker. Tex can certainly look after himself, but there's no accounting for what some hapless hack will do on the spur of the moment. Stay aware Tex!

Please don't even talk about something like this. It's nightmare inducing stuff.

Just checked the TV guide and no SANFL appears to be on.

What a facepalm for C7 in Adelaide, from a Crows perspective, the SANFL game may be more likely to be viewed than the Pies-Dons game.

If Tex was starting on the ground, I would definitely be watching that over the AFL game. Others? Thoughts on this?

What a stupid executive decision by C7 to not show a game that probably every Crows supporter would salivate to watch.

Would this game have any cameras? Club should show the game on their website.

What a great way to end ANZAC day it would have been to watch Tex hopefully nail a few goals. You can 100% expect the mids to provide the supply to him.

Is the round following this round, showdown reserves game?

Yes you are correct, but if I was a producer at C7 I would be asking the Club to almost "guarantee" if he is playing and then change the game shown to the Crows reserves.

Ratings rule in TV world, C7 choked IMO big time. A producer at 7 should have made an executive decision. FFS its not that hard to change a televised game after all they are all in metro Adelaide. At most 1 hour difference from deep South to deep North.

Yeah because Channel 7 do the SANFL coverage purely to satisfy Crows fans :rolleyes:

You do realise there's 9 other clubs equally deserving of TV coverage.

Why do people think the Crows SANFL side should have exclusive TV coverage at the expense of the other SANFL clubs?

Ironically this week's TV game is Centrals v South - the two clubs that voted against the Crows entry into the SANFL.

I'm with Southerntakeover

It's a cunning plan.

With Pods headlining the AFL side, we'll scrape along and maybe jag 10 wins for the season, while a fully fit and firing Tex in the SANFL will lead to a Ken Farmer Medal and maiden SANFL flag

Priorities

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah because Channel 7 do the SANFL coverage purely to satisfy Crows fans :rolleyes:

You do realise there's 9 other clubs equally deserving of TV coverage.

Why do people think the Crows SANFL side should have exclusive TV coverage at the expense of the other SANFL clubs?

Ironically this week's TV game is Centrals v South - the two clubs that voted against the Crows entry into the SANFL.

Given the supporter base of the Crows compared to any other SANFL side, more people are likely and more wanting to see Tex play his first game back in the 2s then any other SANFL game. Thats a fact.:rolleyes:

Because posters in here follow SANFL does not mean most follow the SANFL aside from the Crows games.:rolleyes:

I believe that one day the Crows will leave the SANFL and play in a national reserves comp.

The SANFL has the same wow factor as the SAFA does or did. It was a great comp before the Crows but times have changed.

I wouldnt be surprised if most Crows supporters under 30 couldn't name more than 10 players in the SANFL, who won the flag 5 years ago or who won the Margary medal for that matter.

With all that said I respect the comp, but I have no interest in it aside from when the Crows play.

TV is all about the ratings, let's see how long it lasts until 7 wake up and realize the majority of the football viewing audience wants to see the SANFL Crows or Power games and not Glenelg v South.

What would have a bigger TV ratings - Tex in his return game OR Glenelg v South.

I rest my case.:cool:

Because posters in here follow SANFL does not mean most follow the SANFL aside from the Crows games.:rolleyes:

I believe that one day the Crows will leave the SANFL and play in a national reserves comp.

The SANFL has the same wow factor as the SAFA does or did. It was a great comp before the Crows but times have changed.

I wouldnt be surprised if most Crows supporters under 30 couldn't name more than 10 players in the SANFL, who won the flag 5 years ago or who won the Margary medal for that matter.

With all that said I respect the comp, but I have no interest in it aside from when the Crows play.

TV is all about the ratings, let's see how long it lasts until 7 wake up and realize the majority of the football viewing audience wants to see the SANFL Crows or Power games and not Glenelg v South.

What would have a bigger TV ratings - Tex in his return game OR Glenelg v South.

I rest my case.:cool:

I agree with you with the national reserves comp - frankly the sooner the AFL get off their arse and set that up the better.

Given the SANFL are paying a fair amount of money to 7 to televise the matches, the SANFL will probably have a fair bit of say as to which game will be televised. Also, if channel 7 only showed Crows/Port matches, you'll have 8 clubs that would be pretty pissed at both 7 and the SANFL and would be demanding a better deal.

Finally, the ratings have been pretty good for Channel 7 so far with the SANFL, and that's without showing the Crows.

I agree with you with the national reserves comp - frankly the sooner the AFL get off their arse and set that up the better.

Given the SANFL are paying a fair amount of money to 7 to televise the matches, the SANFL will probably have a fair bit of say as to which game will be televised. Also, if channel 7 only showed Crows/Port matches, you'll have 8 clubs that would be pretty pissed at both 7 and the SANFL and would be demanding a better deal.

Finally, the ratings have been pretty good for Channel 7 so far with the SANFL, and that's without showing the Crows.

I didnt realise that the SANFL were paying 7 to show the matches. I guess it makes sense then for the SANFL to have a say about which games to show. Lets face it, the last thing the SANFL needs is for Crows and Port games only shown and then for these two teams to leave and enter the national comp.

With that said if that were to happen I cant imagine the SANFL being able to survive to take the hit when this happens.

The SANFL TV viewing audience may be ok today which I am surprised by your comment, but long term it stands little chance to survive unless the state government steps in and supports it.

You are obviously a passionate Crows man, which game would you rather see on Friday given if Tex is playing???? Assuming all were played at the same time.

I definitely would be channel hopping if the Crows reserves were playing against the ANZAC day AFL game on TV. I would also definitely be watching and not changing channels if our SANFL side were playing if the AFL game was a one way smashing.

Its a simple choice....Tex or Vader!

All day, every day, Tex.

The Vader character has been marred for me because of our special Vader poster in here.:rolleyes::p

Just teasing you Vader. I do like your posts, well most of them. Even the ones I dont like, its entertaining seeing you defend yourself.:p

but Tex HAS run a lot from what I've heard so how are the two points related?
Yep that was the point I was making. Some we're doubting his fitness but I was saying he's probably run more km's than anyone at the club over the last two months. He can play 2-3 sanfl games and as long as his knee is feeling good he'll be as ready as anyone.

Yep that was the point I was making. Some we're doubting his fitness but I was saying he's probably run more km's than anyone at the club over the last two months. He can play 2-3 sanfl games and as long as his knee is feeling good he'll be as ready as anyone.

Could you imagine the excitement if he was able to return against the Pies on Thursday night????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back