Nostradamus Lives Tex to stay, Dangerfield to leave

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we nip the SA shitfight in the bud and leave it to one of the many threads over at the bay?

Still don't think he'll leave, although I think if he did, it'd be to Geelong. I don't think he's that interested in many other Victorian clubs, nor do I think many would have the cap space to support him with the promise of a premiership to boot. If the Boak saga was anything to go by, Geelong have been in Danger's ear a fair bit and if he doesn't sign in the next 2-3 months I can see him heading over there.

I have same timeline for Hawkins. If he is not signed by end of April/May… then we have a BIG problem…

not that I think he's going but till then I'd say its ok.

After that… look out…

As for DAnger, did he get engaged over the Xmas break? I read that but it was only reported once.

GO Catters

As for DAnger, did he get engaged over the Xmas break? I read that but it was only reported once.

If he did, and I do not recall hearing it, it must have been to his pussy cat

Yea, Thommo mentioned that he did in a presser he did this week.
Saw that but have not seen it mentioned anywhere else yet.
Cheers

I have same timeline for Hawkins. If he is not signed by end of April/May… then we have a BIG problem…

After that… look out…

GO Catters
Being father son I reckon your a really safe there, family history goes a long way I reckon plau if Geelong have all this coin for danger, they may have to/want to spend it on TommaHawk first anyway!

Funny how hawthorn supporters can suddenly do maths when it comes to hawthorn trading yet the very basic skills of addition and subtraction elude you all when it comes to Sydney trading anyone.
Aren't stupid generalisations fun. :rolleyes:

Being father son I reckon your a really safe there, family history goes a long way I reckon plau if Geelong have all this coin for danger, they may have to/want to spend it on TommaHawk first anyway!
Its my understanding that both are on the menu…. Hawkins first…

Go Catters

Aren't stupid generalisations fun. :rolleyes:

You give the impression of enjoying the privilege that goes with being a Moderator

You give the impression of enjoying the privilege that goes with being a Moderator
Being able to point out a childish generalisation about an entire supporter base is not a moderator privilege.

Being able to point out a childish generalisation about an entire supporter base is not a moderator privilege.

This is just where I made the comment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After that… look out…

GO Catters

Woah didn't see this

I have a strong feeling that Geelong are currently in talks with both Danger and Hawkins, seeing if Danger is interested in coming over and if he is, negotiating Hawkins offer accordingly. In reality I don't think Danger will leave (and I can't see Hawkins leaving, doesn't he own a butchery in Geelong or something?) but if he was going to go to a Victorian team, I'd say its a 90% chance of being Geelong purely for the go home factor.

The rumour going about that Tex will be named captain of the Crows puts question marks over Dangerfield and Sloane staying, you'd think.
Or that they think Tex is the best man for the job :D

The rumour going about that Tex will be named captain of the Crows puts question marks over Dangerfield and Sloane staying, you'd think.

Surprised that Sloane is being overlooked - per the rumour. Would have thought he was far more mature and leadership oriented than Tex.

GO Catters

Surprised that Sloane is being overlooked - per the rumour. Would have thought he was far more mature and leadership oriented than Tex.

GO Catters

Damn straight. Don't think we could win a bidding war for Dangerfield, but if (and still a massive IF) he's really keen to be home then back you come son!

Would feel a bit sorry for Adelaide if it happened though - you take players of the calibre of Gunston, Davis, Tippett and Dangerfield out of any list and it will hurt pretty hard.

On the Bay a Bigfooty crow is saying Sloane didn't get the gig coz he has not yet re-signed

Stunning logic ... :oops:

As each day passes, danger is closer to the exit door.

I was surprised to see Tex's comments about Sloane and Danger - not so much that he was made captain.

Its January. This will go on for another 10 months potentially. And Tex's first speech as Captain tells the clubs two biggest unsigned players that they are not better than anyone else on the list and that they need to sign and not be responsible for derailing the AFC 15 season.

Thats a pretty clear line in the sand.

GO Catters

I wonder whether there's a bit of an unknown as to how many of the vets will go around again in 2016. Cats probably don't know how much they're going to gave available. Half way through the season, they'll have a much better idea. I reckon Hawkins will sign later in the year.

Hawkins Motlop and Guthrie high on the GFC " take care of our own list"

Hawkins is well underway. Motlop im more unsure of.

And yes, we have lost Bundy and Varcoe last year, and will lose Hmac, Enright, Rivers, and maybe one or two more at years end. Only Boris is Vet list but him allows us to move another one onto it ( even if the amounts are getting smaller).

Should still be well placed.

Go Catters

I was surprised to see Tex's comments about Sloane and Danger - not so much that he was made captain.

Its January. This will go on for another 10 months potentially. And Tex's first speech as Captain tells the clubs two biggest unsigned players that they are not better than anyone else on the list and that they need to sign and not be responsible for derailing the AFC 15 season.

Thats a pretty clear line in the sand.

GO Catters
It's one of those annoying things, because Sloane and Danger are well within their rights to wait until the end of the year to decide if they wish to leave or stay, but the media are so bloodthirsty for one or both of them to announce that they're leaving that it's not fair that the rest of the club to be dragged through the endless speculation about it. And Tex probably feels that since he had no problem with playing his cards early and signing up that if they were really with him than they'd look to do the same.

Either way, I wouldn't be completely surprised if Sloane re-signed at some point between now and the start of the year, but Danger, I doubt you'll get anything out of him before the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back