Tex back this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't that just get you pumped!

But gee whiz look at that crowd. 44,700 against GWS on Easter sunday, only 31,000 on a friday night for a place in a preliminary final.

Yeah but what were the crowd numbers the week before when that too was for a place in a HOME preliminary final?

Just looked, 44,849 apparently. Can't blame that many people dropping off when ticket prices are obscene, and the on field performance against the swans suggested a straight sets exit (which also continued in the first half of the semi from memory, pretty sure we fell 5 goals behind at one point).

Anyway, can't wait for the big fella to come back into the team, if it is a home game I think the crowd will go nuts when the announcer calls his name as part of that pre game thing the club does.

If Tex kicks a bag of goals Friday night can we bring him in on Sunday?

WheresGroomgone is hoping yes.

Makes sense to play two games per weekend to get match fitness up to speed as quickly as possible.

I admit I only quickly perused the "Filthy Pigeon" constitution and I thought it stated Round 6 was a SANFL Raven goal kicker - did I read that incorrectly?

I admit I only quickly perused the "Filthy Pigeon" constitution and I thought it stated Round 6 was a SANFL Raven goal kicker - did I read that incorrectly?
I'll let you know after the weekend

I love how Rucci is playing the 'doubts linger over his return' line on The Advertiser website (I refuse to post a link as no one should have to put up with his 'journalism') :rolleyes:

They should have trolled him by sending him a press release saying he'd get held back one more week.

Then release the official one by saying he's actually playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2441702-0720251747-origi.gif

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2014-04-24/tex-is-back

Nearly a year to the day since seriously injuring his knee, forward Taylor Walker will make his return in Adelaide’s SANFL clash with Glenelg on Friday night.

On Friday, it will be 363 days since Walker ruptured his ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) and LCL (Lateral Collateral Ligament) in an awkward landing at the MCG against Carlton in Round Five.

Walker said he was excited to be making his long-awaited comeback with Adelaide’s State League team on ANZAC Day, which also marks his 24th Birthday.

Given the abysmal attendances of Crows fans at SANFL matches, by your argument the Crows would get 0 TV games then.

So tell me why the true SANFL clubs don't deserve to have their matches televised.

Have you been to any? I've been to two so far and the number of people supporting both teams at once has amused me a little. From what I saw at the two games, and I'm going again tomorrow, there are always crows fans around amongst the home team crowd.

Given the abysmal attendances of Crows fans at SANFL matches, by your argument the Crows would get 0 TV games then.

So tell me why the true SANFL clubs don't deserve to have their matches televised.

Look, Bruce - the numbers for round 1 were just wrong. No way did they only have 4500 and I'd still suggest it was a 60/40 spilt between North Adelaide and crows.

Last week - I'd say 6,000 (4000 on the western side and 2000 on the outer and Eastern hill) with at least 2000 crows fans at Elizabeth.

I think they are fudging the numbers, I don't know why but that's the impression I am getting.

I will be there tomorrow night. I also saw Tex's last game in the SANFL. Does this make me a stalker?

TEX!!! :D
Surly though the club can set up a camera and live stream the match on the AFC site??
Afterall they usually have a camera there recording and later posting the highlights!

I think they are fudging the numbers, I don't know why but that's the impression I am getting.

I haven't been yet but I'll be down the Bay to see Tex…as a Crows member do i get in for free with my membership?

If so, is there actually a record that we are there or do we just flash our Crows membership and walk in…that would affect official crowd stats.

Look, Bruce - the numbers for round 1 were just wrong. No way did they only have 4500 and I'd still suggest it was a 60/40 spilt between North Adelaide and crows.

Last week - I'd say 6,000 (4000 on the western side and 2000 on the outer and Eastern hill) with at least 2000 crows fans at Elizabeth.

Is it possible that the crowd numbers they publish only include paid tickets? Such as your regular ticket at the gate purchase. Maybe they don't count the free crows memberships? Not sure why they would do this, but I haven't been to a crows reserves game yet. Do they give you a stub?

I haven't been yet but I'll be down the Bay to see Tex…as a Crows member do i get in for free with my membership?

If so, is there actually a record that we are there or do we just flash our Crows membership and walk in…that would affect official crowd stats.

Yes - free entry into the ground.

I just flash my membership card and just walk in.

What they do after that, I don't know but judge it on my own vision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back