Nostradamus Lives Tex to stay, Dangerfield to leave

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rumour going about that Tex will be named captain of the Crows puts question marks over Dangerfield and Sloane staying, you'd think.

sloane aint leaving. poster on our board is very close to the family and has said he's very happy in adelaide and doesnt want to come back. apparently his parents have moved over. marrying an adelaide girl with a good job over there

Sorry if its been mentioned, but surely Dangerfield realises what a flog he will look like if he leaves. He had plenty to say when Tippett left.

Crows star Patrick Dangerfield accused Tippett of not committing to Adelaide's ambitions.
"Disappointing day for the AFC. Club has done everything it could. But you have to want to be apart (sic) of where we are going," Dangerfield posted on Twitter.

Sorry if its been mentioned, but surely Dangerfield realises what a flog he will look like if he leaves. He had plenty to say when Tippett left.

Crows star Patrick Dangerfield accused Tippett of not committing to Adelaide's ambitions.
"Disappointing day for the AFC. Club has done everything it could. But you have to want to be apart (sic) of where we are going," Dangerfield posted on Twitter.

They boned out his coach he liked. Hard to want to be a part of where the club is going when there a re 1 or 2 people pulling the stings at the club.

GO Catters

They boned out his coach he liked. Hard to want to be a part of where the club is going when there a re 1 or 2 people pulling the stings at the club.

GO Catters
Trust me, firing Sando wasn't just up to 1 or 2 people and if Danger is upset that he lost the coach who couldnt coach the team to beat anyone decent and that put him on a pedestal above the rest of the playing group then he needs a reality check.

Trust me, firing Sando wasn't just up to 1 or 2 people and if Danger is upset that he lost the coach who couldnt coach the team to beat anyone decent and that put him on a pedestal above the rest of the playing group then he needs a reality check.

Or a change of scenery. Sounds like, regardless of destination, that is what he's looking for.

Go Catters

I don't necessarily disagree with firing Sando, I'm not sure about Walsh though - he brings back a few memories.

I don't necessarily disagree with firing Sando, I'm not sure about Walsh though - he brings back a few memories.
I can understand that POV, but we've heard from more than a few people, PA ones included, that while he often has that gruff demenour and can be quite demanding, he's very supportive, willing to listen and isn't afraid to let the guys know, and point out to others, when they're doing a good job. He's turned that "elite standards" into his go to catch phrase, but it's something the team needs, because the standards slipped massively under Sando, and I think the playing group has finally clicked on what is really required from them to be successful.

Or a change of scenery. Sounds like, regardless of destination, that is what he's looking for.

Go Catters
Yes, I would agree with that. I'm sure he has a mental checklist of what he wants from the team he signs with. $ will be there wherever he goes, so I imagine it'll come down to "who can help me with a Premiership". But that's the entire reason for sacking Sando, because I don't think many people thought he was going to get us to the promised land. A lot of what we accomplished in 2012 was off the back of Neil Craig's fitness, along with the help of Dean Bailey and without them he's looked well out of his depth at a lot of times.

Right now i'd put Geelong in the box seat for getting him, both for personal and professional reasons, but if the Crows have a really good year, which we might be able to do if they can play the quality of football they showed in glimpses in 2014 on a regular basis, then he could still be convinced to stay. It'll probably be an uphill battle from here on keeping him, but I don't think it's completely done yet.

It seems the media has gone a bit quiet on the whole Dangerfield saga. Good or bad for the Crows?

jesus christ, what is your problem?

it's bloody january so as far as I'm concerned it's good news for everybody if the media is quiet for a bit..

don't worry, there will be plenty of material for you to fap to as the year progresses...

jesus christ, what is your problem?

it's bloody january so as far as I'm concerned it's good news for everybody if the media is quiet for a bit..

don't worry, there will be plenty of material for you to fap to as the year progresses...
For all we know a Dangerfield re-signing announcement could be coming later today...

If Dangerfield does leave Im sure Adelaide will be fine.
They have a deep young midfield.
Obviously they would love to keep him but it would be the end of the world if he does leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't the club make the finals with the current list?

Not pumping up Sando, but surely the issues around the club, by losing draft picks, losing money, etc, wasn't that fault of the head coach, no matter how hard it's deluded supporters are brainwashed to think.

I can understand that POV, but we've heard from more than a few people, PA ones included, that while he often has that gruff demenour and can be quite demanding, he's very supportive, willing to listen and isn't afraid to let the guys know, and point out to others, when they're doing a good job. He's turned that "elite standards" into his go to catch phrase, but it's something the team needs, because the standards slipped massively under Sando, and I think the playing group has finally clicked on what is really required from them to be successful.

Yes, I would agree with that. I'm sure he has a mental checklist of what he wants from the team he signs with. $ will be there wherever he goes, so I imagine it'll come down to "who can help me with a Premiership". But that's the entire reason for sacking Sando, because I don't think many people thought he was going to get us to the promised land. A lot of what we accomplished in 2012 was off the back of Neil Craig's fitness, along with the help of Dean Bailey and without them he's looked well out of his depth at a lot of times.

Right now i'd put Geelong in the box seat for getting him, both for personal and professional reasons, but if the Crows have a really good year, which we might be able to do if they can play the quality of football they showed in glimpses in 2014 on a regular basis, then he could still be convinced to stay. It'll probably be an uphill battle from here on keeping him, but I don't think it's completely done yet.

Because of Neil Craig now???? When he was sacked crows supporters rejoiced.

Injuries played a massive part to the downfall of the year, which was then quickly changed to a player revolt, then wasn't, then lack of a finals position, then no chance of a premiership.

Ffs make up your minds.

Didn't the club make the finals with the current list?

Not pumping up Sando, but surely the issues around the club, by losing draft picks, losing money, etc, wasn't that fault of the head coach, no matter how hard it's deluded supporters are brainwashed to think.

Our lack of recent success has had nothing to do with the draft sanctions. That will hit us in 2 or 3 years.
Essentially what you said is right, we had a good list who kept undeperforming. From what I've heard the senior coach had a LARGE role to play.

Because of Neil Craig now???? When he was sacked crows supporters rejoiced.

Injuries played a massive part to the downfall of the year, which was then quickly changed to a player revolt, then wasn't, then lack of a finals position, then no chance of a premiership.

Ffs make up your minds.

It was 2 years of sub par performances.
The problem wasnt that we were losing, it was how, and why and to who.

Look a bit more into it than the media drivel and you'll get your answers.

It was 2 years of sub par performances.
The problem wasnt that we were losing, it was how, and why and to who.

Look a bit more into it than the media drivel and you'll get your answers.

Ok so what happens this year? Another excuse, or the last senior coach?

If Craig had a good list, and drove them to very good fitness levels, why was he sacked? If that fitness put the crows into the finals the following year, then not the next year, why?

Games lost to your stars, plus the middle tier mids was more than the issue, not the coach. You also changed game plans, from a totally defensive mindset.

But, keep on believing the crap from the front office.

Ok so what happens this year? Another excuse, or the last senior coach?

If Craig had a good list, and drove them to very good fitness levels, why was he sacked? If that fitness put the crows into the finals the following year, then not the next year, why?

Games lost to your stars, plus the middle tier mids was more than the issue, not the coach. You also changed game plans, from a totally defensive mindset.

But, keep on believing the crap from the front office.

Craig had an average list by the end.
He had aging superstars like Goodwin, Roo, McLeod, Edwards right in the twilight
And the new young guns like Danger Sloane Smith Jacobs etc were too young.

You're exactly right its the mid tier that cost us then.
Craig was a good coach in a way but lacked any flexibility in his game plan. He then sorta lost the plot later in his tenure.

Now though, mid teir isnt our issue. We have the depth...its whether we can get some semblence of a game plan to go along with it. Thats where Sando lacked. His game plan made Craig look like Stephen Hawking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back