Nostradamus Lives Tex to stay, Dangerfield to leave

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because managers are in the business of telling people want to hear and the Adelaide list manager would hardly say they think their best player will walk out
Well we aren't stupid, if there was any doubt he will stay then we would've traded him. Case closed.

Stop looking for a headline. Maybe you could try keeping your own players before s**t talking about us.

Well we aren't stupid, if there was any doubt he will stay then we would've traded him. Case closed.

Stop looking for a headline. Maybe you could try keeping your own players before s**t talking about us.
Lol Adelaide has the worst player retention rate in the game. No the club backs them selves to change his mind and make him want to stay put

Lol Adelaide has the worst player retention rate in the game. No the club backs them selves to change his mind and make him want to stay put
Oh, Bock and Davis left due to GC and GWS. Gunston was homesick. Tippett wanted more money we weren't offering him. Hows Beams, Shaw, Lumumba, Dawes, Wellingham. Did I miss anyone?

Oh, Bock and Davis left due to GC and GWS. Gunston was homesick. Tippett wanted more money we weren't offering him. Hows Beams, Shaw, Lumumba, Dawes, Wellingham. Did I miss anyone?
We got rid of Shaw so that surely doesn't count as a player walking out on the club he was devastated when we told him he would be put up for trade. That would be like including Vince as a player who left Adelaide. The caliber of player that has left Adelaide is a lot higher. Collingwood for the most part have not lost top line players (Beams excluded) also we were happy when we were told Lumumba wanted to go as we were going to get rid of him.

We got rid of Shaw so that surely doesn't count as a player walking out on the club he was devastated when we told him he would be put up for trade. That would be like including Vince as a player who left Adelaide. The caliber of player that has left Adelaide is a lot higher. Collingwood for the most part have not lost top line players (Beams excluded) also we were happy when we were told Lumumba wanted to go as we were going to get rid of him.
Oh forgot about Dale Thomas.

We had to lose a player to GC and GWS which happened to be Bock and Davis. Besides Davis wasn't that good for us.

Lumumba AA, premiership player. Thomas, AA, premiership player. Beams, AA, BnF, premiership player (not in his prime yet). Okay fair enough Heath Shaw was told he was going to be traded.

Whereas Gunston was an unproven player and was going to go home either way which is a mistake bu our recruiters who picked him in the first place. Tippett got an offer that was realistically too good to refuse for the quality of a player he is. Bock past his prime, form going down, only had a few good years and everyone acts like he is a superstar player. Davis, hasn't progressed at all at GWS, and didn't at Adelaide either so don't know why people act like he is a big loss now that we have a much better player in Talia. Vince was lazy, wasn't getting any younger and wasn't in our best 22 going forward. Any examples of players that were unhappy at the AFC? Apart from receiving awesome offers from rival clubs?

Oh forgot about Dale Thomas.

We had to lose a player to GC and GWS which happened to be Bock and Davis. Besides Davis wasn't that good for us.

Lumumba AA, premiership player. Thomas, AA, premiership player. Beams, AA, BnF, premiership player (not in his prime yet). Okay fair enough Heath Shaw was told he was going to be traded.

Whereas Gunston was an unproven player and was going to go home either way which is a mistake bu our recruiters who picked him in the first place. Tippett got an offer that was realistically too good to refuse for the quality of a player he is. Bock past his prime, form going down, only had a few good years and everyone acts like he is a superstar player. Davis, hasn't progressed at all at GWS, and didn't at Adelaide either so don't know why people act like he is a big loss now that we have a much better player in Talia. Vince was lazy, wasn't getting any younger and wasn't in our best 22 going forward. Any examples of players that were unhappy at the AFC? Apart from receiving awesome offers from rival clubs?

We can make excuses until the cows come home it will not change anything. Yeah Lumumba was a good player but since mid 2012 has not been playing good footy consistently would have been on the fringe of the side next year, Wellers said he was always going to go home and that is the reason he never got a premiership tat as he said he would not want that on his body when he played for WCE. We can all make excuses for players leaving but it will not change anything. People in the footy department at Adelaide think poor player retention cost you guys a potential flag. Tippet, Davis, Gunston and Maric. Instead of turning this in to a pissing contest just admit both clubs have been poor in this area

We can make excuses until the cows come home it will not change anything. Yeah Lumumba was a good player but since mid 2012 has not been playing good footy consistently would have been on the fringe of the side next year, Wellers said he was always going to go home and that is the reason he never got a premiership tat as he said he would not want that on his body when he played for WCE. We can all make excuses for players leaving but it will not change anything. People in the footy department at Adelaide think poor player retention cost you guys a potential flag. Tippet, Davis, Gunston and Maric. Instead of turning this in to a pissing contest just admit both clubs have been poor in this area
Btw we let Maric go...................ok mate but seriously now you're making up bullshit that Danger is not happy at the crows whilst Paul Connors has been on the radio 3 times saying Danger is happy here and not to mention David Noble having to answer that question god knows how many times.......just give it up, you will regret it later next year.

Danger got a good look at Waverley when he met Clarko to talk about the 'international rules'. Both inside and out.
Interesting to see how you can fit another 1 mil in your salary cap just as you got the superstar defender Frawley!!!!!!

Interesting to see how you can fit another 1 mil in your salary cap just as you got the superstar defender Frawley!!!!!!
Simple mathematics really. We have a number of players who will have chunks of their salary go outside the cap as they are veterans, and there's always front loading back ending and signing for less than market value to come into play for all current players.

Plus, Wright is renowned for having targets and strategies in place years in advance of making moves.

Last edited:
Btw we let Maric go...................ok mate but seriously now you're making up bullshit that Danger is not happy at the crows whilst Paul Connors has been on the radio 3 times saying Danger is happy here and not to mention David Noble having to answer that question god knows how many times.......just give it up, you will regret it later next year.
What is Paul Connors going to say he will walk out on the club? AFL is not as accepting of star players leaving like the NRL is their would be a massive backlash if he tells the media Danger will go home next year. He still might stay that is what Adelaide hopes but it doesn't look likely at the moment it will all come down to the new guy Phil Walsh as coach and how the get along and can he create an environment the Danger wants to stay in

What is Paul Connors going to say he will walk out on the club? AFL is not as accepting of star players leaving like the NRL is their would be a massive backlash if he tells the media Danger will go home next year. He still might stay that is what Adelaide hopes but it doesn't look likely at the moment it will all come down to the new guy Phil Walsh as coach and how the get along and can he create an environment the Danger wants to stay in
Doesn't look likely? What are you basing this on? Stop s**t talking mate it will come back to bite you in the arse.
Has he not said he loves it in Adelaide and his contract is up in a full 12 months? Just back off.

I suggest to my fellow Adelaide supporters to stop posting in this thread things like "Oh he loves Adelaide, he'll never leave" and then resort to ad hoc attacks at other clubs retention rates...

You'd have to be an idiot to take Danger's 'I love the city and the club' comments in the media 100% at face value -

I have no idea if he's staying or going, I'm also pretty confident that no one in this thread knows either...

hope he stays -

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suggest to my fellow Adelaide supporters to stop posting in this thread things like "Oh he loves Adelaide, he'll never leave" and then resort to ad hoc attacks at other clubs retention rates...

You'd have to be an idiot to take Danger's 'I love the city and the club' comments in the media 100% at face value -

I have no idea if he's staying or going, I'm also pretty confident that no one in this thread knows either...

hope he stays -
Well I am prepared to take The Sloane Ranger's comments and believe them. He's a highly respected member of our board and now a moderator.

That's cool - I'm not telling you can or can't believe is going to happen..

I just think it's silly for you to be posting endlessly about how it's certain he's going to stay, while taking potshots at other clubs -

I don't think think Danger knows for certain yet what his plans are - obviously he's going to wait and see how Walsh will turn out first before committing or leaving...

The events of 2015 will have the capacity to sway both Paddy and Tex. So I think its premature to say.
The question is why hasn't Paddy come out and declared he'll stay, and in doing so, laying the foundations for a strong future for others to follow.
There's definitely been a number of recent players that Adelaide haven't been able to keep, for various reasons, but you have to wonder why they were easily lured away.

The events of 2015 will have the capacity to sway both Paddy and Tex. So I think its premature to say.
The question is why hasn't Paddy come out and declared he'll stay, and in doing so, laying the foundations for a strong future for others to follow.
There's definitely been a number of recent players that Adelaide haven't been able to keep, for various reasons, but you have to wonder why they were easily lured away.
Tex is a crow through and through, 0% chance he will leave. He was a crows fan as a child ffs.... Danger has said he will make his decision when the time is right, not bloody 12 months before the end of his contract. Walshy will improve this football club significantly and therefore retaining Danger, Sloane and Tex.

hope he stays -
Good post. A fair number of Crows fans will be quoted and mocked in this thread if Danger does decide to leave. He wouldn't be the first and certainly not the last to say something positive about the city/club and mislead the fan base into thinking he is staying and then he walks out. I guess the thing that surprises me the most is that a lot of Crows fans are still confident in their retention program. I mean it wasn't that long ago that Bock, Davis and Tippett walked out...

Good post. A fair number of Crows fans will be quoted and mocked in this thread if Danger does decide to leave. He wouldn't be the first and certainly not the last to say something positive about the city/club and mislead the fan base into thinking he is staying and then he walks out. I guess the thing that surprises me the most is that a lot of Crows fans are still confident in their retention program. I mean it wasn't that long ago that Bock, Davis and Tippett walked out...
Bock and Davis were targeted by the expansion teams and got offers too good to refuse. Tippett was a s**t bloke and played for the money. Danger isn't. You never heard Tippett saying he loves the city and club....

hope he stays -
Best attitude to take mate.
Take it from Cats/Hawks fans.
I know I went through a series of emotions and thoughts on Buddy at Hawthorn last year, as I'm sure Cats fans did with GAJ.
Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

Bock and Davis were targeted by the expansion teams and got offers too good to refuse. Tippett was a s**t bloke and played for the money. Danger isn't. You never heard Tippett saying he loves the city and club....

"I love Adelaide"

Bottom line on all of this is that Dangerfield will stay if he believes that the foundations are right for the club to become successful. He is entrenched at the club, has strong relationships with the playing group and simply wants the group to progress. Add to this that he has the shrewdest player manager in the country in Paul Connors who will do what ever he can to extract the maximum value for his client at which ever club his client wishes to go to.

He is a restricted free agent at the end of 2015, so he doesn't have all the power and we get the right to counter the best offer, but I don't think it will come to that. I think we will know his intentions by early in the 2015 season.

Doesn't look likely? What are you basing this on? Stop s**t talking mate it will come back to bite you in the arse.
Has he not said he loves it in Adelaide and his contract is up in a full 12 months? Just back off.
Another Adelaide Franchise supporter having a meltdown over someone I would trade for a player with heart any day. I'm surprised he didnt run away 3/4 of the way through the argument :)

He is a restricted free agent at the end of 2015, so he doesn't have all the power and we get the right to counter the best offer, but I don't think it will come to that.
How can Adelaide compete financially with other clubs when they still need to sign Tex and Sloane? By the time those two are signed up you would think the Crows would be unable to match some of the offers that will be coming Danger's way. I don't think the restricted nature of his status will come into play if he really wants to leave.

If the Dogs are willing to throw $7 million over 7 years at Boyd then I can only imagine what Paddy will get offered. However, the meltdown that will ensue if he does decide to leave will be one for the ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back